Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is marriage license needed from prior marriage?

Is marriage license needed from prior marriage?

Old Feb 20th 2001, 7:41 pm
Vicki

Hello, all. My husband and I are preparing to send our application to migrate to Australia
from the US. I was married (and divorced) previously and am wondering if I need to include
my first marriage license to show proof of my surname being changed. I have the divorce
decree but not the marriage license. Will that be enough? Hope someone can answer that for
me.

Thanks.

Vicki

Old Feb 21st 2001, 4:14 am
Squeezle

Hi Vicki,

I only had to provide my (certified copy of the original) divorce decree. Of course, if
you have the cert from your 1st marriage, it certainly can't hurt to include it. Don't
worry if you don't, however.

Squeezle

> Hello, all. My husband and I are preparing to send our application to migrate to
> Australia from the US. I was married (and divorced) previously and am wondering if I
> need to include my first marriage license to show proof of my surname being changed. I
> have the divorce decree but not the marriage license. Will that be enough? Hope someone
> can answer that for
> me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Vicki