Wikiposts

Marriage during processing

Old May 2nd 2005, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

neco is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Marriage during processing

Ready to apply for STNI to SA or Vic.

I am single now and planning to marry my girlfriend (not De Facto) in 2 or 3 months. Now I think I should apply for VISA as soon as possible in case of legislation changes.

Now I have got some questions, Could anyone help me?

Q1
Is it straight forward to add my girlfriend in the application as spouse after marriage with marriage certificate and form 47A? or Do I have to add some photos like de facto?

Q2
Do I have to notice State Government to add my spouse in the nomination?
or re-apply for another nomination?
(I have already sent same question to SA Govt. and waiting response.)

Q3
Does DIMIA mind if I and my spouse live separately during processing after legal marriage?
(I am living in company residence for singles, It is almost free and she lives with her aunt. If We rented a new apartment, We would spend un-refundable bond costs more than 3000AUD and other nonsense costs because of the housing system in my country just for waiting for a visa.)

Thanking you in advance.

Last edited by neco; May 2nd 2005 at 2:54 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:04 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Marriage during processing

Originally Posted by neco
Ready to apply for STNI to SA or Vic.

I am single now and planning to marry my girlfriend (not De Facto) in 2 or 3 months. Now I think I should apply for VISA as soon as possible in case of legislation changes.

Now I have got some questions, Could anyone help me?

Q1
Is it straight forward to add my girlfriend in the application as spouse after marriage with marriage certificate and form 47A? or Do I have to add some photos like de facto?

Q2
Do I have to notice State Government to add my spouse in the nomination?
or re-apply for another nomination?
(I have already sent same question to SA Govt. and waiting response.)

Q3
Does DIMIA mind if I and my spouse live separately during processing after legal marriage?
(I am living in company residence for singles, It is almost free and she lives with her aunt. If We rented a new apartment, We would spend un-refundable bond costs more than 3000AUD and other nonsense costs because of the housing system in my country just for waiting for a visa.)

Thanking you in advance.
Hi, Just a quick reply before I go to work....We were in a similar position to you and our agent told us It would be easier and less hassle If we got married before we applied....So we did....been marrierd 2 months now after being a defacto for 19 years....
CORKER
Old May 4th 2005, 12:39 am
Just Joined

neco is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Marriage during processing

Thank you for your advice CORKER!
We will think about it. But, I just worry that Occupation List would be changed in July and other legislation change. I will do further reserch.