Marriage Certificate Issue.

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:13 am
Banned

rjumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Certificate Issue.

Dear All,

I hv come to a problem ... My marriage certificate has different age of mine and my spouse as compared to our Identity Card.

I want to ask ... "DIAC considers marriage certificate as a proof of Marriage or the age written in the certificate should also be accurate"???

If I submit this marriage certificate with age errors, will it be right or wrong???

I am pretty worried as I am trying to solve this matter from last 2 months and wasting my time a lot on this issue.

Please guide me.

RJUmar
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice
Default Re: Marriage Certificate Issue.

Originally Posted by rjumar
Dear All,

I hv come to a problem ... My marriage certificate has different age of mine and my spouse as compared to our Identity Card.

I want to ask ... "DIAC considers marriage certificate as a proof of Marriage or the age written in the certificate should also be accurate"???

If I submit this marriage certificate with age errors, will it be right or wrong???

I am pretty worried as I am trying to solve this matter from last 2 months and wasting my time a lot on this issue.

Please guide me.

RJUmar
I guess you can make the correction in marriage certificate and I think its legal anywhere in the world to make correction in any document on the basis of proof.

And you ur ID cards as a proof and I am sure ur passports have also the same age as of IDs.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh
I guess you can make the correction in marriage certificate and I think its legal anywhere in the world to make correction in any document on the basis of proof.

And you ur ID cards as a proof and I am sure ur passports have also the same age as of IDs.
That is not true. In the UK at least your marrige certifcate is a legal document and can not be changed unless by a registered offical, a registrar. That would usually be at the time or close to it, of the error being made.

I wouldnt suggest changing it as Australia looks upon marige certificates as offical legal documents also. If it's a genuine error and you can not get it changed by an offical there, a registrar or similar that you have in yor country, then send both with an explanation of the error.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

chizwiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Suggest you have it corrected by your local civil registrar (or similar agency) ASAP. Our marriage certificate had a discrepancy on my date of birth. When we lodged our application, we included an affidavit of discrepancy but the CO wanted a corrected copy and not just the affidavit.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:48 am
Banned

rjumar is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

Please guide me.

RJUmar
Any other idea or suggestion will also be highly appreciated.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chizwiz
Suggest you have it corrected by your local civil registrar (or similar agency) ASAP. Our marriage certificate had a discrepancy on my date of birth. When we lodged our application, we included an affidavit of discrepancy but the CO wanted a corrected copy and not just the affidavit.
Any other idea or suggestion will also be highly appreciated.

I doubt there are any other suggestions. The above poster has explained they were in a similar situation as you and their CO wanted a corrected copy of the document with the error.

When you were married which agency/person filled in and gave you the marrige certificate? You need to go back there with your birth certificate and/or ID Card or passport and ask an offical there to correct it.