Marraige Certificate in Spanish

Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marraige Certificate in Spanish

Hi
I am hoping someone can help me.
My better half & I were married in The Dominican Republic & our marraige Certificate is in Spanish.
Does anyboby know whether we will require the whole Certificate to be translated into English before we can send it with our Visa application?
Thanks in advance.
Stuart
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marraige Certificate in Spanish

It will need translation, most likely.

Did you ever look into getting your marriage registered in the U.K.?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

hughes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pinny
Hi
My better half & I were married in The Dominican Republic & our marraige Certificate is in Spanish.
Does anyboby know whether we will require the whole Certificate to be translated into English before we can send it with our Visa application?
Thanks in advance.
Stuart
Hi

I too got married in the Dom Rep and was issued with a Spanish Marriage certificate.

We were advised to send it to the Dominican Embassy in London to be translated into English and legalised. It cost us £85. We did this and used the translated version to get my name changed on bank accounts etc. You can find the info to do this on the website below

www.dominicanembassy.org.uk

Good luck!

Laura
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

We had to get ours translated from Spanish for our visa, you can do it at most solicitors at around £50
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rocket01
We had to get ours translated from Spanish for our visa, you can do it at most solicitors at around £50
I didn't think that most solicitors are certified translators.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:15 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pinny
Hi
Thanks in advance.
Stuart
Dont pay the solicitor to do this. Contact your local council, they will have a translation service. Manchester city council did mine and it cost £20. It took 5 working days - enclose a SAE. If you need anything else, just pm me

Debs
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

Might be worth getting it recorded at the GRO for future reference:
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ma...and--wales.asp
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Might be worth getting it recorded at the GRO for future reference:
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ma...and--wales.asp
Hi All

Thanks so much for your advice, it is really appreciated.

Cheers
Stuart