Wikiposts

Is marrage out of the question?!

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future
Question Is marrage out of the question?!

I am in Perth on a temporary long stay visa (for 6 months) staying with my Mum until my 138 Visa is accepted/rejected which should be January some time (if the timelines don’t alter too much!). If I am successful and get a permanent Visa, can I get married to my fiancé (who is also here on a working holiday visa) and then apply for a visa for him as a Spouse?

Also, if I am successful in my visa application will I have to go back to the UK for it to be granted? Should I tell the DIMIA that I am in Australia? Or because of ‘Big Brother’ will they know already!?

A few questions I know but any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:28 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is marrage out of the question?!

Originally Posted by Tina Baker
I am in Perth on a temporary long stay visa (for 6 months) staying with my Mum until my 138 Visa is accepted/rejected which should be January some time (if the timelines don’t alter too much!). If I am successful and get a permanent Visa, can I get married to my fiancé (who is also here on a working holiday visa) and then apply for a visa for him as a Spouse?

Also, if I am successful in my visa application will I have to go back to the UK for it to be granted? Should I tell the DIMIA that I am in Australia? Or because of ‘Big Brother’ will they know already!?

Definately inform DIMIA if you are in Australia. I believe you have to nominate a mission to collect your visa. From the East coast people chose Auckland or Fiji (matters might now have changed) and from Perth you can go to malaysia or Singapore. DIMIA should then inform you before your visa is granted so you can leave the country.

On return you can then sponsor your partner as you will be a permanent resident usually resident in Australia. If you have been living with your partner for more than a year then you can sponsor him for a De Facto partner visa. You should look at your co-habitation evidence. Otherwise it is for a spouse partner visa. Either way you will need to look at booklet 1 (1127) available from www.immi.gov.au/allforms.

Your partner must apply for the partner visa before his WHV expires.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:41 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Tina

Legally, you need not restrict yourself to marriage only after your visa application's decision is known. Adding a new legal spouse to your ongoing visa application is generally not difficult.

As BP has suggested, you should inform ASPC of your being in Australia - you should have informed them of your change of address as well.

Peter

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:24 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

because of ‘Big Brother’ will they know already!?

They will know. I have a friend of a friend who works at immigration and he's a real nuisance at looking up on the computer about when we've left/entered the country i.e. informing mutual friends "informally".

NJJ
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
They will know. I have a friend of a friend who works at immigration and he's a real nuisance at looking up on the computer about when we've left/entered the country i.e. informing mutual friends "informally".

NJJ
Hope he realises that by releasing that information to "mutual friends" he is breaking the law..........
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:50 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hope he realises that by releasing that information to "mutual friends" he is breaking the law..........

i mentioned something about this to him as last time we came to oz the mother in law was straight on the phone next morning after we landed.. I had hoped for at least a few days peace before her paying us a visit
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Thanks for the help guys......... I have been scouring the government web-site for hours trying to find some answers!