Marchies 07 - Organising the move!!!

Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marchies 07 - Organising the move!!!

Originally Posted by sophjam
Gday everyone its been a while, we are doing ok in cairns settling nicely had a few rough days but all in all enjoying the new life. Neils working in a private school in the maintenance dept and loves it so laid back. Jamie has managed to get anapprenticeship as a locksmith and is starting to settle made some friends and is ok, sophie is ok in school but would be happier if she had more of a social life at 13 who can blame her. My jobs ok we live 8mins from the town and hospital but the school run is awkward with my shifts but we are coping. Rental might be being sold on we have 7 months left on the lease not looking forward to people viewing while we are renting. Still trying to sell our home in the uk.
All in all miss family and friends back home but happy to be here was just what we needed.
xxTrudi

nice to hear you are ok Trudi, you got to stop calling UK 'Home' Oz is home now. this is where your family are now hon. Its hard for some at first. luckily we havent really suffered from it though, thankfully. keep up the hard work! xxx

S-j x
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
who did he study with in the end ??
Ye olde Chris from QET, he's still doing the flippen extension! Was he doing it when you did your exam?

He wanted to get Si booked in for his Contractors, but he's got a nice job at Sunny Coast Uni at mo. Got a bit of OT, got contract, sick pay etc. Would earn more on Goldie & Brissie, but life is good an all that... He dosnt really want to commit to a business yet i dont think. He enjoys surfing too much! You been up this way? How's the house going? You still doing the thread? Whats the link n i'll catch up. xxx

S-j x
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Whoops duplicate post.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:43 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Ye olde Chris from QET, he's still doing the flippen extension! Was he doing it when you did your exam?

He wanted to get Si booked in for his Contractors, but he's got a nice job at Sunny Coast Uni at mo. Got a bit of OT, got contract, sick pay etc. Would earn more on Goldie & Brissie, but life is good an all that... He dosnt really want to commit to a business yet i dont think. He enjoys surfing too much! You been up this way? How's the house going? You still doing the thread? Whats the link n i'll catch up. xxx

S-j x
certainly am
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...400962&page=79

when he`s doing his contractors i`ve a copy of the business plan that might help

regards steve
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve`o
certainly am
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...400962&page=79

when he`s doing his contractors i`ve a copy of the business plan that might help

regards steve
Wont be for a couple o months yet, needs to put a few hours in with the Mrs yet!

Would be nice though if you could forward it to me, will take a gander. x I'll PM you, Ta very much x

Will check out the Thread too. S-j x
Old Aug 18th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, hello, hello, hello. Is there any Marchies 07 out there?????

Have been here for almost 9mths now... loving it still, if i'm allowed to say that. feels just very normal. lovely friends had 1 bad experience with friendship, but that's history. just be prepared for 'friends' going strange on you, immigration does things to the mind...

Apart from that still in touch with kels, est, tracey, daryl, teryna & i maybe have forgot someone. ? Sorry if i have. Went to sydney last month to see LisaD. She's cool. Obviousely see some more than others, however they are all valued.

Kids are fab. Will was 4 last week. big boy. The twins have now got Aussie accents, never having British ones. even Si and myself have a little twang! Abi is just an Aussie now....... Overall life is very good & thought i would come on and do a little Marchies update...

See Sam & Stu are settled on Goldie with a new house ready! Good news!

Anyone else?

S-j xxx
Old Aug 18th 2008, 7:17 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Well, hello, hello, hello. Is there any Marchies 07 out there?????

Have been here for almost 9mths now... loving it still, if i'm allowed to say that. feels just very normal. lovely friends had 1 bad experience with friendship, but that's history. just be prepared for 'friends' going strange on you, immigration does things to the mind...

Apart from that still in touch with kels, est, tracey, daryl, teryna & i maybe have forgot someone. ? Sorry if i have. Went to sydney last month to see LisaD. She's cool. Obviousely see some more than others, however they are all valued.

Kids are fab. Will was 4 last week. big boy. The twins have now got Aussie accents, never having British ones. even Si and myself have a little twang! Abi is just an Aussie now....... Overall life is very good & thought i would come on and do a little Marchies update...

See Sam & Stu are settled on Goldie with a new house ready! Good news!

Anyone else?

S-j xxx
Man you read my mind! I've been thinking about this thread all weekend

I want to know how Katsmajic and KOh are?
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:05 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

we are still here, have sold our house, living in rented and leave for Cairns in January.

glad you are having a blast

Hope we settle as well as you

xx
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wardy2
we are still here, have sold our house, living in rented and leave for Cairns in January.

glad you are having a blast

Hope we settle as well as you

xx
I'm sure you will, bet you cant wait to get here now, look forward to Christmas & have a ball! What else has been happening with you guys? how come it was Jan, just cos of house? & by the way
Congratulations forselling it! Its still a nightmare in UK isnt it.

Kats & KOH are fine & loving it in Adelaide Est, will forward her to you on facebook..... they're taking pics all the time and seem to just have slipped right into it....

Tracey (howellers) unfortunatly returned to UK a few weeks ago, but she's done the right thing, they had quite a few hols b4 they returned too... She says its like they've never been away, got old jobs back etc.. really pleased she's happy.. Still as wicked sense of humour as ever too

Kels is happy with OH & girls. they've just said goodbye to visitors.

Daryl (somme) is loving it on SC... I'm sure she'll be along shortly and fill everyone in.. & Teryna too.. There's a few more Cairns way, who i've not heard off for a while, however will check my facebook as i've got a few of us on there.... mind isnt the best at the mo..

Come on Est fill us all in with your latest in the Motel! Any more stories? xxxxx S-j x
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

I'm sure you will, bet you cant wait to get here now, look forward to Christmas & have a ball! What else has been happening with you guys? how come it was Jan, just cos of house? & by the way

Kats & KOH are fine & loving it in Adelaide Est, will forward her to you on facebook..... they're taking pics all the time and seem to just have slipped right into it....

Tracey (howellers) unfortunatly returned to UK a few weeks ago, but she's done the right thing, they had quite a few hols b4 they returned too... She says its like they've never been away, got old jobs back etc.. really pleased she's happy.. Still as wicked sense of humour as ever too

Kels is happy with OH & girls. they've just said goodbye to visitors.

Daryl (somme) is loving it on SC... I'm sure she'll be along shortly and fill everyone in.. & Teryna too.. There's a few more Cairns way, who i've not heard off for a while, however will check my facebook as i've got a few of us on there.... mind isnt the best at the mo..

Come on Est fill us all in with your latest in the Motel! Any more stories? xxxxx S-j x
Would love to hear how everyone getting on in Oz.
we are still in england still haven't sold our house been and validated in june had a great time and cant wait to back over and start our new life.
Hope to meet up next time with you S-j
Think we will be the last march 07 to make it over

Lorna
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:56 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All, WV how you doing?

Hit our 4mth mark yesterday, we love it here, really happy, settled etc, koh got laid off his 1st job but now in another and has just been headhunted, with decent wage offer so may well be onto his 3rd job by next week.
Im at TAFE, had qualifications transfered over - all good, but to go into vocational training here i have to do another cert in training, but its fun and im meeting people on the course etc...
weve made some beautiful friends...not pretty - just amazing
lots of contacts/mates etc and quite a few ozzie mates too.
the lil kids are fab, have the ozzie twangs to a tee.
oldest kids are trying to turn me grey (er) note i have to bleach my hair or i'll be completely white!
my knee loves it here, have accomplished so much...am at a better stage than the uk consultant ever thought i'd be.

cant wait for the warmer weather now - its bloody freezing in adelaide in winter! lol

love to all and hope everyone is happy whatever path theyve chosen xxxx
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:26 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi S-j mum got cancer and luckily doesnt need follow up just a check up in October so we thought we would hang around til then and let the kids start school fresh in Feb when the new school year starts.

6 month delay wont harm us..I hope.

House in the end sold really quickly we had a week to get out but we did it

sorry to hear about Tracey.

x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:55 pm
aka DORIS

Thought I would just finish off the thread by saying we are here in Cairns at last not sure who is still around but just wanted to end my marchies 07 journey
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Hello all

Nice to hear all you Marchies 07 doing ok, my update is I am finally going one way on 18th Feb 09, went out three times last yearonce to validate, one to take daughter out (now with OH and Eddy (dog) and then for Xmas to see daughter and OH.
Came back in Jan and now handed in notice and going in Feb. Our container got there 24th Dec 08, so still waiting to clear customs, (hopefully it will be cleared and OH can sort it out before I get there) well thats the plan but dont tell him that I had to pack the whole house up on my own so its only fair he gets to do something.
I am a bit apprehensive but looking forward to finally getting settled again, renting the house but hope to sell this year (tenant wanted to rent and buy later)
Nice to hear all the others are doing OK, looking forward to my new life in Oz.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:40 am
aka DORIS

great news andrea hope everything goes well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.