March TRA Applicants

Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March TRA Applicants

Originally Posted by Babsw
good luck mandy, hope all goes well for you, we should be a week or two behind you, let us know how it goes.babs.

Thanks Babs - you too and everyone else treading the TRA path. When i started out on this migration journey i was warned about TRA being very time consuming and stressful - i didnt quite understand how much so until i started all the paperwork. Despite it all i was glad to see the back of the paper work YET sad to see it go! ( I have a duplicate copy 'just in case' and to look back on in years to come )
I have my visa application pretty much filled out and so now the only problem is how do i justify not doing the house work? All the time i was filling forms in it seemed acceptable not to be cleaning BUT now its all gone does that mean i gotta start on the mundane stuff again
Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

DHL Are all booked to collect ours tomorrow! Its such a great feeling to finally have all the TRA ready to send off.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

i feel quite strange because its out of our hands now and we have to wait for others to deal with it. I'm tracking its arrival to agent but then theres nothing i can do till he sends it off again and then have to wait again for the TRA people.Its a frustrating business. Agent obviously not expecting any probs as he's forwarding all visa stuff now to be getting on with so Ill be glad when that arrives but i know what you mean Mandy, you are dealing with all this "important " stuff and then its over,even tho you're glad to see the back of it.Hope you can understand what i mean,it sounds a bit strange reading it back. i'm sure we'll look back on all this in a couple of years and laugh (I hope!!!).Babs.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Hi all

It's great to see there are a few of us chewing fingernails this month!

It would be great to hear how everyone gets on. I am hoping to get some sort of acknowledgement by Mon/Tues and then it will really feel official! Yesterday and today though I have just had a horrible feeling we are going to fail, after initially being optomistic, and am now wondering why on earth we didn't use an agent. Is this normal? is it a bad omen? jeez couldn't you just go mad with it all?!!

Anyway good luck everyone and keep updating!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandz
I think the worrying bit is pretty normal from reading other peoples posts .We are all going to be suitably certified ourselves by the end of it!
Im not really sure when to expect acknowledgement
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Flippin eck! Just read another thread from an electrician who has been told by the TRA that he is over qualified as he also did a degree with an electrical element and that he should have applied through Engineers Australia.

Now I'm really worried. OH did an Electronics apprenticeship and a couple of years w/exp but then went on to do a degree in electronics,manufacturing and management.

Trouble is if we applied through Engineers Australia, the subsequent occupation would be Electronics Engineer and this is not on the MODL where as Electronics Intruments Tradesperson is. And we need the MODL points to get the visa!

Right- will have to stop reading other threads until we hear something as I'm driving myself nuts!! Going to have some chocolate and lots of it!!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

hi Mands, similar situation to us, OH did degree as Quantity Surveyor after working as Joiner since apprentice and we moved to Adelaide on SIR with him as QS but hubby went back to Joinery in Adelaide and has done so since return to UK so we are re applying as Joiner on 136 MODL. Agent says no problem but I wont believe it until all paper work in hand and TRA passed.babs
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

PS, am on Brandy' s tonight!!! Not really keen on chocolate. babs.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

hi Mands, similar situation to us, OH did degree as Quantity Surveyor after working as Joiner since apprentice and we moved to Adelaide on SIR with him as QS but hubby went back to Joinery in Adelaide and has done so since return to UK so we are re applying as Joiner on 136 MODL. Agent says no problem but I wont believe it until all paper work in hand and TRA passed.babs
Hi Babs
Did you come back from Adelaide for any reason? Thats where we are hoping to go! If we ever get through this paperwork nightmare!!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hello

Just wondered if anyone else will be sending off their TRA app this month?

Ours went on thurs with Interparcel, we tracked it all weekend and it was signed for this morning- so now the wait! Hubbie is applying under Electronics Instrument Tradesperson on MODL so keeping everything crossed! We have no idea if we are going to pass as we didn't use an agent and this isn't the job he currently does.

Anyway, good luck to anyone else applying!
Hi All

Just got an email from agent today to say OH TRA was lodged today hope we have better luck this time last one was turned down
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck Elaine and Nigel. Here's hoping we all get through!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

PS, am on Brandy' s tonight!!! Not really keen on chocolate. babs.
Can't do brandy's- not with 3 kiddies under 5 to look after from 6am tomorrow-or earlier depending on how they feel!!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi mands, been there done that etc and am slowly coming out the other side, youngest is soon to be 12 Please don't let our experiences put you off as they were peculiar to us and not to adelaide in general. We live in lake district which is lovely but very quiet and not lively and we were looking for more lively place to move to, three teenage ish boys and two lively parents(us i mean)! i was in middle of uni degree course here( primary teaching) and had been promised straight transfer when we arrived but on arrival discovered course was totally diff. and i had to do three and half years of four year degree course which coz i was on SIR visa meant costs of $40,000 ( out of question,afraid) and having to work miles out in bush for a couple of years as new teacher, I only had one year to go in UK but had thought it would be better to transfer and end up with Oz. degree.OH was having trouble settling, not much work for QS in Adl. and he went back to joinery but didn't feel ADl was for him. I wanted my teaching, being mature student its not easy to give up something you've worked for a long time to get so we decided to come back and re apply for 136 visa and go to Brisbane where my family where( can't move states on SIR for four years) and start again. Adl. great place but just not for us, just our story and not a slagging off of adl, we enjoyed time we had there and if you would like any info or honest opinions will be glad to supply info. Babs
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that babs. Im a teacher too (full time mum at the mo) so can empathise. Might come back to you for info on Adelaide if we ever get through. Best of luck getting to Brisbane- not sure I could cope with the summers there though!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

Just wondered how everyone is getting on?

We sent our app on 1st March, they rec'd it on the 5th but we have still had no ack back yet. Occupation is on MODL. This waiting is hard!!

Anybody else had any news ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.