March Applicants

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:35 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

oooo 2 weeks and i'll be either sipping a nice cold beer or i'll have passed out with jetlag..god knows i need it.

ive had a crap time with the animals
mum had 1 cat 'taz', she kept him inside for a week, then took him round the garden a few times, he lulled her into a false sense of security after doing 3 trips into the garden on his own he shot over the fence and buggered off...shes devastated, been trawling the streets looking for him, put ads up etc, hes chipped so if/when he turns up theyl call one of us (paperwork changing details already sent off)
(shes very wobbly at the moment anyway with us going soon)

(the neighbours having other cat now cant as son developed athsma - kids!)
so then she asked us for our other cat to lure first one back...and to keep her sane...we took our beastie cat 'mr b' round - he put the dog straight in his place, something taz hadnt mastered...hes claimed my mum, the house, the dogs bed and food as his own! hes a cat the dogs a GSD!!!
...so hes ok and happy and mums stopped crying...for now
he had salmon tonight for being good and using his tray - he was a huge cat before he went - hes gona be a monster by the time she finishes with him!

worst bit of last week was i had to take my old girl to the vet, i havnt been able to say owt before cos its too upsetting, vet said she was in amazing condition considering - not what i wanted to hear really...but that she was completely blind now and the tumour at base of tail had 'turned for the worse'. she prob had 6mths in her but i couldnt leave the responsibility with anyone, i had had her from 12 weeks (crying again now) and it was totally the right thing to do for her. doesnt make it feel any better though...

my boy dog goes to his new home (my sis in law) on sunday, and i'll be pet less for the first time since i was 17-19

feel so guilty bout my old girl...
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:58 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

You can pet me
Old Apr 4th 2008, 10:31 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosebee

Sorry guys if I am babbling on a bit, I am just really p....... off and just envious of everyone at the moment who is leaving......... I know it will all be worth it in the end but I just want that end to be NOW.

One seriously disillusioned and p......off.

Lesley-ann

Ps

Good luck to everyone departing in the next few weeks.
don't worry it will sort itself out soon enough i'm sure of it....

You're half way there by already agreeing to drop the price, which is the problem with most people, it seems.

good luck xxx
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants 2007

Hi all
Just wanted to update you all on what I've been up to. Got back on Friday with daughter from our validation trip to Richmond NSW. OH went out the week before and started work, and he's stopping there now, but we had to come home to sell house (while daughter finishes school)
Well, what a fab time we had (apart from the hassle of trying to find a rental) it was brilliant, and we definately didn't want to come home .
Our trip was made 100% easier because we met a brilliant ex-pat on this site who lives in Richmond who helped us with absolutely everything. She pick OH up from the railway station, she showed him around, sent us photos of the place before we had even left the UK. Took him to sort his Medicare/Phone out.... the list is endless and we cant thank her enough.

It was only through this site that we met her and her lovely family so we think this is a fab site, and if I can help anyone like she has helped us I would do. It just goes to show that there are some fantasic, good, honest human beings out there.

Well we are looking forward to going back again and now I've been I know what I'm missing and what I have to look forward to.

Hope all the other Marchies are getting on OK with their lives if they have already moved over to Oz, and for those of us still in the UK ~ it won't be long till were all out there.
Andrea
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.s. Thanks Rachelle
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:48 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants 2007

Originally Posted by andreak
Hi all
Just wanted to update you all on what I've been up to. Got back on Friday with daughter from our validation trip to Richmond NSW. OH went out the week before and started work, and he's stopping there now, but we had to come home to sell house (while daughter finishes school)
Well, what a fab time we had (apart from the hassle of trying to find a rental) it was brilliant, and we definately didn't want to come home .
Our trip was made 100% easier because we met a brilliant ex-pat on this site who lives in Richmond who helped us with absolutely everything. She pick OH up from the railway station, she showed him around, sent us photos of the place before we had even left the UK. Took him to sort his Medicare/Phone out.... the list is endless and we cant thank her enough.

It was only through this site that we met her and her lovely family so we think this is a fab site, and if I can help anyone like she has helped us I would do. It just goes to show that there are some fantasic, good, honest human beings out there.

Well we are looking forward to going back again and now I've been I know what I'm missing and what I have to look forward to.

Hope all the other Marchies are getting on OK with their lives if they have already moved over to Oz, and for those of us still in the UK ~ it won't be long till were all out there.
Andrea
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.s. Thanks Rachelle
hey there Andrea so glad it all went so well, just a shame you had to come back tho.

We too have made some real nice friends on here, we got ppl over in Adelaide actually checking out rentals for us to see if what you see on internet is really what your going to get!!!

Good luck fellow marchies, keep the dram alive it WILL happen.

We fly out week 2moro omg.

Terminal 3 haha so glad about that.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:55 am
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by welshviking
don't worry it will sort itself out soon enough i'm sure of it....

You're half way there by already agreeing to drop the price, which is the problem with most people, it seems.

good luck xxx
hey WV..................have you booker your seats yet?

I have just done ours, unfortunately we couldnt get upstairs so were bout 2/3 rds back.
But apparantly if you ask the stewardesses you can go take a look around even in the posh seats.
not long now eh?

Nerves kicking in yet?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:20 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
hey WV..................have you booker your seats yet?

I have just done ours, unfortunately we couldnt get upstairs so were bout 2/3 rds back.
But apparantly if you ask the stewardesses you can go take a look around even in the posh seats.
not long now eh?

Nerves kicking in yet?
phew!!!!

haven't stoppped for over a week!! we're having a fabby time in Wales, everyone is making a fuss of us and spoiling us to great nights out,

I booked the seats when I originally bought the tickets, but then I also rang and requested extra leg room for the big man, 13 hrs is hell for him at 6'6"...

Ok gotta go shopping now, cooking for all my girlfriends tonight,

can't wait to see you,

estyxxx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:01 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Madness....

this is utter chaos, sorting, packing, panicing when does it end???
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Have done all the packing a couple of weeks ago, so glad that that is all over.

Been wined and dined by everyone, friends and family for the last 2 weeks.

Big bash tomorrow with family and friends, and then off to the airport hotel for a flight on the Monday.

Spent this last week sorting out the loose ends, closing accounts, moving money etc etc.

Tried to get additional kilos with emirates only to be told that we need to have a certain visa type before they will consider it.

We are really struggling to get everything in to the cases, and have been through each one three times trying to thin them out. Down to about 22kls for each one, so hopefully I wont be pulled.

Booked the seats on the flight, took the middle row for 4 in a line. Just to get on the flight now!

Big bonus this week is my brother in law identified a property in east melbourne, and having spoken to the EA, and sent several emails back and forward, we have manged to secure it. Needed to negotiate on the lease period but it's okay.

Ready for the off now, and will be glad when we have finally arrived.

As you all know it's a long long road, with so many pitfalls, so many hazzards and you need the patience of a saint just to contemplate it.

But we hope it will all be worth it.

Will let you now how things progress.

Best wishes to ll those still waiting. It will happen soon.

Best Regards,
Kenny and Wendy.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:02 pm
live free or die

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Madness....

this is utter chaos, sorting, packing, panicing when does it end???
15.04.08 11:55am
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:03 pm
live free or die

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Have done all the packing a couple of weeks ago, so glad that that is all over.

Will let you now how things progress.

Best wishes to ll those still waiting. It will happen soon.

Best Regards,
Kenny and Wendy.
Well done guys, all the best, hope you have a great time
estxxxx
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by welshviking
Well done guys, all the best, hope you have a great time
estxxxx
Cheers
Just checking my mail while still having a party. It's a constant stream of well wishers. Fantastic.

But the wife is suffering from all the good byes.

thanks again,
Kenny and Wendy
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Cheers
Just checking my mail while still having a party. It's a constant stream of well wishers. Fantastic.

But the wife is suffering from all the good byes.

thanks again,
Kenny and Wendy
The goodbyes are long and very traumatic but it will be well worth or the struggle once you get here. Miss the family sometimes and when working really miss my work mates more than i thought i would ever have done.
Good luck hang on in there because the closer it gets to saying goodbye the worst it gets im sorry to say
off to work now suns up and shinning already
Teryna
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

hi folks good to see everyone is almost there now, good luck those flying soon, we are hopefully still on track to complete on 22nd april not long now, been selling all our stuff on ebay and got a garage sale next saturday so then will have to sit 3 days with nothing but matresses on bedroom floors, then we will be staying with his dad or my parents for a day or two while we tie up some loose ends then we be off hopefully, supposed to be exchanging contracts this week so we can finally book flights so should have a firm date any day soon, well cant stop am working, lookin forward to finally arrinving, dont know if i will get on now much so take care all and see ya from the other side

Dawn,andy and the kids xx
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bundybell
The goodbyes are long and very traumatic but it will be well worth or the struggle once you get here. Miss the family sometimes and when working really miss my work mates more than i thought i would ever have done.
Good luck hang on in there because the closer it gets to saying goodbye the worst it gets im sorry to say
off to work now suns up and shinning already
Teryna
I know what you mean with the goodbyes.

Yesterday was supposed to be our swan song, but now our parents have arranged a brunch meet up for "another" final farewell!!!

We thought about it last night, and have decided we aren't going to attend, seeing everyone together, and all of them being upset would be too much for the kids or my OH.

We are going to visit everyone individually before heading of at lunchtime.

As you can see, I couldn't sleep. Have been awake since 4.30am. Nerves and excitement. It's starting to become real, rather than this dream we had so long ago. Fantastic but scarry as well.

No cold feet, just apprehension.

All the Best,
Kenny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.