March Applicants

Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

tell me about it

After the last year though we are wanting a bit of a rest so we may go for it.

We can still bum about for a bit and check the other places out at the weekend. I just had a funny feeling i'd love Brissie

Oh well, we could always break the lease and find someone else like these peeps are doing who are leaving it!!

xxxxxx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

the house looks lovely sam, we however had to rush into renting something we dont think much of, way too small and older style, really wished we had only committed to it for 3 months instead of 6 months but hey only 3 more months to go , must admit though i now love the area we are living in , drew has been at school since 2 days after we landed, they get the kids in as soon as you like. which was good for us . and the best thing about living in brisbane is that we are only 35/40 from city, 1 hour away from sunshine coast north and about 50 mins from goldcoast south, although we arnt right next to the beach we can drive 5 mins to victoria point get the ferry , takes about 10 mins and we get to the beautifully secluded island of coochimudlo. so it aint all bad, and it's brilliant there to just sit with an esky full of wine, with the kids playing on the beach and andy doing his fishing.

Last edited by cresta57; Feb 19th 2008 at 1:23 pm. Reason: op request
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Sam, go with your gut feeling. i was advised mainly to not commit to rental from uk on here, do you remember, but i had a feeling and went against most marchies, it was the best thing i did, you sometimes need peoples opinions so you can form your own eh. We got this 5bed, 2bath, DLUG, 4yrs old, 5 min from beach for $410. no pool, but a lovely warm ocean! Rentals here are scarce & getting expensive, (would pay around $430 for this now) my mate got one the other day after 20 applications!!!! Do what you think is right chick. Stick with your gut, x

BTW, Crown did our dishwasher and i'd used it that morning! No Drama's, they just drained most of the water out & packed it. cleared customs fine & works better than it did in the UK!! Got to charge its batteries again . Crown didnt tell me not to use it either.

With regards to leaving do's. We had a really great few nites with friends/family.... however 3mths in.... things start to dwindle a little, if you know what i mean. you defo put the effort in most of the time and you defo find out who your mates are. There are a few i left behind who i thought would be keepers, but have had a nasty suprise lately.......... out of sight out of mind, apart from the odd email thats about it. they dont want to call Australia after a month or two, even though they have the access numbers for 2p a min calls...

Then on the other hand, i have been pleasantly suprised by other friends, who have been brilliant.... swings in roundabouts i think.

Well done on your weight.. Do you remember that challenge back in January, well i said i would have a go... lost 1 1/2stone now.. feeling good, getting plenty of walking in on the beach, swimming/bodyboarding. nice weather just makes you want to go out here. however its not easier with all the BBQ's & booze.. I've only had a few nights i've drank, since Jan... not bad for 'do you want coke with your Jack?' S-j half way there now.

MIL here in 3wks!!! Where did the time go?

oh on news now, banks upped the interest rate on mortgages by another 0.5 % AGAIN!! Fook!!

An auctioneer mate advised me not to buy & keep renting for at least 1-2 yrs the other day....... mmmmm .......

well, gonna go as finally decided to get a job & 'SEEK' is calling me...

S-j xx nite peeps xx
Hi s-j,
good to here things are going so well for you.Do you think you have settled cos you mved near to a friend so have someone to do all the outdoor things with. Its harder when your kids are teenagers dont want to be seen with you!!we are thinking of buying a boat to go water ski-ing i think they may go for that.
i lost a bit of weight and would love to do more healthy things but i seem to be spending all my time at builders and show houses trying to decide what house we want built. The block of land we purchased 12 months ago has increased in value by 20,000 in 12mths.as we have to pay rates on it w tough wed best start building.quotes weve had have been between $267,000 and $310,000 for 4bed 2bath then $30,000 for pool
i agree with the friend thing mine have been the same and some times i feel so lonely really missing my work mates and work strangely enough. feeling like imloosing all the nursing skills ive built up in the Uk as im not using them anymore but as the kids have pointed out to me im not stressed, late from wrk or as knackered hen i gethome and 'wasnt that what you wanted from oz mum?'
Lucy has got a partime job couple hrs a day and OH has a labouring job which will do for now, just need my son to get his mechanic apprenticeship.
O well best go off to water aerobics tonight
Teryna
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Hi Guys

We are still here in Brisabne for another week and loving every minute of it, we have managed to sort everything out that needed doing. So when we finally arrive here we will be up and running.

The only downside is that we cannot agree on any set area to live in although I have made up my mind that I want a new house and not an Queenslander too much maintenance for my liking. So I guess we will carry on looking until we find the right area.

We are heading up the Sunshine Coast at the w/e so we will have a good scout around there and see what it has to offer.

Lesley-ann
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
the house looks lovely sam, we however had to rush into renting something we dont think much of, way too small and older style, really wished we had only committed to it for 3 months instead of 6 months but hey only 3 more months to go , must admit though i now love the area we are living in , drew has been at school since 2 days after we landed, they get the kids in as soon as you like. which was good for us . and the best thing about living in brisbane is that we are only 35/40 from city, 1 hour away from sunshine coast north and about 50 mins from goldcoast south, although we arnt right next to the beach we can drive 5 mins to victoria point get the ferry , takes about 10 mins and we get to the beautifully secluded island of coochimudlo. so it aint all bad, and it's brilliant there to just sit with an esky full of wine, with the kids playing on the beach and andy doing his fishing.
lovely to hear from you Kels

We decided against the house in the end. It turned out to be not so much of a bargain in the end and it means all our eggs are in 1 basket (gold coast). We are going to stay with SIL initially and then either holiday let or find rental.
I can understand what you are saying about being in Brisbane and that was another reason not to jump at the gold coast! The only thing that scares me about brissie is traffic but if we live near a train line we could have the best of all worlds.
I can't wait to check it out.

stu was giving me some stats the other day...he said there are 300,000 peeps living in derby and there are 6 million living in Brisbane

Right off to jet wash bikes in -4

BTW, did anyone ship anything over with a rusty screw?? bizzare question, i know but we have sun loungers with a couple of rusty screws and i find it hard to comprehend that they will make a fuss about it

Spk soon
Sam xxxx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

Thats the thing sam, people moan about the traffic, but there aint any, not compared to where we were in the uk, unless you decide like us to take a trip up to see s-j at the sunshine coast when its australia day celebrations and get caught in the bank hols traffic there and back, but that said it freed up as we got back to brisbane. we also have the blessing of having a trainline 5 mins away.it does take 50 mins on it to get to brisbane city from ours though, with all the stops. i think the price of that house you seen was bloody good for the area, we pay $340. per week for our matchbox. but have heard holiday rentals can be expensive, have you looked at units there are some lovely complexes, we wish we'd have taken one, and unlike what we thought you dont live in each others pockets, they are just like new small but tall houses.with shared pools, tennis courts and bbq areas.hope you get sorted.

kels x
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by welshviking
WAY TO GO!!!!! awesome, so when do you leave then?

Well well look who it isn't!!!! Hows it going love alright? sounds like your all settled in nicely.

Ai get some pics on here now!!! want to see your cozzies

Well we went away for the weekend to a cabin on an island in the midddle of nowhere, it was fantastic, just turned off from everything, well there were me and 6 blokes, and 5 crates of beer etc but it was awesome.

Lost my bloody keys somehow, Kristian held the ladder and I had to climb over one of the balcony's, thank god I'd left it unlocked!! Except I can't get into the garage now and I need to start unloading our pre-packed stuff from the apartment to the garage by Friday for the photo dude to take pics!! So I may have to go grind the padlock off...

Getting the house price later today!!
Im fine thanks, didnt see this post until i looked back ,at last page sorry
yes were all settled and feel a lot older and wiser here now,but loving it.

just seen the pics of the cabin, hope you had a good time and they didnt make you do all the cooking and cleaning.did you manage anything with the locks ? and did you get a good quote on the house ? nice to speak to you and hope you seen some of our pics.

kels x
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Just a tip for anyone coming over soon, invest in some really good Sat Navigation equipment and load it up with the relevant maps before you come. It is quite a bit cheaper in the uk than it is here, we have been borrowing my sisters while we have been here and it has been worth it's weight in gold.

So just to give you all a laugh at my expense.......

To set the scene I don't do alot of city driving theses days and my driving is pretty much limited to school runs and the occasional trip into Norwich. I made the mistake of offering to drive my brother in law into work yesterday morning, unfortunately the rat never told me he was working in the city CBD Brisbane. Fortunately he guided me in and all I can say that the traffic was already heavy at 7 am, he then programmed the sat nav to get me home and to be honest I would still be going round in circles if it wasn't for it. Mean while I had to kids in the back seat of the car fighting like cats and dogs and as you can guess I was a tad nervous on the journey home.........

Did I hear someone say that clean underwear was needed......lol

Lesley-ann
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:22 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
Im fine thanks, didnt see this post until i looked back ,at last page sorry
yes were all settled and feel a lot older and wiser here now,but loving it.

just seen the pics of the cabin, hope you had a good time and they didnt make you do all the cooking and cleaning.did you manage anything with the locks ? and did you get a good quote on the house ? nice to speak to you and hope you seen some of our pics.

kels x
I checked out all your pics!!

As for the lost key, I had to climb up the ladder and get over the balcony, lucky that was the only door open,

The wankers at the estate agents told us the same price a 10 months ago, so Kristian told them to shove it, and told them what we would put it as a minimum, and then the woman goes and agrees that yes they did put it a bit low, because she wanted more than one bidder!!! twats, it's up to us at the end of the day they can only advise and we've had our eye on the market so we're confident......

Well I've gotta find out where our passports have got to, I sent them over 2 weeks ago and i'm coming to the UK in a couple of weeks so need them back asap!!!

estxx

Teryna, it'll get easier babe!!!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG!! how mental have the last 2 days been

cleaning, cleaning, sorting cupboards to be emptied and cupboards not to be....packing our 40kg each...how much luggage, we're going to have fun at the airport

I've had to put big black crosses on paper on cupboards not to be emptied!

Jet washing was fun....not!!....frozen hose!! We had to boil the kettle and pour it on it!!

Crown are here now packing upstairs and container comes at 10 tomorrow.

We took our cat to my mums last night, bless her, that was a bit sad

I mentioned some stats in an earlier post and stu informs me of how wrong i got it (i'm sure i've dot discalcular - shocking with numbers!!)
3 million live in brissie (i think) not 6 million

Spk soon
Sam xxxxx
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:54 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
OMG!! how mental have the last 2 days been

Crown are here now packing upstairs and container comes at 10 tomorrow.

I mentioned some stats in an earlier post and stu informs me of how wrong i got it (i'm sure i've dot discalcular - shocking with numbers!!)
3 million live in brissie (i think) not 6 million

Spk soon
Sam xxxxx
Ai I did wonder what the hell you were on about!!!!

I'm with love donning the rubber gloves myself, not much more to do now though, I cleaned all the windows yest and it's hammering down today!!!!:curse:

I can't wait for this week to be over. I'm going to go out and get smashed tomorrow, sleep all weekend, except surfacing for rugby and food....oh how good does that sound!!

Sam have you got anymore parties this weekend?

Estxxx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm with love donning the rubber gloves myself, not much more to do now though, I cleaned all the windows yest and it's hammering down today!!!!:curse:

I can't wait for this week to be over. I'm going to go out and get smashed tomorrow, sleep all weekend, except surfacing for rugby and food....oh how good does that sound!!

Estxxx
Sounds like a good weekend!

No parties but stu out with work tomorrow and i'm out with some girlfriends on sat. The packers left our bed unwrapped for tonight and i've been that knackered i've been sleeping on it for the last 2 hours! and they've found a watch i lost a good few months ago - bless them, that was honest of them hey??

Have a good one Est, we deserve it

xxxxxx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Estxxx
We will be watching the rugby we get up in the middle of the night to watch it
Waalees, Waaleess, come on!!! yaaaa
teryna
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Originally Posted by bundybell
We will be watching the rugby we get up in the middle of the night to watch it
Waalees, Waaleess, come on!!! yaaaa
teryna
You are going to have to change your alliegance at some point to barrack Wallaby! As my mate says the first steps to integration in a country is to eat local food, drink local beer, play local sports and barrack for the home side. It is so difficult, but I just don't understand how people who have been in a country for several years still barrack for their old country and refer to it as home.. Been a long a strange day and I need to go for a run- been inside all day now and going crazy!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready
You are going to have to change your alliegance at some point to barrack Wallaby! As my mate says the first steps to integration in a country is to eat local food, drink local beer, play local sports and barrack for the home side. It is so difficult, but I just don't understand how people who have been in a country for several years still barrack for their old country and refer to it as home.. Been a long a strange day and I need to go for a run- been inside all day now and going crazy!
Made me laugh Sean, I showed my alliegance already to QLD, we went to the Reds match last Friday night it was awesome.

La

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.