March Applicants

Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Well guys, Si's out on his DO from work as hes done his last day. i'm washing his workwear for the last time!! (for 7wks ish)

i've tanned and manicured/pedicured, exfoliated and waxed... fullhead foils tomorrow and a nice 'do' for tomorrow night.. Managed to get some nice bits in the monsoon sale today girls, absolutly gorg top and mini cardigan thingy for those cool summer eves........ nice couple of dresses too, up to 50% off

i walked around town with a wad of cash in my pocket today while kids were in nursury, i've done nearly all my list now, so thought i would take a stroll around town.. I wanted to spend spend spend..... monsoon was the only place i struck lucky and all the rest was winter stock, bummer or what.. i nearly bought some trainers 'just because'

So right at the end went to 'Benefit' counter in boots and had a 'little' spend And topped it off with a Gingerbread Latte and a toasted ciabatta with brie and cranberry in Costa Coffee was nice.

S-j xx
Absolute heaven! I fancy some of that! Just a new eyeshadow would be nice!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Hi All,

Haven't posted for a long time. But thought I would today as things are really starting to p**s me off!

After such a long wait getting the visa, I thought that the house sale would have been the least of my troubles but far from it.

Boy did we pick the time to sell our house!

Have had about 3 viewing in the space of the same amount of months. Dont think there is anything fundamentaly wrong with the property, just market changes and interest rates, and banking worries etc have all combined to make it vert difficult.

Had another viewing today, but I am not too hopeful, just have to suck it and see. But just remember that the visa is only the start.

Annoying thing is that we missed out on an ideal rental property two doors away from our family in Melbourne because we could'nt move quickly enough!!!

Anyway that is my moan over. Will try and remain positve, but it is looking like another cold winter for me.

Hope everyone else is getting on okay, Chin up all those waiting for a visa.

Best Regards,
Kenny.
Kenny Im sorry you are on a downer I know what its like we havent sold either we are taking a mortgage holiday so we can arrive for the new school year we will hopefully sell in the spring we are leaving the contracts signed at the solicitors if we get buyers we can proceed. Crap start but cant do anything about it.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophjam
I know the feeling S-J not a pair of shorts or summer skirt in sight I was so preoccupied with the visa trail forgot to get my new summer wardrobe. Glad you had a nice day sounds lovely. Ive got man flu aching everywhere this morning and its time to decorate our little sitting room at the back of the house bugger couldnt leave it with faded marks where the pictures were for the potential buyers. Have a great weekend S-j and Si . Make it special xx Trudi
Was fab last night, had my foils done and hairdressers discounted to £75, got bucks fizz and choccy cake, got free product too. Got a freebie last week, dont know whats wrong with them.. Got blowdry booked for Friday evening so hair will be ok for flight.

Night was amazing though, we had a gorg meal for 17 of us (close family) and went for a few drinks down the road then randomly gatecrashed 'Vals' retirement do at the Polish club! We danced to Motown with a Jarvis cocker wannabe. they were that freaky in there we left thinking we'd been set up!

Originally Posted by bundybell
morning.
Question? why is everyone updating summer wardrobe before they go?
pound for dollar its cheaper to buy clothes out there and they always have summer stock.
Just wondered
Teryna
I like monsoon and got a few bits in the sale, also bought loads in the Next sale cos i'm 6ft and will struggle in Oz as they've not caught on too much that there is tall woman.. (the clothes are really expensive for long leg and not very fashionable) I bought 10pairs of jeans (ish) for that reason and at £15 a pair wasnt bad going..

Bras too for big boobs are really expensive there too, i was looking at some average ones for $100 would rather go to Bravissimo here at £30 a bra...

Thats my answer anyway, not sure about the others.

Is it Teryna? I thought our clothes were cheaper and nicer quality. Oh well Ill look forward to that then, hubby will be watching every penny when we land though now I can buy on the side and hide till we pack.
nice one Tracey! i just tell him what i spend and enjoy the look on his face!

Hi All,

Haven't posted for a long time. But thought I would today as things are really starting to p**s me off!

After such a long wait getting the visa, I thought that the house sale would have been the least of my troubles but far from it.

Boy did we pick the time to sell our house!

Have had about 3 viewing in the space of the same amount of months. Dont think there is anything fundamentaly wrong with the property, just market changes and interest rates, and banking worries etc have all combined to make it vert difficult.

Had another viewing today, but I am not too hopeful, just have to suck it and see. But just remember that the visa is only the start.

Annoying thing is that we missed out on an ideal rental property two doors away from our family in Melbourne because we could'nt move quickly enough!!!

Anyway that is my moan over. Will try and remain positve, but it is looking like another cold winter for me.

Hope everyone else is getting on okay, Chin up all those waiting for a visa.

Best Regards,
Kenny.
hi Kenny,

Bummer about the house sale, I'm sure the market will pick up as people still have to buy, just christmas and all that.... karma sent your way. x S-j
Old Nov 17th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The howellers
Absolute heaven! I fancy some of that! Just a new eyeshadow would be nice!!!!
That spend was an eyeshadow!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Was fab last night, had my foils done and hairdressers discounted to £75, got bucks fizz and choccy cake, got free product too. Got a freebie last week, dont know whats wrong with them.. Got blowdry booked for Friday evening so hair will be ok for flight.

Night was amazing though, we had a gorg meal for 17 of us (close family) and went for a few drinks down the road then randomly gatecrashed 'Vals' retirement do at the Polish club! We danced to Motown with a Jarvis cocker wannabe. they were that freaky in there we left thinking we'd been set up!

I like monsoon and got a few bits in the sale, also bought loads in the Next sale cos i'm 6ft and will struggle in Oz as they've not caught on too much that there is tall woman.. (the clothes are really expensive for long leg and not very fashionable) I bought 10pairs of jeans (ish) for that reason and at £15 a pair wasnt bad going..

Bras too for big boobs are really expensive there too, i was looking at some average ones for $100 would rather go to Bravissimo here at £30 a bra...

Thats my answer anyway, not sure about the others.

nice one Tracey! i just tell him what i spend and enjoy the look on his face!

hi Kenny,

Bummer about the house sale, I'm sure the market will pick up as people still have to buy, just christmas and all that.... karma sent your way. x S-j
So wish you were going to Melbourne! we could have many girlie shopping/hair trips! Think i may now book myself some treatments after hearing what you are having! Sod the money eh! Glad you had a lovely time babe!
We are just sorting all our things for my Girlie house sale evening.got about 20 girls coming for wine and nibbles, and hopefully if i get them plastered enough i can flog them all my stuff!!!
Having to pack little George,s toys now as container coming a week tommorrow. Feel like a BAD mum as im having to hide so much from him!
Hope the rest of your time is loads of fun!
Tracey.xx
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Kenny Im sorry you are on a downer I know what its like we havent sold either we are taking a mortgage holiday so we can arrive for the new school year we will hopefully sell in the spring we are leaving the contracts signed at the solicitors if we get buyers we can proceed. Crap start but cant do anything about it.
Hi Tracey,

That is an idea!!!!! Need to check it out at the bank. Never thought of that.

Cheers,
Kenny

hi Kenny,

Thanks S-J,

Had a surprise viewing yesterday, and it appeared to go well. It couldn't possibly be a sale at last???????

I am sure that it will all come together. (Eventually!)

Best Wishes,
Kenny.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Hi Tracey,

That is an idea!!!!! Need to check it out at the bank. Never thought of that.

Cheers,
Kenny

Thanks S-J,

Had a surprise viewing yesterday, and it appeared to go well. It couldn't possibly be a sale at last???????

I am sure that it will all come together. (Eventually!)

Best Wishes,
Kenny.
fingers crossed for you. i hope you sell realllllll soon
Teryna
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The howellers
So wish you were going to Melbourne! we could have many girlie shopping/hair trips! Think i may now book myself some treatments after hearing what you are having! Sod the money eh! Glad you had a lovely time babe!
We are just sorting all our things for my Girlie house sale evening.got about 20 girls coming for wine and nibbles, and hopefully if i get them plastered enough i can flog them all my stuff!!!
Having to pack little George,s toys now as container coming a week tommorrow. Feel like a BAD mum as im having to hide so much from him!
Hope the rest of your time is loads of fun!
Tracey.xx

Let us know how the girlie house sale goes .

You're no bad mum, your just protecting him. As for the treatments, i've not had much done for the last 3yrs apart from my hair, so i though shove it, lets have a bit of a blast and have some fun while i'm at it....

just had my Christmas lunch at mums It was really nice, food awful but the effort she put into it was amazing and was such a lovely afternoon, we even played bingo and saw my ageing grandfather.. for the second to last time.. That was the only time i got the 'lump' in my throat when i had to say goodbye to him.. I looked at mums face and she had a tear or two in her eyes.. So i did one sharpish and flew home.

Well take care and speak soon. x S-j xx
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Let us know how the girlie house sale goes .

You're no bad mum, your just protecting him. As for the treatments, i've not had much done for the last 3yrs apart from my hair, so i though shove it, lets have a bit of a blast and have some fun while i'm at it....

just had my Christmas lunch at mums It was really nice, food awful but the effort she put into it was amazing and was such a lovely afternoon, we even played bingo and saw my ageing grandfather.. for the second to last time.. That was the only time i got the 'lump' in my throat when i had to say goodbye to him.. I looked at mums face and she had a tear or two in her eyes.. So i did one sharpish and flew home.

Well take care and speak soon. x S-j xx
Have a good week S-J and family.
Its all coming together now, we got the garage cleared at the weekend my dad scurried backwards and forwards with stuff he wanted and the rest went to the tip. Neil sold his bike sad to see it go but the cash looked lovely. My little sitting room is nearly decorated I can see the end in sight and might get the chance to enjoy xmas.
My last shift is the friday before xmas and we are having a tea party on the kids ward its going to be hard.
I think its all paperwork the rest of it and preparing for xmas. Our dogs leave on the 6th jan god love them they wont know whats hit them in the quarentine camp. They love the fire and sofa bit like me.
have a good week marchies lets hope there are more visas and good news ahead.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

hi all,
Glad to here all prep for leaving is going well.
Im off on sick still this week so able to plod through papers and make phone calls re cancellations etc
Sold some more stuff on weekend which was nice few more things to go though
I finish work weekending 7th then have 8 days annual leave which will be nice and to have christmas off!! My last day is a longday 7-9 on friday which will be as hectic as hell ive no doubt fridays always are on assessment/admissions!
No time to get sentimental
My leaving do on 21st which will be nice everyone should be in party mood by then
O well best get back to it still loads to do feels like i forever chucking out.
& only 7 weeks tomorrow till we leave
Good luck to all those still waiting
Teryna
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Have a good week S-J and family.
Its all coming together now, we got the garage cleared at the weekend my dad scurried backwards and forwards with stuff he wanted and the rest went to the tip. Neil sold his bike sad to see it go but the cash looked lovely. My little sitting room is nearly decorated I can see the end in sight and might get the chance to enjoy xmas.
My last shift is the friday before xmas and we are having a tea party on the kids ward its going to be hard.
I think its all paperwork the rest of it and preparing for xmas. Our dogs leave on the 6th jan god love them they wont know whats hit them in the quarentine camp. They love the fire and sofa bit like me.
have a good week marchies lets hope there are more visas and good news ahead.
Nice to see you sold your bike, we're still trying, we will move it at the end of the week to uncles garage, to sell from there in the new year.

It all exciting now isnt it.. Cant believe nearly everyone is sorted.. Just a few more to come in, do we have a final number of marchies still waiting i dont know as i cant access the spreadsheet....

Well off to do lunch again with stepdad, just said my last goodbye to grandma, wont see her again. She asked me when we were coming back... She didnt realise we wernt. the look on her face was awful. xxx

See you later guys, good luck with the leaving do Teryna. xxx

S-j xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:12 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Aww good luck to all of you who are on the move!!!!!!!

Teryna hope you feel better soon love.

S-J you'll be in Oz before we get home probs!!! Or we'lll be in the air the same time maybe!! I'll sen you good vibes

We're off to NYC 2mw!!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
Aww good luck to all of you who are on the move!!!!!!!

Teryna hope you feel better soon love.

S-J you'll be in Oz before we get home probs!!! Or we'lll be in the air the same time maybe!! I'll sen you good vibes

We're off to NYC 2mw!!!!!
Well, WV if i remember rightly my bet on your visa day was tomorrow...lets see
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:13 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Well, WV if i remember rightly my bet on your visa day was tomorrow...lets see
oh is it!! i'll dig that post up now and have a look
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:15 am
live free or die

Sammyg = November 5th

Melaniemc = November 12th

The howellers = November 20th tomorrow

Sophjam= October 31st

WV = December 14th

S-j = December 19th (sorry)

Bundybell - Jan 13th (bitch!)

3 down 3 to go, wow what a weekend that would be if it came this week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.