March Applicants

Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:58 am
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by rosebee
Hi There

Can I be nosey and ask if you are using a Brisbane based agent? We have and I just wondered what other peoples thoughts were on using agents.

My oh and 6 and 4 year old will also (hopefully) be going to brisbane on a 136 modl. We would prefer to go to Corinda/Sherwood to join family.
Hi there, no not using a Brisbane based agent , ours is a London UK based agent, with seemingly a good reputation on this forum so fingers crossed they will get us through.
We will either be sunshine coast or gold coast within about 45 mins-1 hours drive from Brisbane.It really depends where is best to set up a business.Initially i think we will be gold coast while we decide, but i'm hoping the OH will get a good idea on a rekkie trip in the next few months!!!
M J
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

QUOTE: "I have just found out that as of 1st May 2007 VAT will be added to your invoice for Medicals"

FFF! As if this whole process isn't expensive enough Bloody taxes :curse:
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
HI
Can I ask what tattoos have to do with the cost of the medicals? Is it for blood checks or something? I have given blood since having tattoos done so I am OK there.

Thanks
Nicky
PS now I am an Aprilie. The TRA said YES

Well done nicky!!

Sorry for delay but extra cash was for Hep C test for anyone with body piercing or tattoos... will keep my piercings to myself i think

S-j x
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

beetleman will become famous soon enough

To kill some time.
We have sent our PCCs off today and booked our meds for the end of may.
Now we will sit back and wait!!!!!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Xena is an unknown quantity at this point

Is any one getting meds done in the south east - Kent or Surrey? This is just all too confusing for my tiny little brain!

We are not in any particular rush (well, I am but have to sit tight which is not easy believe me ) - mortgage fixed until May next year so can't do anything firm about visa until then anyway (excpet validate if issued earlier than we anticipate).

Thanks

Xena (aka Brenda)
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Xena
Is any one getting meds done in the south east - Kent or Surrey? This is just all too confusing for my tiny little brain!

We are not in any particular rush (well, I am but have to sit tight which is not easy believe me ) - mortgage fixed until May next year so can't do anything firm about visa until then anyway (excpet validate if issued earlier than we anticipate).

Thanks

Xena (aka Brenda)
I know how you're feeling with regards to wanting to rush but can't - our son doesn't finish his GCSEs until the end of June next year so we need all the dates to tie in with that. Its so frustrating knowing that we could get things rolling by front loading the meds & PCCs but we cant as it will screw the timing up

K x
Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Us too, stuck until after GCSE's next year so no point in rushing meds. Are you going to validate Karen or just going to make the move?

Jan
Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by banoff
Us too, stuck until after GCSE's next year so no point in rushing meds. Are you going to validate Karen or just going to make the move?

Jan
Hi Jan

We don't want to have to validate due to the expense but we may have to as our middle son has a heart condition and might be given a 'B' on the meds and therefore 6 months to validate. If we're lucky enough to be given the full 12 months then we'll just move next year - how about you?

K x
Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Hi all

I have today booked medicals in Nottingham, who advised that as of 1st May they will be adding VAT to the cost of medicals, they are charging us £555 in total for two adults and one child, compare to £695 in Hitchin which is a bit closer to home but it won't cost the £140 difference in petrol, so we'll have a day out in the process. Booked for Monday 30th April so just in time but she had plenty of spaces.
If we get visa before the end of Dec we will go out over Christmas and validate them. OH is getting made redundant at end of year so he may just buy a one way ticket that would be a bit scary. Leaving me to tie up the loose ends this end even more scary. Police checks have been sent for so its just a waiting game now, and fingers and toes all crossed.
Good luck to everyone waiting.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

How come, when i read 'talk' of booking the one way tickets i get the nervous ' I need the loo' feeling?

Anyone?

S-j x He He x
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Don't know yet as already got hols booked for christmas and not allowed to take kids out of school in term time, so only time left is next easter. That will be to close to the move though.

Jan
Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi Jan

We don't want to have to validate due to the expense but we may have to as our middle son has a heart condition and might be given a 'B' on the meds and therefore 6 months to validate. If we're lucky enough to be given the full 12 months then we'll just move next year - how about you?

K x
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

OMG only 8mths till we want to leave for Oz,

Can you tell i'm having a moment... just gonna get a slo's gin.. it's the only thing we have in the house apart from easter eggs and i'm desperate!!!

S-j x
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

i been having a few wobbles too today its all getting a bit "real" now and a bit scary and i keep thinking are we doing the right thing, i just keep thinking wot we doing, giving up nice house decent jobs and going where we will have nothing to start with and i think we must be mad
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

So why is it calling us then, it's like a lost lover!!!

lovin it though.. S-j xx
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

I know how you feel! Keep having wobbles myself so stressed about the money side of things as we will not have much to take out with us but i'm sure it will all be ok! If you want something bad enough you find a way to make it work and this feels like the right thing to do for our family although scared stiff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.