March Applicants

Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

lochaberlass will become famous soon enoughlochaberlass will become famous soon enough
Default Re: March Applicants

Home information pack (just a way to get money of the seller not just the buyers). Energy rating of house (ooh you haven't got energy saving lightbulbs etc etc) pay for local authority searches. As you can tell i am a sceptic. Not sure how much it all costs but i think a few hundred pounds. I just don't see the value in it personally, the buyer will still have to get a proper survey done. Just adds more time and money and adminstration nonsense
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by lochaberlass
Home information pack (just a way to get money of the seller not just the buyers). Energy rating of house (ooh you haven't got energy saving lightbulbs etc etc) pay for local authority searches. As you can tell i am a sceptic. Not sure how much it all costs but i think a few hundred pounds. I just don't see the value in it personally, the buyer will still have to get a proper survey done. Just adds more time and money and adminstration nonsense
Thanks,
sounds like estate agents are the only winners with house sales still then
Good luck with your house sale. Im so glad we've sold one less job to do when that longed for visa is granted.
Teryna
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundybell
Thanks,
sounds like estate agents are the only winners with house sales still then
Good luck with your house sale. Im so glad we've sold one less job to do when that longed for visa is granted.
Teryna

Me too. x i hate selling houses!! :curse: makes me grumpy!! S-j xx good luck with it guys, tried sending you some house selling karma sam but got to spread it around! xx
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

I've got this week off work to try and get the house in order to put on the market. I hadn't realised how much crap we have. The skip is filling up nicely and I'm getting excited about using the carpet cleaning machine in the morning! (me thinks I need to get out more!)

Mind you we haven't even got a case officer yet. It'll be 11 weeks tomorrow since ack. :curse: Ah well, I guess the email will come eventually.
With the way the gun crime is going in the UK we can't get out quick enough!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Hi Teryna,

No news yet on the visa. We have provided all we can now and am waiting. My agent (who is excellent and has good contacts at the department) says that he reckons now it is just a matter of another 2-3 weeks and we should be home and dry. In the meantime, I am now working my notice period and the new job are applying for a new 457 for me (although would only need this if residency gets pushed back further). Mind you don't think I will be getting a holiday before the end of the year, so may be necessary before a trip to NZ to validate.

Not worried now though -busily training for my upcoming marathon, having run 100km race at the weekend- legs still feeling slightly buggered, but I will live.

Hope you are well and the packing is going good. I know that when my mates came out here from the UK as a family, they managed to clear out so much junk (it just amazes me what you accumalate). It is my goal now to always think three times before buying stuff that you may not need. My flat in London is furnished, but wanted to keep it that way, so furnished the one here to (got to love IKEA). Our goal is to save and only furnish really well once we buy our beach house in a year or so. We have started to buy art work etc from each country that we visit (cheesy mementos).

End of ramble- back to work.

Cheers
Folks
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Morning all,
im off to work, late again!! just cant be bothered lately.
Good luck to everyone with houses to sell, waiting for C/O allocations and visa grants.
I hope to see loads of happy blogs on here when i get home 10.30pm tonight.
cheers
Teryna
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Sean, my mums cousin is David Bromley (melbourne) Dont know if you're familiar with his Art. Its lovely have a look at his website. Apparently he's in the art pages quite a bit. I like his stuff. A bit rude though. That lovely lady that keeps popping up in his work is his wife!

S-j x
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

any news from anyone today???
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:42 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
good luck on the house front sellers!!!
we had got through quite alot of sorting of stuff/junk before - now things are accumilating again
i soo want to get on my hands and knees and get the kids toy boxes gutted out!
im not looking forward to xmas - dont want to buy anything for the kids as were still in 2 minds about shipping or not shipping house contents!
considering going away for xmas and having that as a family pressie instead.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

crankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nice

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
any news from anyone today???
We've applied for our one week old's passport via fast-track.

Cheers, Cranky.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

jobo will become famous soon enoughjobo will become famous soon enough

No visa news for us today, its a bit like groundhog day isnt it,gettingup checking email, no news AGAIN! Dont expect it for a while mind you cos our meds only arrived on 31st JUly, but have to get up and check each morning just in case!
I was up at the crack of dawn for a telephone interview this morning, and Ive got myself a job in a maternity unit in The Wesley Hospital. It was really informal,lasted about 40 mins but half of that was general chit chat, she was really friendly.
So that takes the pressure off a bit, knowing we'll have one wage coming in straight away. OH says he might be a kept man now (soon put him right there!) So feeling quite excited now. Buyers are happy to wait so as soon as we get the golden ticket it'll be all systems go, still hoping to be there in November.
Surely someone must be due for a visa on here, doesnt seem like weve had any for ages, fingers crossed .
Jo
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jobo
No visa news for us today, its a bit like groundhog day isnt it,gettingup checking email, no news AGAIN! Dont expect it for a while mind you cos our meds only arrived on 31st JUly, but have to get up and check each morning just in case!
I was up at the crack of dawn for a telephone interview this morning, and Ive got myself a job in a maternity unit in The Wesley Hospital. It was really informal,lasted about 40 mins but half of that was general chit chat, she was really friendly.
So that takes the pressure off a bit, knowing we'll have one wage coming in straight away. OH says he might be a kept man now (soon put him right there!) So feeling quite excited now. Buyers are happy to wait so as soon as we get the golden ticket it'll be all systems go, still hoping to be there in November.
Surely someone must be due for a visa on here, doesnt seem like weve had any for ages, fingers crossed .
Jo
Jo,

our meds got to LCU about the 29th ish of May and visa granted 7th June!

visa karma your way chick!

S-j x
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Kels and Andy,

dont be thinking now you got your visa you can disapear!!!!

Get back on here and share your highs and your lows!!

come on, what you been doing today locked yourself in the bathroom???

S-j xx
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

jobo will become famous soon enoughjobo will become famous soon enough

Thanks SJ, if only if only if only!
JoXX
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Emailed PCC's through on Monday received an automated email confiming they had received them, then later that day that the format was not suitable and to resend. This we did yesterday and again received the automated email to confirm receipt. Not heard any more so I take it they could open them this time, do you think this sound about right?

Jan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.