March Applicants

Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

We were thinking about building a new house but we've changed our mind for the time being and looking into somewhere more established with a bit of land.

I'll be woking in a children's centre and they are dotted around all over so we'll have to see!

So when are you planning to go?? as soon as you get your visa's?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

knoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really nice

Originally Posted by LiverpoolLass
I did the checking on the internet tracking obsessively. I think this whole process turns you in to a nutter. I'm sure I am developing OCD. I keep checking my emails for an acknoledgement, then it will be for a case officer. I think I need to get a life!

Don't worry it's perfectly normal
can you please add us to your spreadsheet
136 posted 23 march perth bound no agent
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road

We plan to go Jan 2008, all depends on the house sale though, just waiting for our visa then the house goes on the market.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:31 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
We were thinking about building a new house but we've changed our mind for the time being and looking into somewhere more established with a bit of land.

I'll be woking in a children's centre and they are dotted around all over so we'll have to see!

So when are you planning to go?? as soon as you get your visa's?

well i had november this year in mind...but you never know, we've decided to get married before we go, to keep the fam's happy, so that has only been planned since december, and wasn't in our original budget plan...plus you never know how much you'll get for the house...or if the visa will come at the best time of year for putting it on the market either? hmmm...

but as for the pipe dream plan at the mo...we intend to fly to perth (ship all the stuff to queensland) buy a decent sized RV and travel for a bit, as i've been there for a year but not th OH, and as i also mentioned it depends where we can find the business we want..to be honest i loved WA when i was there, but he's dead keen on brissie...but hey once we're there we have the rest of our lives to check it out right?

The package is now in Melbourne...so it should be at the processing centre tomorrow....i think it's the worst bit then isn't it...especially as they took our jobs off the modl all you other marchies'll be way ahead of us

why southside sammyg? schools?

W.V.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

LiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really nice

Originally Posted by knoydart
can you please add us to your spreadsheet
136 posted 23 march perth bound no agent
You are now on the spreadsheet. Amajon, you are also on the spreadsheet now too.

Best of luck!!

Cheers, Janet X
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

beetleman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sammyg
There seems to be a lot of us heading to brisbane area, so i was wondering where you guys were thinking of settling??

We're not sure yet

Sam xx
Hi
We have family in Greenbank, but we really love the Sunshine Coast....so we are thinking that is our ideal destination....seems like a distant dream still thou'...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by beetleman
Hi
We have family in Greenbank, but we really love the Sunshine Coast....so we are thinking that is our ideal destination....seems like a distant dream still thou'...
Hi,

Since I'm in Gold Coast already, I thought to add few points here. I think the decision about where to put yourselft once you've migrated depends on your occupation mainly and thats why you might have noticed that I've decided to move to Sydney after securing my PR.

I'm into IT / Computers and have realized that the QLD market isnt as strong as Sydney is or even the Melbourne. Another region picking up quickly in IT Jobs is Perth but then you'll have to compromise on Salary things.

A lot of people who like to be in Gold Coast region, have decided to live somewhere between Brisbane and Gold Coast and that seems to be a wise decision as you'll have a chance to cover the both Job Markets, Brisbane as well as GC.

However, you must keep in my mind that the traffic situation on Pacific Highway is only getting worse day by day and in peak hours you need atleast 45 to 60 minutes extra (on top of the normal 50 minutes of commuting) to reach Brisbane CBD from GC.

But then, someone might say that these problems are not unique to Brisbane only they are the same in almost every big city

Last edited by ghanghro; Mar 26th 2007 at 9:03 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ghanghro
Hi,

Since I'm in Gold Coast already, I thought to add few points here. I think the decision about where to put yourselft once you've migrated depends on your occupation mainly and thats why you might have noticed that I've decided to move to Sydney after securing my PR.

I'm into IT / Computers and have realized that the QLD market isnt as strong as Sydney is or even the Melbourne. Another region picking up quickly in IT Jobs is Perth but then you'll have to compromise on Salary things.

A lot of people who like to be in Gold Coast region, have decided to live somewhere between Brisbane and Gold Coast and that seems to be a wise decision as you'll have a chance to cover the both Job Markets, Brisbane as well as GC.

However, you must keep in my mind that the traffic situation on Pacific Highway is only getting worse day by day and in peak hours you need atleast 45 to 60 minutes extra (on top of the normal 50 minutes of commuting) to reach Brisbane CBD from GC.

But then, someone might say that these problems are not unique to Brisbane only they are the same in almost every big city
Hi Janet could you update spreadsheet for us, arrived 26th and NO agent.

Thanks Andy
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

LiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really nice

Hi Andy - I've updated the spreadsheet. Good that its arrived safe and sound. Just sit back and wait now
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

There are a few new Marchies that were hanging out on another thread - have added them to the spreadsheet and told to introduce themselves on this thread

Janet X
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

I'm one of those from the other thread!
Hello to all other Marchies, I kissed our pack of today and left it in the safe (?) hands of the DHL driver.
We're Sian, Simon and Harry (3), off to Victoria (prob Melbourne) on a STNI137.
So the waiting begins...............
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Hi! We are heading to melbourne and we have George who will be 3 july. I am on a 137 visa too..not many of us about!! what do you do? Tracey (the howellers).x
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Whoops! taht was aimed at sianystar! I cant work computers out! I normally leave it to the oh!x
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road

Just out of interest what is a 137 visa??
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PARKES
Just out of interest what is a 137 visa??
Hi! 137stni is similar to a 136 but is state sponsored (but no guarantee of getting a visa still!!) it just means the victorian goverment are actively looking for people will certain jobs on demand (im a hairdresser), but it means you have to stay in that state for at least 2 years (which is fine if you like it, and a bit poo if you dont!) if you move they can deport you!
we hope that this will give us more brownie points even though they say it does'nt! Tracey.x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.