March Applicants

Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:27 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
WOOOOHHOOOOOO!!

Well done to you both!! soo pleased for you.. about time too... the others will be here before we know it now..

si told me you said hi last nite, so hi right back at cha both... Well done again.. S-j xx
cheers for that evry body.

Hey SJ you and Si must be some sort of lucky charm........cos last time i spoke to you you got your VISA and i spoke to Si last nite and i got Ack this morning.

Will not have to speak to each other for a few weeks and maybe just maybe we might get the VISA
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Congrats to all that have had their ack's, that's one less thing yer waiting for.
Christina x
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:49 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Hi, to those who know us!

We've not been on for a while as we've been spending some quality time with friends and family- making the most of this last year in the UK.

We're still waiting on a passprt number from the UK passport office so we wont be going green yet.

We've had a shock today - - we put our house on the market on tuesday but didnt put the sign up as we're in no hurry (we dont wont to leave until jan 08). on thursday we had a viewing and today they returned for a second viewing and put a brill offer in!! We don't know what to do as we weren't expecting it. We said we'd think about it over the weekend but

We do have another house which we rent out that we may have to move into but didn't really want to.

Our daughter also has to start a new secondary school for 1 term, which is crap for her but we dont have much choice at least she's with her friends.

We've sold 1 car and are managing with 1 between us. We have alot of messing about still to do - crap, but hey ho it will be worth it when we're sitting by our pool sipping wine

Bring it on!!!!!

S & S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Congratulations on the offer I would snap their hands off if I were you I want ours on the market by August but I am worried that with all the interest rated that the market may have cooled.

Will have to wait and see.

Kaye
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Congratulations on the offer I would snap their hands off if I were you I want ours on the market by August but I am worried that with all the interest rated that the market may have cooled.

Will have to wait and see.

Kaye

kaye, get it up as soon as you can! No think you should as you never know how long it will take, can happen really quickly too (We sold to friends over a BBQ without even putting on market!) See how you go.....

Sam and Stu, nice one chums!! It's a relief once it's gone (the mortgage!) get it all sorted and it's behind you..........

I dont know what you mean about expats taking up your time.... i'm still managing to have 'quality time' with my mates and family (through webcam MSN!) gettin the practice in for Oz... No, on the lappy everyday as trying to sort everything out for Oz and doing lots of research as still not defo on plans yet... looks like Bris to start then move up to Sunshine ........... Si wants to play safe with work in the city, i think he's being a drama queen myself as he'll get work no problem as long as he's licenced.... men eh? Well good luck on the sale of the house, hope it goes smoothly.... S-j n Si x
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Wardy and S-j!
we've talked and your right we'd be stupid not to accept the offer, we loose a few grand because of an early redemption fee on mortgage but in the grand scale of things its not really worth holding on till december for.

You must be getting all sorted then s-j?

After a FANTASTIC weekend away in Newquay last weekend, we made up our minds that where ever we live it has to be a short drive to nice beach. Gold Coast may be a more serious option now. We were on Fistral beach in newquay on a beautiful day and folk had their surf boards and others were just chillin with wine and stuff and it was ace! I want some of that life style in aus, with a beach that wipes the floor with fistral

We will have a look at sunshine too but there seems to be alot at gold coast for a budding teenager!

But i've said that and we'll poss change our minds another 10 times before our master plan goes into action

Get that house sorted and on the market Wardy, when are you planning on leaving?

S & S xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:34 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

We discussed the house this morning we have decided to have it on market by August, he houses around here are all edwardian terraces and seem to move pretty quickly, being only a couple of miles outside Newcastle, we seem to be an estate agents dream, we often get letters through our door asking us if we will sell our house, so without getting too optimistic, fingers crossed we should be ok.

We are hoping to be there for start of new Oz school year, could be there earlier but have promised the kids they can play half a football season here.

We are planning on going to South Brisbane has everything we are looking for, worried about house prices though. Cairns is a real possibilty houses are fantastic and a lot beter priced. I know it gets hot up there and humid but once acclimatised, have experienced living in a hot country before so I kind of know what to expect.

We are really confused as to what to do didnt really want to get into the big mortgage thing hoped to be as mortgage free as possible.

Also unsure of the job situation up in Cairns, OH works on large projects such as schools, hotels, shopping centre putting in ventilation, air con etc I wish he did domestic air con jobs are advertised more readily, gives you a better idea of what to expect.

Decisions Decisions

Ps S & S Spent 2 weeks in Newquay it was fantastic makes you realise what you are missing living in a city.

Kaye
Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

We are planning on going to South Brisbane has everything we are looking for, worried about house prices though. Cairns is a real possibilty houses are fantastic and a lot beter priced. I know it gets hot up there and humid but once acclimatised, have experienced living in a hot country before so I kind of know what to expect.

We are really confused as to what to do didnt really want to get into the big mortgage thing hoped to be as mortgage free as possible.

Also unsure of the job situation up in Cairns, OH works on large projects such as schools, hotels, shopping centre putting in ventilation, air con etc I wish he did domestic air con jobs are advertised more readily, gives you a better idea of what to expect.

Decisions Decisions

Ps S & S Spent 2 weeks in Newquay it was fantastic makes you realise what you are missing living in a city.

Kaye[/QUOTE]

A lot of people seem to be considering cairns now we've noticed. We loved it but like you say its the job side of things, although, i work in childcare and children are everywhere so i would have thought i'd be ok. OH is going to see what takes his fancy, so he's open minded - he might even re-train. We are in similar position - wanting as little mortgage as poss, but we've noticed prices are slowly creeping up around brisbane

Newquay is brill isn't it? it's quite unbelievable that the sea can be that beautiful in this country. We went with another couple (mum had daughter) and we had one of the best times ever, the night life is fantastic. We've got to go back with friends 1 more time before we leave!

It was just good to know that we would be experiencing that kind of lifestyle when we get to aus.

Spk soon

S &S xxxxxx
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Decisions Decisions

Kaye

A lot of people seem to be considering cairns now we've noticed. We loved it but like you say its the job side of things, although, i work in childcare and children are everywhere so i would have thought i'd be ok. OH is going to see what takes his fancy, so he's open minded - he might even re-train. We are in similar position - wanting as little mortgage as poss, but we've noticed prices are slowly creeping up around brisbane

Newquay is brill isn't it? it's quite unbelievable that the sea can be that beautiful in this country. We went with another couple (mum had daughter) and we had one of the best times ever, the night life is fantastic. We've got to go back with friends 1 more time before we leave!

It was just good to know that we would be experiencing that kind of lifestyle when we get to aus.

Spk soon

S &S xxxxxx[/quote]

I remember that lifestyle when we just had Abi, we were out every weekend!!! AHHHH those were the days!!! A lot harder now with 4 and with the boys so young the offers dont come in very often. jsut booked the hotel for Amsterdam end of july, our first break away since over a year ago (yes i know what your thinking!!)

Really getting excited now and defo want to live on Sunshine... Si can get work there but he thinks the cash will be better in the city.... i told him to get his ass in the mines!! work for 6 months and have 6 mths off!!

He can get a lot of work in Cairns too, but think it will be a bit too much initially, who knows for the future though... ?? At least it will be too hot for the MIL!!

S-j xx
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:47 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Smile Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by wardy2
We are trying to choose at the moment Cairns or Brisbane currently 60-40 in favour of Brisbane only because we are unsure of job opportunites.....
We have looked at the possiblity of starting in Cairns and working our way down to Brisbane and seeing which suits us best, we have decided to take a small amount out of housing fund to allow us to do that.
Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi Wardy 2 we are heading to cairns too we are from durham, had medicals at Newcastle about 3 weeks ago now do you have children we have 2 aged 12 and 15 eldest has just left school.
Originally Posted by lizzydripping
Hi there,
We are seriously considering going out for a reccie to look at houses, ....

Also unsure of the job situation up in Cairns
Decisions Decisions
A lot of people seem to be considering cairns now we've noticed. We loved it but like you say its the job side of things,.....
O wow, I see we are not the only ones wrestling with this decision. And you all seem to echo the same concerns we have,

Anyhows, just to say hi to ya all, from Me, OH and 2 kids(10 & 9)
Hopefully will see some of you there.

Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Just got back from having xrays done meds next week. Its all getting a bit real now that we are on the final stage! Cant wait! Just got to put the house on the market now but keeping it clean n tidy with 3 boys n the dog will be the hard part. Might not be able to go till feb with OH work is anybody else renting over here before you go?

Lorna
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleV will become famous soon enoughMichelleV will become famous soon enough

Anyone got any news today?????????????
We're STILL waiting thought we might've heard something of our acknowledgement by now, checking e-mails is becoming soooooooooo addictive, got our pcc's waiting to go, is it right that you need to have a file number to e-mail them or is a receipt number sufficient, somebody please help, the suspense is killing me .
michelle x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:51 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

Originally Posted by MichelleV
Anyone got any news today?????????????
We're STILL waiting thought we might've heard something of our acknowledgement by now, checking e-mails is becoming soooooooooo addictive, got our pcc's waiting to go, is it right that you need to have a file number to e-mail them or is a receipt number sufficient, somebody please help, the suspense is killing me .
michelle x
If you can get hold of a scanner I recommend you scan them in and send them to the email address you'll get in your ack'. (When it arrives, and it will)

Sending scanned doc's seems to be so much quicker. I sent mine in .jpg format. (As a picture) via my google account. some email servers have size limits.

Good luck,
l
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi guys,
No news today then??

Well, we've had some good news - we've sold our house 3 days after putting it on the market!!!! Although we're chuffed as chips we know its not real till we get the money in the bank. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn't fall through

Lets see what tomorrow brings for all you marchies

S x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

well done sammy thats greats news, congtrats, lets hope its all plain sailing from now eh

Dawn x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:08 am
Just Joined

MarkandAmy has a brilliant futureMarkandAmy has a brilliant futureMarkandAmy has a brilliant futureMarkandAmy has a brilliant futureMarkandAmy has a brilliant futureMarkandAmy has a brilliant future

We have finally got our acknowlegement today

Thought they had forgotten about us!

One little step closer to making our dreams come true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.