March Applicants

Old May 11th 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: March Applicants 2007

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Bloody hell! Never met anyone else from Rockfield on here!!

I'm a Wyesham girl myself.

What age group are you? May well know either you or your family? I'm 36 (feeling old!)
I'm another old Monmothian (and a Wyesham one to boot!)
We've been in Melbourne for 6 days and loving it so far!!
Old May 11th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sianystar
well come on cough up the info
age? name? etc we might know you or your family.
wyesham 2 rockfield 1
im going to have to source some other rockfield people in australia
im out numbered
Teryna
Old May 11th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bundybell
well come on cough up the info
age? name? etc we might know you or your family.
wyesham 2 rockfield 1
im going to have to source some other rockfield people in australia
im out numbered
Teryna
Its me, Sian from the Marchies Thread!!
Glad to see you've settled in well. We're getting there slowly. We've secured a rental and bought a are, so far so good!
Old May 13th 2008, 1:58 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundybell
great news WV where is the business?
Glad youve seen s-j how come shes not on BE anymore. too busy i bet?
Hope you like fraser island weve been there had an ace time.
Teryna
I'm sre I told you ages ago that her lappy was kaput? But she's alright.

Check out www.countryroadsgayndah.com

It's in Gayndah which is about 2.5 hrs from you.

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Hiya Wv, sound slike your getting sorted...........we have settled amazingly well its great i started work last monday and i am loving it woohoo result.

TC guys xx

wicked, glad to hear that job is ok, how are all the kids settling in though?

Originally Posted by Sianystar
Well done to you too. It only get s better.

I've torn a bloody ligament though, just been for an x-ray, luckily it was only that I suppose, gonna get some physio later today. Gutted we were gonna hire a fishing boat today as well
Old May 13th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by welshviking
I'm sre I told you ages ago that her lappy was kaput? But she's alright.

Check out www.countryroadsgayndah.com

It's in Gayndah which is about 2.5 hrs from you.

wicked, glad to hear that job is ok, how are all the kids settling in though?

Well done to you too. It only get s better.

I've torn a bloody ligament though, just been for an x-ray, luckily it was only that I suppose, gonna get some physio later today. Gutted we were gonna hire a fishing boat today as well
yippe not to far away for a visit
will check out website later off to hervey bay shopping now
byeee
Teryna
Old May 13th 2008, 10:31 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

WV what have you been upto? which ligament? hope its not too sore. x

Teenage daughter has pushed us over the edge im afraid...im going to start a thread to ask for advice cos were stumped...
we all love it here but we actually discussed leaving last night - as she cant stay (none of us can) if koh isnt here..drastic measures but were at that stage now.
Old May 14th 2008, 2:11 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic

Teenage daughter has pushed us over the edge im afraid...im going to start a thread to ask for advice cos were stumped...
we all love it here but we actually discussed leaving last night - as she cant stay (none of us can) if koh isnt here..drastic measures but were at that stage now.
Oh bloody hell.

Nightmare, definitely start a thread, there seems to be tonnes of people who've had problems with teenagers.

Let us know what happens, why can't she stay exactly? Just because she doesn't like it? It hasn't even been a month though has it.

Hopefully she'll get into something soon and change her mind.

I've since found out it's not a ligament, it's the ham strings and the point where they attach to the knee, it'll be ok in a couple of weeks i'm sure.

Anyway the main man has gone to get us a boat, so i'll be rolling on like a beached whale.

xxx
Old May 14th 2008, 2:18 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the hamstring warm...and moving. = gently.

She loves it here...shes living the dream, out when she wants, does as she pleases, doesnt care who she upsets in the process...

Enjoy the boat - you lucky thing xxx
Oh bloody hell.

Nightmare, definitely start a thread, there seems to be tonnes of people who've had problems with teenagers.

Let us know what happens, why can't she stay exactly? Just because she doesn't like it? It hasn't even been a month though has it.

Hopefully she'll get into something soon and change her mind.

I've since found out it's not a ligament, it's the ham strings and the point where they attach to the knee, it'll be ok in a couple of weeks i'm sure.

Anyway the main man has gone to get us a boat, so i'll be rolling on like a beached whale.

xxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:31 am
live free or die

Hi guys

We're in Cairns if anyone would like to meet up, we'll be here for at least a week, possible longer.

Estxxxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:56 am
Just Joined

opotiki58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katsmajic

Hi there

My two Martin 19 and Melissa 14 absolutely love it here, they have fitted in so well, why dosnt she like it, is it any things specific, how old is she, how awful for you xxxxxx Nadine
Old May 24th 2008, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Hi

HAPPY DAYS here in Norfolk

Just thought I would let you all know that we have accepted an offer on our house today, subject to survey. The guy was trying to negotiate with me before he had even left the house as he liked it that much. All going well and everything going to plan we may be in Oz for the end of August.
Old May 24th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bloody hell.

xxx
OMG!! i fell off the kerb coming out of a water park about 6 weeks ago and did a reet good sprain!! Ankle was as black as black could be only just really got it right again.
Then t'other week a went for an early morning run and tripped up again (just scratches and bruises though this time!)

I think when us guys are on the bottom of the world we are accident prone
Anyway, i hope it gets better soon!
xx

Originally Posted by rosebee
Hi

HAPPY DAYS here in Norfolk

Just thought I would let you all know that we have accepted an offer on our house today, subject to survey. The guy was trying to negotiate with me before he had even left the house as he liked it that much. All going well and everything going to plan we may be in Oz for the end of August.

Wow!! i really pleased for you guys i know how fed up you were a few months back and i know how it felt!
So good luck guys

xxxx

We are living in Northern Gold Coast at the moment and loving it!

We've both (just) got ourselves decent jobs money isn't amazing but only a couple of thousand different to what we were earning in the UK!!! So we're happy!

We've bought a house in Varsity Lakes which we move into in August. We love Burliegh Heads, Coolangata and Rainbow Bay and Varsity is a good location for us. Can't wait!!

We've met a good bunch of friends off this forum - We meet up and eat food and drink wine and they're wicked!!!

So, we are happy Infact, yesterday i had one of my 'i wouldn't want to be anywhere else' moments looking down from the hill onto Burliegh Heads beach!! - Love it!

Sam xxxxx
Old May 25th 2008, 2:17 am
broken but got a visa! :

Hi All,
hows it going for everyone?

Ive been on wineries tour in the barrossa valley - its amazing! lots and lots of lovely wines to sample - some kak too...

Daughter has moved out - very nice and quiet now.

Everyone is happy and settled, koh took lil uns fishing yesterday - didnt catch owt but all enjoyed it.
Going off walking around the Onkaparinga Reserve today - hopefully to see some wild roo's and koalas...
Old May 25th 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

Well we finally saw the house sale complete on 24th april, stayed with my mum and dad for 3 days then with some friends down south for another few days and flew out on 30th april from heathrow with singapore airlines, flight wasnt packed so the lovely peeps on the desk sat us across two rows with extra seats between us so we had extra room, which was really nice of em, no such luck tho on the leg from singapore to adelaide as flight was packed, but by this time we was all excited i dont think we would hav slept much, anyway landed in adelaide to rain grabbed a taxi to brighton caravan park which we had booked for two weeks while we sorted a rental. Didnt do much that first day we was all shattered, managed to stay awake tho til bout 9ish then we all fell into bed, jetlag got hold of us for a few days but wasnt too bad and soon got over it.
Did all the medicare, driving licence etc in first week, bought a car so we could get about to look at rentals, we had innitially wanted to settle in seaford but after being in the caravan park decided we liked that area too, so for a week we hunted for a decent rental but couldnt find anything suitable,either nice house but no garden or horrid house and huge garden so we went back to our original plan and headed down south towards seaford and found a 4 bed to rent and we glad we decided to head this way, kids are in school, girls in seaford primary and eldest is at seaford 6-12 and they all seem to be enjoying it,molly made me laff came home in the week raving about how she fed the chucks at school.

We furnished the house with all the basics we need to get on with for now, its a struggle sometimes not having summat at hand we had back in the uk, but we are managing and happy to do so until we can afford otherwise

Me ive been off work for 5 weeks now got a week left of my leave then back to work, andy is waiting to get on the june course at peer to gain his licence, hes emailed a few people bout work, had one reply so waiting to see if owt comes of that, i think he will have more joy once hes got his license but he saying he aint gonna give up trying, just got the advertiser yesterday and loads electricians jobs in and hes emailed em all his cv, so hopefully wont be long before hes working.We didnt come with huge amounts of money and not a lot left after setting everything up but we paid up 3 months rent on the rental simply so we knew we had those 3 months for andy to find work, once im back in work we can pay the other bills and feed the kids with my wage, so we lucky in that sense but he really wants to get back to work so im hoping he gets summat soon, he saw a job advertised the first week we was here for a chicken chaser and now everytime he thinks of work or emails and gets no reply he says " nevermind i'll get a job as a chicken chaser"

We have been down the beach a few times, molly summed it up for me walking along the esplanade, she said, "mummy i cant believe we are living here, it feels like a dream" its still early days and things can change, but yesterday andy said to me "can u ever see us going back to the uk" and i know 4 weeks isnt long but we both agreed for now we cant see that happening we love it here so far

I turned 40 yesterday, had a lovely day, obviously missed family etc but we had a barbie and andy and kids made it special, and made me think of when we first started this journey i said id be happy to be spending my 40th birthday in oz and we made it and sure glad we did

We have got a puppy now too, kids adore him, we had promised em they could have one when we arrived so we got him to help em settle and i think hes helped enormously

Well while i been sat writing this one of the companies who andy emailed had just called him, sounds promising from what i can hear, so looks like he might have job sooner than we thought

right gonna get off, kids wanna go out on their bikes so gonna go for a ride along the esplanade with em

Hope everyone else is enjoying things as much as us and those still not here keep at it, will all be worth it in the end

Dawn xx
Old May 25th 2008, 5:17 am
live free or die

Well there's a nice change to hear a bit of good news from people!!

Well done everybody, keep having a brill time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.