March Applicants

Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by suesk
Tell them the airline has changed your flight times

Suexx
Believe me I tried that one, but my sister said she would just sit at the airport all day!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:04 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Hi guys not been here for a while so much to do and so little time to do it in.

Its 4 weeks today that we leave on the A380 , the very same one that is due to land at Heathrow later on this afternoon.

Its bloody hot out in Adelaide right now i have asked our friends to bottle some of it up for us so we can have a lil bit of it when we get there.

We went to Devon over the weekend and the weather was pretty crap, just help cement the thoughts that what we are doing is sooo the right thing to do

Hope you are all ok guys.

KOH
AND WE ARE!!!!!

is it the 11.55am flight?

guys i'm having a right nightmare at the mo, everything has turned to poo!!!!

my grandad had 2 more heart attacks yest, I can't even go home cos i don't have a passport, it's off getting my new married name put on a new one (yes I do have to inform immigration),....if I have to go back for the worst eventuality i'll have to book very last min and pay a bomb... which may mean canceling the flights we just payed for to see K's granny.... plus there's a major issue (which i can't go into details) with my sister..... just had my friend and her baby here for 2 days, soon as they left i just wanted to burst into tears...

sigh....it's like you try so hard for months to fit everything and at the last minute it goes tits up...

well 4 weeks 2day!!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by welshviking
AND WE ARE!!!!!

my grandad had 2 more heart attacks yest, I can't even go home cos i don't have a passport, it's off getting my new married name put on a new one (yes I do have to inform immigration),....if I have to go back for the worst eventuality i'll have to book very last min and pay a bomb... which may mean canceling the flights we just payed for to see K's granny.... plus there's a major issue (which i can't go into details) with my sister..... just had my friend and her baby here for 2 days, soon as they left i just wanted to burst into tears...

sigh....it's like you try so hard for months to fit everything and at the last minute it goes tits up...

well 4 weeks 2day!!!!!
Keep your chin up chick, if the remaining weeks get difficult you WILL get through it, and the time will go real quick.
Remember everyone has to endure a whirlwind to reach Oz!
xx
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:20 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sianystar
Keep your chin up chick, if the remaining weeks get difficult you WILL get through it, and the time will go real quick.
Remember everyone has to endure a whirlwind to reach Oz!
xx
Yeah I know, but I thought we'd already done our whirlwind!!!

xxx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Believe me I tried that one, but my sister said she would just sit at the airport all day!
My sister wanted to that told her i didnt want the kids upset anymore than they need to be. She cahnged her mind when i said this we had to think of the kids i told her it wasnt going to change things and would only prelong the pain of saying goodbye and believe you me it will hurt.
my nephew broke his heart crying when we left his home he is 16 and i didnt give my nephews a thought when i was thinking who would be upset, it really upset me and my 19yr and 22 yr olds
Try to appeal to her better nature
hope it works
Teryna
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Yeah I know, but I thought we'd already done our whirlwind!!!

xxx
O no it turns into a cyclone im sorry to say hang on in there

Teryna
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:37 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you're doing the right thing!
Know what you mean bout the weather, its rubbish. I'm off to Devon this weekend, looks like it might just about stay dry, but bloody cold.
You must be so excited bout the A380, the start of your journey will be ace.
We've now got loads of people coming to the airport. Not what I wanted at all but my sister has said she's coming if we like it or not, so OH parents have decided they're gonna come too.
So much for leaving in a nice relaxed manner.
We have banned any family members from being at the airport its going to be hard enough at the leaving parties.
Oh well excited about the A380 especially as i made some parts for the landing gear on the plane.

AND WE ARE!!!!!

well 4 weeks 2day!!!!!

What you saying WV ?

Your on the A380 on the 15th April outta Heathrow?

Aww hun goona send you some Karma

Just hang on in there.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:40 pm
live free or die

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
We have banned any family members from being at the airport its going to be hard enough at the leaving parties.
Oh well excited about the A380 especially as i made some parts for the landing gear on the plane.

What you saying WV ?

Your on the A380 on the 15th April outta Heathrow?

Aww hun goona send you some Karma

Just hang on in there.
We are, oh my god, we can all sit and talk aircraft stuff, the hubster wil be creaming himself.

There's a vid on the bbc site that gives you a tour of it, we watched it loadsa times last night, and i'm nearly afraid to say it but....I'm quite looking forward to this flight, or at least I think it will be ok (look at me S-j!)

We're staying in the Sheraton the night before, that was a fluke too, you know you can book a "surprise hotel" for cheap...well I thought screw it lets take a chance and it turned out to be the Sheraton!!!

So my parents will take us there, maybe stay for food or drinks and then head back.

On a downside, someone on another thread mentioned this morn that if you have a stopover at Sing they can be awkward letting you back on with the extra luggage......so I emailed Singair saying I wanted it in writing that they had already told me.....and then I thought but hang on, the visa is still unvalidated? we'lll see

Mines a Bow KOH!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:47 pm
live free or die

In case I just panicked some of you I just received this

Dear Mrs Welshviking,

Thank you for your email.

With reference to your email, please note that I have documented into your reservation details that you are first time user of Migrant Visa. You will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in for all your flights.

Hope this helps your concern.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines. We look forward to serve you.

Regards
John
SIA UK
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:25 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

In case I just panicked some of you I just received this

Dear Mrs Welshviking,

Thank you for your email.

With reference to your email, please note that I have documented into your reservation details that you are first time user of Migrant Visa. You will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in for all your flights.

Hope this helps your concern.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines. We look forward to serve you.

Regards
John
SIA UK
but they do not like you stoppin overnite with the 40kg baggage allowance, you better give SAS a ring and check it would cost you a bloody fortune tp pay the escess.
We have got 11 hrs in Changi befoire we fly onto Adelaide.

gonna be well weird being on plane with someone off here. woohoo.

I apologise for my kids now before we get on the flight.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

hya all, dont worry w,v it will all come together at the end, we didnt even have someone to take us to the airport so we ended up hiring a car and getting charged to leave it at the airport, but it did give us time to run around and see people the night before though. S-J stayed overnight at singapore with them having 40kg of lugguge. if you go onto the singapore airlines website you can print off a letter saying you are allowed to do this with an unused visa , we took this to the desk and they didnt even want to see it at heathrow, but they did charge us as a (back hander) £250 instead of £500 for being over our weight limit still !!! the guy at the desk said you can slip me this amount, pay the full £500 or pay a lesser charge and get the extra sent by air and it takes an extra 5 days for you to get it
cant believe it he must do it to everyone.we were about 30kg over our already given 40kg each !! for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Sam, wait till you do drive here, at first it's weird to understand their filter light system , both me and andy have gone to go at a traffic light junction realising only last second we should have waited, but you get used to it all, and the fact that everyone just thinks they can cut you up or not bother to use indicators or drive up your arse like your doing something wrong but it's just them being an ass.
glad rhiannon is liking it here, Drew loves it that much that we can bribe her by saying if she dont behave she can go back to england and it works
she loves school and has loads of mates, i only had to take her for the first week and then she went with her mates and uses her bike, so thats great,kody is in kindy and loves it ,she's only there for 1 day per week as they haven't any more spare days for her yet in her room, but it gives me a break and her some social time . you'll have to pm me as my sis has just got her qualifications back for her childcare and apparently for a co-ordinator you are only allowed to do after school, but she also has assisitant and group leader on there so she is fine but will let you know more.

kels x
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
hya all, dont worry w,v it will all come together at the end, we didnt even have someone to take us to the airport so we ended up hiring a car and getting charged to leave it at the airport, but it did give us time to run around and see people the night before though. S-J stayed overnight at singapore with them having 40kg of lugguge. if you go onto the singapore airlines website you can print off a letter saying you are allowed to do this with an unused visa , we took this to the desk and they didnt even want to see it at heathrow, but they did charge us as a (back hander) £250 instead of £500 for being over our weight limit still !!! the guy at the desk said you can slip me this amount, pay the full £500 or pay a lesser charge and get the extra sent by air and it takes an extra 5 days for you to get it
cant believe it he must do it to everyone.we were about 30kg over our already given 40kg each !! for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Sam, wait till you do drive here, at first it's weird to understand their filter light system , both me and andy have gone to go at a traffic light junction realising only last second we should have waited, but you get used to it all, and the fact that everyone just thinks they can cut you up or not bother to use indicators or drive up your arse like your doing something wrong but it's just them being an ass.
glad rhiannon is liking it here, Drew loves it that much that we can bribe her by saying if she dont behave she can go back to england and it works
she loves school and has loads of mates, i only had to take her for the first week and then she went with her mates and uses her bike, so thats great,kody is in kindy and loves it ,she's only there for 1 day per week as they haven't any more spare days for her yet in her room, but it gives me a break and her some social time . you'll have to pm me as my sis has just got her qualifications back for her childcare and apparently for a co-ordinator you are only allowed to do after school, but she also has assisitant and group leader on there so she is fine but will let you know more.

kels x
i can't believe that cheeky so and so at heathrow!!

I've been driving since last thurs, up to brissie and down to goldie, so fr it's been fine, but they are long fast roads with very little traffic lights.

Although i got in through the Child care coordinator, i wont actually be working as one. All my quals are on the recognised QLD overseas accepted quals list and i'm having them assessed so that i can work as a group leader and director. i may even do my aus teacher training year and teach, i'll see but any info you find out let me know

Went to coolangata the other day...wow!!

We might head up to sunshine coast for a hol tomorrow, we've just got to secure a rental first.

Lovin it at the mo

xxxx
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sammyg
i can't believe that cheeky so and so at heathrow!!

I've been driving since last thurs, up to brissie and down to goldie, so fr it's been fine, but they are long fast roads with very little traffic lights.

Although i got in through the Child care coordinator, i wont actually be working as one. All my quals are on the recognised QLD overseas accepted quals list and i'm having them assessed so that i can work as a group leader and director. i may even do my aus teacher training year and teach, i'll see but any info you find out let me know

Went to coolangata the other day...wow!!

We might head up to sunshine coast for a hol tomorrow, we've just got to secure a rental first.

Lovin it at the mo

xxxx
Hi All
just popped on to see how everyone is and to tell you all about my day a Fraser Island well worth a visit!
we boat tripped over from Hervey Bay then got on a big 4wheel drive bus which took us through the islandrain forests
we stoped at a fresh water lake had a swim then on to an all you can eat buffet then on to a fresh water stream for another swim the water was sooo warm and soft it was right by the beach too.
we visited an aboriginel sacred ' womens 'site and a ship wreck then headed back across the island on some very ruff pot holed roads stopped for afternoon tea in the rain forest then back for the boat trip back to hervey bay. Excellent day the driver guide was full of historical info that he talked about while driving oh and i forgot to say we even got to see 2 young dingoes ace well worth the $145
Just off water ski-ing now
Byeee
Teryna
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:24 am
live free or die

Holy crap

I'M PACKING MY CASE!!!!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:52 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Well ive managed to stuff 4 cases so far, weighing in at about 20k each - we need so many kids for the excess baggage, id never fit in all my clothes otherwise

got to get some more cases later - was going to matalan, then friend told us to try freecycle - got 3 replys...lets hope theyre up to the one way trip..

saw the consultant today - not great news, but getting used to that now. am going to get a big jar/bottle - like the old whiskey bottles - and start saving my 'cents' (pennies) ready for my new knee. should have 5 years or so.

WV cant believe we'll be on same flight..(limp with me n we might get up grade )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.