March Applicants

Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by welshviking
Guys, may be a stooooopid question,

but do we take all our bags off at Singapore, or is it like a normal transfer flight where they automatically put them on the next plane. We're there for 2 days though.
hey!

Now i have often wondered that myself...will be interesting to see tha answer!

Dan and Steph
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Yep sounds like you have made the right decision. I thought she was younger than Yr 10. good that you are there at school for her too. x Have a nice time hon xxx

Nice one hon!!! SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! We are at Coffs Harbour for Easter.. Bought all the camping gear!!! 6hr drive from here, will be taking MIL & FIL with us.. So nice to have them here. Kids are lovin it!

Been in the Ocean for 3hrs today!! Wicked time, swam, floated & tried to bodysurf again. Failed miserably! Got a nice tan though

Good on ya Nadine! Bet you love it at last! Really pleased for you chick, enjoy! xxx

Well here's to a good weekend, off surfing with Simon in the morning! He's bought a new board & all the kit. its really nice & he loves it. I'm gonna have a go too, wish me luck.

S-j xx
Hi S-J,
I love hearing your post life seems so much fun for you over here. Wish i could say the same for us. Hubby still not got perminant job just doing bit of labouring daughter enjoying her job though and my poor son still no apprenticeship for him.Job prospects for the young not that good in Bundaberg i feel. Im the only one out everyday working at the moment!!
we cant start our build till hubby working rental has loads of sand flies stuck here till june!! although enjoying the relaxed way of life im still not feeling settled. private heaalthcare working is very very different to UK dont really like it but im stuck as im the only bread winner. Seems like you picked the better area to live any good hospitals there?
On a brighter note Wales won the rugby yahoo triple crown and six nations great they would do it when we are not in cardiff to celebrate a?
O well best go im working again today
Teryna

PS and to top it all daughter boyfriend and brother arrives tuesday could make both my children want to go back to Uk
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bundybell
Hi S-J,
I love hearing your post life seems so much fun for you over here. Wish i could say the same for us. Hubby still not got perminant job just doing bit of labouring daughter enjoying her job though and my poor son still no apprenticeship for him.Job prospects for the young not that good in Bundaberg i feel. Im the only one out everyday working at the moment!!
we cant start our build till hubby working rental has loads of sand flies stuck here till june!! although enjoying the relaxed way of life im still not feeling settled. private heaalthcare working is very very different to UK dont really like it but im stuck as im the only bread winner. Seems like you picked the better area to live any good hospitals there?
On a brighter note Wales won the rugby yahoo triple crown and six nations great they would do it when we are not in cardiff to celebrate a?
Teryna

PS and to top it all daughter boyfriend and brother arrives tuesday could make both my children want to go back to Uk
GRAND SLAM YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I BEEN OUT ALL ARVO JUST GOT IN WOT A FAB LAST SATURDAY IN WALES

Suexx
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

Well Done on the house sale W,V , my god you've got some travelling to do, hope it all goes well, im not sure about the transfer of bags but s-j stayed for a night in singapore, so she may know ?

S-J so glad it's all going good for you with the in-laws, sounds like your really enjoying it , let us know how you get on with the surfboard

kels x
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

Originally Posted by bundybell
Hi S-J,
Teryna

chin up girl, everything wont come at once it's gonna take time, it'll take at least a year to get where your REALLY happy with everything, it is gonna be hard and you wont feel settled until everything starts coming together. you'll hopefully look back and wont remember how you feel at the minute. like you say you are enjoying the lifestyle just need to wait til you have everything else in order, and remember how each other feels is gonna rub off on the rest of the family, so dont feel down look at the positives if only the fact that you all got here , i really dont enjoy the rental we are in , like you we are here until june, but i suppose i could have had worse

kels x
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
chin up girl, everything wont come at once it's gonna take time, it'll take at least a year to get where your REALLY happy with everything, it is gonna be hard and you wont feel settled until everything starts coming together. you'll hopefully look back and wont remember how you feel at the minute. like you say you are enjoying the lifestyle just need to wait til you have everything else in order, and remember how each other feels is gonna rub off on the rest of the family, so dont feel down look at the positives if only the fact that you all got here , i really dont enjoy the rental we are in , like you we are here until june, but i suppose i could have had worse

kels x
Thanks Kels for your kind words. I was just feeling a bit low i think yesterday. I know rRchard will get his apprenticship soon and hubby will get work its all normal i think 3mths is average time for partners to get work out here im too impatient thats my trouble.Ive decided to ask if i can try working in another area in the hospital im at then if im still not happy i will try to get a job at the Base hospital so alls good really.Im missing my work mates like crazy though didnt think i would. O well best go im on a late today of to see the bank manager to arrange a mortgage and some food shopping as we have two visitors fromuk arriving tomorrow.
thanks again
Teryna
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:07 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done on the house sale W,V , my god you've got some travelling to do, hope it all goes well, im not sure about the transfer of bags but s-j stayed for a night in singapore, so she may know ?
kels x
to top it all off , we now have to fly to olso to visit his granny, as she won't come to his mams for easter, I really could have done with out it, and money wise

Do you think it'll be ok if we leave the day after the packers, or will there be too much to do? I thought I could get a load of mates over that night to help clean, and whatever furnitures loeft will be going ot the dump the next day when we leave along with the car, then we fly in the evening....

Cracking weekend of rugby!!!! I'll get some pics up soon we had a rugby party and made it to town in time for the welsh game, didn't want to leave knowing it was our last saturday night out, got my friend and her baby visiting for two days, aww making me all brooody!!

hope everyones getting on with stuff, stressful or not, hope to see some of you soon too

esxxx
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys -long time, no see from us!!

Well done to WV on the house sale!!

We have been here since thursday and we are just taking things in our stride at the mo!
We are loving our SIL's pool, it's really long and every morning we go for a few lengths and a splash around.
We've ben doing plenty of eating out and so far it's been lovely food at good prices. We've been food shopping and TBH we've found fruit and veg shops/butchers are reasonable.
It's our turn to cook tea tonight and we're making fajitas
We've been driving round A LOT!!....so far we like gold coast the most. We've been checking out the surf clubs along the beach - cheap food/beer/wine we were a little disappointed with Brissie, it's very nice but not where we wnt to live.
Today we're off to redcliffe and around there.
We bought a mondeo yesterday and now we are just looking for the right place to live....could take a long time

spk soon
Sam stu and rhi
xxxx
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

i agree with you sam, goldcoast is lovely, we have been down quite a few times now and driven about too ,
we are heading down to dreamworld this weekend, as andy has got the next week off work, so gonna try to fit in loads of stuff for the kids over this easter weekend. unfortunatly the kids are not off for easter yet so gonna be going away for the weekend when they are as andy has a few hols saved up to use
glad your enjoying yourselfs, what do you think about the driving here ? bit crazy aint they
what does rhiannon think of it all ?
get some pics up when you can.

kels x
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

SpeedyJon is just really niceSpeedyJon is just really niceSpeedyJon is just really niceSpeedyJon is just really niceSpeedyJon is just really niceSpeedyJon is just really niceSpeedyJon is just really niceSpeedyJon is just really nice

Hi all.

Our agent is just finalising our application - should hopefully be lodged in the next couple of days.
Just joined the forum, greetings!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SpeedyJon
Hi all.

Our agent is just finalising our application - should hopefully be lodged in the next couple of days.
Just joined the forum, greetings!

Hi Speedy jon

Welcome to BE. Here is the link for March 2008 for you http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518539

Good luck with the process

Suexx
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with you sam, goldcoast is lovely, we have been down quite a few times now and driven about too ,
we are heading down to dreamworld this weekend, as andy has got the next week off work, so gonna try to fit in loads of stuff for the kids over this easter weekend. unfortunatly the kids are not off for easter yet so gonna be going away for the weekend when they are as andy has a few hols saved up to use
glad your enjoying yourselfs, what do you think about the driving here ? bit crazy aint they
what does rhiannon think of it all ?
get some pics up when you can.

kels x
Hi Kels and co

We are making the most of things this week. Tomorrow we are off to lone pine sanctuary and we'll try to squeeze wet and wild in somewhere.

Rhiannon i loving it bless her, although, she's not really seen much yet - she's been as good as gold while we've been driving around everywhere.
The driving - well, i've not driven yet will start this week but we had a lorry infront of us with a blown out tyre, we had to swerve to miss the mess on the motorway, could have been bad but other than that not too bad. I'lll tell you though when i'm on the road

We went to redcliffe today, we thought that was very pretty but our heart still remains in the goldie, poss, coomera and round there.

Are you guys staying in thornlands then?

How are drew and cody liking it?

sam xx
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:40 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys not been here for a while so much to do and so little time to do it in.

Its 4 weeks today that we leave on the A380 , the very same one that is due to land at Heathrow later on this afternoon.

Its bloody hot out in Adelaide right now i have asked our friends to bottle some of it up for us so we can have a lil bit of it when we get there.

We went to Devon over the weekend and the weather was pretty crap, just help cement the thoughts that what we are doing is sooo the right thing to do

Hope you are all ok guys.

KOH
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Hi guys not been here for a while so much to do and so little time to do it in.

Its 4 weeks today that we leave on the A380 , the very same one that is due to land at Heathrow later on this afternoon.

Its bloody hot out in Adelaide right now i have asked our friends to bottle some of it up for us so we can have a lil bit of it when we get there.

We went to Devon over the weekend and the weather was pretty crap, just help cement the thoughts that what we are doing is sooo the right thing to do

Hope you are all ok guys.

KOH
Of course you're doing the right thing!
Know what you mean bout the weather, its rubbish. I'm off to Devon this weekend, looks like it might just about stay dry, but bloody cold.
You must be so excited bout the A380, the start of your journey will be ace.
We've now got loads of people coming to the airport. Not what I wanted at all but my sister has said she's coming if we like it or not, so OH parents have decided they're gonna come too.
So much for leaving in a nice relaxed manner.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sianystar
Of course you're doing the right thing!
Know what you mean bout the weather, its rubbish. I'm off to Devon this weekend, looks like it might just about stay dry, but bloody cold.
You must be so excited bout the A380, the start of your journey will be ace.
We've now got loads of people coming to the airport. Not what I wanted at all but my sister has said she's coming if we like it or not, so OH parents have decided they're gonna come too.
So much for leaving in a nice relaxed manner.
Tell them the airline has changed your flight times

Suexx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.