March Applicants

Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

Hi everyone, god it feels like ages since Ive been in touch
S-J sorry to hear about your grandad, the same thing has happened to us Neils grandad had a stroke the day after we arrived then he broke his hip a week later after he had got home he is still in hospital and not really progressing he took it really hard when we were leaving aswell. Take care there is nothing you can do really and that is the tough thing.

Hi Teryna I havent had time to catch up with you as we have just moved into our rental and not connected as yet so I have to be quick hope you are ok and things have gone well in your first few weeks.

We are ok Sophies settling well into school still no social life on an evening yet but shes tired so its ok. Our dogs arrive tomorrow and we will be a family again so good so far,I start work monday enough said about that. Ester dont worry the house will sell ours hasnt yet but I think the spring will get more viewings.
Take care
Trudi
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi everyone, god it feels like ages since Ive been in touch
S-J sorry to hear about your grandad, the same thing has happened to us Neils grandad had a stroke the day after we arrived then he broke his hip a week later after he had got home he is still in hospital and not really progressing he took it really hard when we were leaving aswell. Take care there is nothing you can do really and that is the tough thing.

Hi Teryna I havent had time to catch up with you as we have just moved into our rental and not connected as yet so I have to be quick hope you are ok and things have gone well in your first few weeks.

We are ok Sophies settling well into school still no social life on an evening yet but shes tired so its ok. Our dogs arrive tomorrow and we will be a family again so good so far,I start work monday enough said about that. Ester dont worry the house will sell ours hasnt yet but I think the spring will get more viewings.
Take care
Trudi
hi Trudi
Are you renting did you find it hard to find a rental with dogs? Will your dogs live inside the house?
Thanks
Lorna
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Hi SJ

Just wanted to say sorry to hear about your granddad i also cryed when i read your news.

Take care

Suexx
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Not sure if should post this with all you guys stuck with house selling........but we booked our flights today and we fly on the 15th April on what should be the A380 to Singapore....

Keep the faith you guys.....we have had some seriuos crap times but we kept on in there.
How exciting!!! You lucky buggers. My OH did some work on some of the systems on the A380, so he won't fly on it
In all seriousness, it supposed to be bloody fantastic, so let us know what its like.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:19 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

LOL i keep wondering the same after the tales ive heard about work!!!!

we got hold of a few pics and it looks amazing inside...cant wait...want to go now - sod the house and the kids actually!

car booting with a vengence now and cards in P/O, ebay is mad etc...should have started properly ages ago

Originally Posted by Sianystar
How exciting!!! You lucky buggers. My OH did some work on some of the systems on the A380, so he won't fly on it
In all seriousness, it supposed to be bloody fantastic, so let us know what its like.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by katsmajic
LOL i keep wondering the same after the tales ive heard about work!!!!

we got hold of a few pics and it looks amazing inside...cant wait...want to go now - sod the house and the kids actually!

car booting with a vengence now and cards in P/O, ebay is mad etc...should have started properly ages ago
Oh god, don't say that, we've got sooo much to get rid of. I think once I've jacked in work I'm gonna get a skip and go mad in the attic
Do you carboot at the racecourse? What trade like this time of year?
We're still not having any joy with the house selling, but there doesn't seem to be any movement at all round here. Probably just as well, the house lloks like a bomb site
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys, thanks for your thoughts. x

Got the call last night here, he died yesterday morning uk time, with his daughters holding his hands, he was peaceful. I'm thankful he isnt in pain anymore, but i feel broken inside. I loved him so much and had a really close relationship with him. I made him a great- grandad & he loved the kids so much, they made him laugh.

he was always talking about his Navy days and his 'old' mates, he gave me some stories i will share with my kids when they are old enough. He was a well travelled man and i adored & respected him very much. He was a wise dude too and loved the ladies. He holidayed in Malta with the 'lads' (pensioner pals) every year till he had his stroke 3yrs ago. He lost mobility to one side of his body then and it destroyed him. He was an active & independant man.

The day after we left he fell out of his chair at home, they said he'd broken his hip, couldnt operate as putting him under would probably kill him. He stayed in hospital catching infections and illness, then his legs swelled up and started to seep, he was in pain.

I sent mum a calendar which i'd done on kodak with photo's of the kids and us. there was one of him and Abigail for his birthday month of December this year. Mum took it in to show him & i'd done him a photo book too. She said he loved it and was very proud of us and showed it to all the nurses and everyone on the ward.. He would always show everyone the postcards i sent him from Australia & never stopped talking about me & the kids.

i took a few pics of him when i went to say my last goodbye the day before we left. I'm so glad i did now. I love him so much and will never ever forget him. He has given me so many fantastic memories.

One was when we went camping one August bank holiday to Burnsall, nr Ilkley, Yorkshire, for the Burnsall fell race ( a running race, where lots of crazy people die running up the side of a mountain!). I was about 15 ish, my kid bro, grandad & me stayed in a field in his VW campervan. It was cold, i couldnt sleep, i was laid across the front seats. It got to about 4am and i started to burn candles and build a wax mountain on a beer mat i nicked from the pub the night before.

Grandad Mike woke up & asked me if i was ok. I told him i couldnt sleep so he leaned over & started to talk. We talked for hours about everything, he told me stuff about his childhood, running career with the Hallamshire Harriers (Hillsborough, Sheffield), his worklife (he owned a cuttlery factory in Sheffield & made Silver goods too), The Navy on HMS Anson WW2, he also told me stories about my grandma who died at 50, i was only 8 so didnt remember her much. I will never forget him, he was an amazing gentleman.

I'm gutted. I know i'm not the first person to experience this, but its never happened to me before with someone i really love. I just wanted to tell you all a bit about him 'cos he was really cool & was more than a 'Grandad' to me.

Rest in Peace Grandad. All my love Sarah-jane xxx

MICHEAL H BROMLEY
6TH DECEMBER 1924 - 7TH FEBRUARY 2008
Attached Thumbnails March Applicants-nov-dec-07-176.jpg   March Applicants-nov-dec-07-175.jpg  

Last edited by s-jmelbournewannabe; Feb 8th 2008 at 1:31 am.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
hi guys, thanks for your thoughts. x

Got the call last night here, he died yesterday morning uk time, with his daughters holding his hands, he was peaceful. I'm thankful he isnt in pain anymore, but i feel broken inside. I loved him so much and had a really close relationship with him. I made him a great- grandad & he loved the kids so much, they made him laugh.

he was always talking about his Navy days and his 'old' mates, he gave me some stories i will share with my kids when they are old enough. He was a well travelled man and i adored & respected him very much. He was a wise dude too and loved the ladies. He holidayed in Malta with the 'lads' (pensioner pals) every year till he had his stroke 3yrs ago. He lost mobility to one side of his body then and it destroyed him. He was an active & independant man.

The day after we left he fell out of his chair at home, they said he'd broken his hip, couldnt operate as putting him under would probably kill him. He stayed in hospital catching infections and illness, then his legs swelled up and started to seep, he was in pain.

I sent mum a calendar which i'd done on kodak with photo's of the kids and us. there was one of him and Abigail for his birthday month of December this year. Mum took it in to show him & i'd done him a photo book too. She said he loved it and was very proud of us and showed it to all the nurses and everyone on the ward.. He would always show everyone the postcards i sent him from Australia & never stopped talking about me & the kids.

i took a few pics of him when i went to say my last goodbye the day before we left. I'm so glad i did now. I love him so much and will never ever forget him. He has given me so many fantastic memories.

One was when we went camping one August bank holiday to Burnsall, nr Ilkley, Yorkshire, for the Burnsall fell race ( a running race, where lots of crazy people die running up the side of a mountain!). I was about 15 ish, my kid bro, grandad & me stayed in a field in his VW campervan. It was cold, i couldnt sleep, i was laid across the front seats. It got to about 4am and i started to burn candles and build a wax mountain on a beer mat i nicked from the pub the night before.

Grandad Mike woke up & asked me if i was ok. I told him i couldnt sleep so he leaned over & started to talk. We talked for hours about everything, he told me stuff about his childhood, running career with the Hallamshire Harriers (Hillsborough, Sheffield), his worklife (he owned a cuttlery factory in Sheffield & made Silver goods too), The Navy on HMS Anson WW2, he also told me stories about my grandma who died at 50, i was only 8 so didnt remember her much. I will never forget him, he was an amazing gentleman.

I'm gutted. I know i'm not the first person to experience this, but its never happened to me before with someone i really love. I just wanted to tell you all a bit about him 'cos he was really cool & was more than a 'Grandad' to me.

Rest in Peace Grandad. All my love Sarah-jane xxx

MICHEAL H BROMLEY
6TH DECEMBER 1924 - 7TH FEBRUARY 2008
that's beautiful SJ!
so sorry for your loss!
Rest In Peace xxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Youll always have your memories.

Suexx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:10 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

S-j

Glad you have some great memories

estxxxx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:57 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry on your loss S-j our thoughts and wishes are with you all.

x

kaye
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

knoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really niceknoydart is just really nice

looking for flights anyone got any suggestions who to book with.

Frank& Gill
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

AAAAwwwww S-J All our thoughts are with you at this difficult time, and being away from your family. You are very lucky to have known such a wonderful man, and you have some beautiful memories.

Loux
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:30 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knoydart
looking for flights anyone got any suggestions who to book with.

Frank& Gill
singapore seems to be a good one, depends what you want
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

Singapore...............been great consistantly for me and friends and family!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.