March Applicants

Old Jan 18th 2008, 6:16 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by Sianystar
10th August! Want to go now!!!
Whens your validation date? Hows the house clearing going?
Well the renovating is coming on in leaps and bounds, we're way ahead of our schedule!!!

our validation is 9th May

I think we'll be there early mid April tho,

you've got loadsa time to organise now though, take it easy
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wardy2
I didnt know cathay pacific flew from Newcastle or did you connect via London sorry just want to get it straight takes a while to sink in

From HK you flew to Brisbane then to Cairns is that right.

So glad you are starting to recover.

Is cairns all you hoped it would be so far.

Dont know if you have seen it but there is a meet being organised for March in the meet section doubt we will be there by then.

speak soon

kaye x

Ps good luck to your sister in law with the baby
No Kaye we flew with ba down to heathrow our bags were checked right through from newcastle though. We flew direct to cairns from hong kong as we didnt want to have stops we had to use cathay pacific I think they are the only airline that do this now.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:07 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Trudi sorry tobe a bit thick.

Would you reccommend CP and one more question how long did it take HK to Cairns there i've finished

Hope things are going well and you manage to relax soon

Kaye
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sophjam
No Kaye we flew with ba down to heathrow our bags were checked right through from newcastle though. We flew direct to cairns from hong kong as we didnt want to have stops we had to use cathay pacific I think they are the only airline that do this now.
Yes cairns is just as pretty as we remembered but I think it is busy, its the house thing that has me worried as I dont want to be working full time shifts and trying to move house in between would prefer to be in before i start my new job, i still feel in limbo if you know what i mean. i dont think you can do much about it just be patient. we ar viewing one tomorrow fingers crossed but no pool! they let everyone view then the owner chooses who they want to get it so its a lottery im afraid, ive always owned my own home so im totally new to this rental game.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

CONGRATS on the visas this week

Just sent off our passports for the visa stamps so another thing ticked off the list.

Had White & Co round for a shipping quote - not sure how I feel about them as yet (they seem expensive and they recon that our stuff will be too much for a 20ft container but I don't think I agree!) We have another 2 quotes being done over the next two week (Pickfords & Robinsons) so I'll report on my final decision and why.

Getting the family bathroom ripped out and a new one put in starting on Monday, the house is being measured for all new carpets on Wednesday and the decorating begins sometime next week too, when I get round to getting myself organised! Busy busy busy!!

Its all happening, YAY!!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi we used white and co they reduce the price quite a bit so try again with them the only thing I would mention is to have the container to the door so you can see for yourself that its full we didnt and it was snowing on the last day the lads were in a rush to get home and they said they couldnt fit it all in what was quoted originally so its not a guarentee that it will all fit. The quotes with robinsons and allied pickford were quite a bit higher than white and co. Go with gut feeling. hope this helps x Trudi

Originally Posted by TheColebecks

Just sent off our passports for the visa stamps so another thing ticked off the list.

Had White & Co round for a shipping quote - not sure how I feel about them as yet (they seem expensive and they recon that our stuff will be too much for a 20ft container but I don't think I agree!) We have another 2 quotes being done over the next two week (Pickfords & Robinsons) so I'll report on my final decision and why.

Getting the family bathroom ripped out and a new one put in starting on Monday, the house is being measured for all new carpets on Wednesday and the decorating begins sometime next week too, when I get round to getting myself organised! Busy busy busy!!

Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheColebecks

hya,
We are taking everything:
3 seater sofa, 2 seater, chair and foot rest
another 3 seater and chair
dining table and 6 chairs
book case, desk and large leather chair
42inch plasma
smaller plasma
2 coffee tables, dining cabinet, and glass cabinet
loads of mirrors and pics
superking bed
king bed
single bed
sunbeds
boxes and boxes of stuff in garage (12?)
clothes
daughters toys etc
2 chest of drawers
bedding (lots)
towels (lots, as we've stocking up on nice ones in the sale)
all kitchen stuff (2/3 boxes?)
small outdoor table
my work stuff, books, teaching recources (2 boxes)
tumble dryer washer
dishwasher
american fridge freezer
numerous lamps and vases, etc

possibly more, with crown, in a 20 foot container for 3grand, we've done a lot of haggling over the last few months but i think that is a brill price

Have you tried crown?

sam xx
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:40 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
hya,

sunbeds
sam xx
I hope you dont need that
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:43 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

3 grand!!!

well I know things are obviously more expensive where I am, and there's not as many people going so I can't share.

But they've quoted us 55000nok, which is just over 4 grand for a20 footer

I picked some boxes up off them yest so i'm gonna crack on with that....when saturday kitchen finishes
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
I hope you dont need that
whoops, i meant sun loungers not those cancer causing things

We're only taking them as we bought them cheapy, cheapy in homebase sale last year and they are soooo comfortable, doubt i'll be sun bathing on them though - sun bathing bores me to death- i fake it every time

Sam xx
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by welshviking
3 grand!!!

well I know things are obviously more expensive where I am, and there's not as many people going so I can't share.

But they've quoted us 55000nok, which is just over 4 grand for a20 footer

I picked some boxes up off them yest so i'm gonna crack on with that....when saturday kitchen finishes

We were originaly quoted 3600 but over time we said no and then it went to 3400, we said no.... and i rang them the other day saying, Pckfords quoted £3000 and they matched it

sam xx
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi we used white and co they reduce the price quite a bit so try again with them the only thing I would mention is to have the container to the door so you can see for yourself that its full we didnt and it was snowing on the last day the lads were in a rush to get home and they said they couldnt fit it all in what was quoted originally so its not a guarentee that it will all fit. The quotes with robinsons and allied pickford were quite a bit higher than white and co. Go with gut feeling. hope this helps x Trudi
Thanks Trudi, They quoted £4k for a 20ft but said that in their opinion it wouldnt all go in so suggested the next size up which is £5k+ I have to admit I don't agree that it wouldn't all fit in a 20ft, looking at SammyG's list of stuff (below) we aren't taking as much as them and theirs will apparently go in a 20ft .. I feel as though we may be being ripped off a bit but time will tell when the others quote

Originally Posted by sammyg
hya,
3 seater sofa, 2 seater, chair and foot rest
another 3 seater and chair
dining table and 6 chairs
book case, desk and large leather chair
42inch plasma
smaller plasma
2 coffee tables, dining cabinet, and glass cabinet
loads of mirrors and pics
superking bed
king bed
single bed
sunbeds
boxes and boxes of stuff in garage (12?)
clothes
daughters toys etc
2 chest of drawers
bedding (lots)
towels (lots, as we've stocking up on nice ones in the sale)
all kitchen stuff (2/3 boxes?)
small outdoor table
my work stuff, books, teaching recources (2 boxes)
tumble dryer washer
dishwasher
american fridge freezer
numerous lamps and vases, etc

possibly more, with crown, in a 20 foot container for 3grand, we've done a lot of haggling over the last few months but i think that is a brill price

Have you tried crown?

sam xx
Thanks Sam, I haven't orgaised for Crown to come for a quote but I think I might in that case. We certainly wont be taking as much as you, looking at your list. I'm not convinced about the Whites quote but will see what the others have to say next week and the week after.

K xx

Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:46 am
live free or die

Yeah I thought Sam's list was quite big too, I made a primary and secondary list,

They thought all the primary stuff would fit in, and most secondary and we'd have to see from there, but i'm sure we didn't have that much.

How much has everyone covered themselves for with the insurance then?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

When you guys made the lists did you just estimate how many boxes of "general' stuff you would have? I'm fine with the furniture but its everything else we seem to be having problems with working out!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

We had a guy from crown come round and he just went around the house writing it all down. We didn't have the 3 seatr, 2 seater, chair and foot rest and the superking bed at the time, but he said that the container would have been 70% full.
That's when we bought the other items. We needed a new matress for our king size bed but they were so expensive we decided to pay slightly more for a new super king bed.
we also saw an offer in Dfs we couldn't refuse on a sofa, so we thought we'd chuck that in too.

I must admit, when i wrote it all down it did seem a lot but i have since spoken to crown and informed them of the extra items and they said it would be fine!

We're not sure about insurance yet! We've been so suprised in the past how companies have made it so hard for people to claim

Ours will be packed pretty tightly but the fear is it falling into the sea, never to be seen again

I'm looking into insurance this week, i'll fill you in with what i find out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.