Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:07 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Default March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Hi all,

The time has finally arrived for me to apply for the big 136 skilled independant. THough I would start the ball rolling and let you all know that I am about to submitt mine on the 14th March. Anyone else??

Anyone else applying if so any stories , good/bad/indiferent to share?

Anything to be aware of?

If anyone needs an editable version of the 47sk from 11/05 with the fields already to go let me know will post a link when I get to my Pc at home as I am on a works PC at the moment.

Justin (RMN - Hopefully Perth by the end of the year.)

NB.... Also anyone have an idea of the timeframe atm for a 136 independant?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:24 am
Fabettega

Default Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Hi Justin

I�m about to apply for a 136 Visa myself, hopefully around march 15 -
non MODL, translator. I�d like to get the editable version of the
form, because that would help me at work since sometimes i get PDF
files and have to type it down to get .doc. I think i will send the
47SK form that i already filled by hand, anyway.
About the timeframe, i�m not sure, but my guess, from what i�ve read
here, it will be 8 to 12 months.
By the way, i�m going document crazy here! I walk around with my my
two big cases of documents sometimes, and yesterday I left valuable
possessions at my car, such as camera and wallet, but brought the
documents with me. No chance for it to get stolen =)
Best of luck
Fabr�cio

Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:40 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by Fabettega
Hi Justin

I?m about to apply for a 136 Visa myself, hopefully around march 15 -
non MODL, translator. I?d like to get the editable version of the
form, because that would help me at work since sometimes i get PDF
files and have to type it down to get .doc. I think i will send the
47SK form that i already filled by hand, anyway.
About the timeframe, i?m not sure, but my guess, from what i?ve read
here, it will be 8 to 12 months.
By the way, i?m going document crazy here! I walk around with my my
two big cases of documents sometimes, and yesterday I left valuable
possessions at my car, such as camera and wallet, but brought the
documents with me. No chance for it to get stolen =)
Best of luck
Fabr���o
I know exatcly what you mean You need to use adode anythnbing but the reader version, as you cant save it or amend it. If you need anything let me know.

Justin
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
47sk11-05(editable).pdf (473.1 KB, 299 views)
Old Mar 5th 2006, 12:10 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eljustino
Hi all,

The time has finally arrived for me to apply for the big 136 skilled independant. THough I would start the ball rolling and let you all know that I am about to submitt mine on the 14th March. Anyone else??

Anything to be aware of?

If anyone needs an editable version of the 47sk from 11/05 with the fields already to go let me know will post a link when I get to my Pc at home as I am on a works PC at the moment.

hi again Justin,

I am a bit behind you...my skills assessment is going off on Monday so I hope it will be back in time for me to send off visa at end of month! I'm starting to get a bit excited! I think I read somewehere that time frames were somethign like 6-9 months although some have had theres back in about 4 months!

Jackie x
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

bainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant future

I'm sending off my skills assessment application to the ACS at the end of this month hopefully. Just waiting for some references and then will get everything certified and off it goes.

Now that it's so close to sending it off, I'm worried that my experience in my last IT job might not tie up with the code I'm applying against. I guess it's only natural to worry!
Old Mar 5th 2006, 4:38 pm
Beenish Khan

I'll be applying too, InshaAllah. and my date range is between 15th -
20th March. All documents ready, just need to fill the
forms.....finally its show time................

Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

rich8509 will become famous soon enoughrich8509 will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Anything to be aware of?

Were in. Just waiting for passports to be returned( current ones didn't have 2 years on them )
Hopefully around the 15th it will be off.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rich8509
Were in. Just waiting for passports to be returned( current ones didn't have 2 years on them )
Hopefully around the 15th it will be off.
We're hoping to get ours in this month. Just waiting to here back from WA (STNI visa) and then we'll send ours in. I'm hoping to get it back in 6 months as we want to go in September if we can.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

psaint7 will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Have sent my 136 application off via the marvellous George Lombard!

The long wait begins!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:54 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

We're just waiting for my wife's skills assessment to come back, which should be in the next couple of weeks - then we send the 136 Skilled Independant off straight after that. Just got to get documents copied etc.

Just got back from holiday which was occupying our minds a bit, but hopefully it's all systems go now!!

Graham
Old Mar 6th 2006, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Our skilled independent visa application was sent off a couple of weeks ago to our agent. We recieved a letter last week to say they were sending it off at the end of the week. I did a search on the timeline website for Non- MODL applicants (like us) who sent there applications off last March and most seemed to have recieved their visa by September or October. So It looks like we have a long wait ahead of us but it will all be worth it.

What makes it worse is that my mum and dad are having a holiday out there at the moment and I am so Jealous.

Finger crossed X X X
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

John Potter is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by emmal
Our skilled independent visa application was sent off a couple of weeks ago to our agent. We recieved a letter last week to say they were sending it off at the end of the week. I did a search on the timeline website for Non- MODL applicants (like us) who sent there applications off last March and most seemed to have recieved their visa by September or October. So It looks like we have a long wait ahead of us but it will all be worth it.

What makes it worse is that my mum and dad are having a holiday out there at the moment and I am so Jealous.

Finger crossed X X X
Hi Guys,

Congratulations to all among us who will apply this month. It's the last big piece of work before getting to the promised land.

As for me, I'd like to apply this month. I've got my IEAust positive assessment as Professional Engineer. Great !

But I still need to get more reference letters from my previous employers and also make a statutory declaration. I wonder what is the best on that matter.
Would it be to have it made with a solicitor, or my family doctor (I read a general practioner is accepted) ?

Does anyone have some experience with either of those ?
How long did it take for you to get your reference letters ?
Did somebody make a statutory declaration for covering a period he worked as self-employed ? I have no idea of the contents of such a letter.

Anyway, good luck to everybody !

John
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Damian & Sally will become famous soon enoughDamian & Sally will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Hi all,

Anything to be aware of?

Hi to all you fellow March Visa Applicants and hopefuls,

We are also sitting waiting with forms ready and checked, and double checked and triple checked and if I check them again I'm going to go mad!!!

Just waiting on the TRA letter which is now 6 days pass its due date. Have allowed 4 weeks as per the acknowledgement letter, hoped it would be sooner as we paid for priority but sadly its not to be.....I think our postman's beginning to get paranoid as I keep waiting for him with an optimistic look in my eye.....

Me, hubby and 3 kids are applying for the 138 Sponsored (NON-MODL) .

Currently living in Coventry, UK and hoping to be in Perth by the end of the year ( optimistic I know, but stranger things have happened !!!)

Am currently trying to ration my web site usage down to 2 or 3 hours per night!!!!!
Having lived and breathed this whole emigration thing since way back in July when we made the decision to apply, its kind of taken over our lives. Web sites like this have proven invaluable as we have done all the paper work ourselves (too stingy to use an agent!!! although at times we wished we had, but I have enjoyed the challenge)

I have recently got to a point where I keep frightening myself silly reading posts and thinking I've got it all wrong. I couldn't pick my own kids out of a line up at the moment and my husband is convinced I've gone mad!!!

Once the visa is in the post I'm determined to cut my visits down to once or twice a day.......well maybe three times...

Anyway, good luck to all of you in similar situations, I look forward to following your progress over the next few months.

Sally
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:14 am
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

We intend to apply for 139 visa and hope to send our 47sk application at the end of March. At the moment we're waiting for the IELTS results (god help us *lol*) and for our sponsor to collect all the docs and send us back signed Form 40.

Good luck to all of us,we will need it!

cheers,
Marina and Kees
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:43 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Having posted yesterday that we were waiting for my wifes skills assessment to be returned (speech pathologist), guess what was on our door mat when we returned from work? Yes, the assessment - and a positive result!!

So it's definitely full steam ahead now, hopefully post the application by the end of the week!!!! Scary stuff. Just need to get docs certified, might try our friend who is a doctor - I THINK that will be acceptable, she's not a GP but is a qualified doctor... anyone else got any thoughts on the easiest way to do this?? What has everyone else done??

Good luck to everyone, we'll get through this together!!!

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.