Wikiposts

Manchester Medicals

Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:51 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road
Default Manchester Medicals

Anyone else had medicals in Manchester. I've got two names off the approved doctors list for Manchester; Dr Million, St John Street, Manchester and Dr J Tankel, Clarendon Surg. Lance Burn H.C. Salford. The first one also has a Radiologist but the second one doesn't so you have to go to North Manc Gen Hosp.

If anyone's had the'r meds done at either of these then any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who's read my previous thread will know I'm really worried about my hubby not passing his medical after breaking his ankle and possibly needing another op in 18 months. So we're so dreading the meds and the wait afterwards!

We sent our application 9th march and the acknowledgment said it was received 16th March so we're losing our patience now as we've not had our request for meds yet. We're 136 non MODL appli's and see on here that they're are some of us who still haven't had requests from Jan appli's. I'm sick of waiting and decided to get my police checks done this week as they can take upto 8 weeks and I'm gonna book our meds for Jan when i've decided which Doc to use.

Please give me feedback if you've used any of these two docs in manchester! I'm crapping myself!!!

Rach
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Default Re: Manchester Medicals

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
Anyone else had medicals in Manchester. I've got two names off the approved doctors list for Manchester; Dr Million, St John Street, Manchester and Dr J Tankel, Clarendon Surg. Lance Burn H.C. Salford. The first one also has a Radiologist but the second one doesn't so you have to go to North Manc Gen Hosp.

If anyone's had the'r meds done at either of these then any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who's read my previous thread will know I'm really worried about my hubby not passing his medical after breaking his ankle and possibly needing another op in 18 months. So we're so dreading the meds and the wait afterwards!

We sent our application 9th march and the acknowledgment said it was received 16th March so we're losing our patience now as we've not had our request for meds yet. We're 136 non MODL appli's and see on here that they're are some of us who still haven't had requests from Jan appli's. I'm sick of waiting and decided to get my police checks done this week as they can take upto 8 weeks and I'm gonna book our meds for Jan when i've decided which Doc to use.

Please give me feedback if you've used any of these two docs in manchester! I'm crapping myself!!!

Rach

Hi

we had our medicals done in July with Dr million, he was great made you feel very at ease with him and he was great with the kids, it was very easy having the xrays in the same place as you just pop downstairs to get them done while he is doing the medical for other members of the family.. Family of 4 all done in 45mins i would deffinatley reccomend him.

Hazel
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:33 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Becareful if sending in your meds and PCC's before being requested by DIMIA as you will only have 12 months from the date of either the medicals or police check, which ever is the earliest, to validate your visa

Rach
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:16 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by HAZELMARY
Hi

we had our medicals done in July with Dr million, he was great made you feel very at ease with him and he was great with the kids, it was very easy having the xrays in the same place as you just pop downstairs to get them done while he is doing the medical for other members of the family.. Family of 4 all done in 45mins i would deffinatley reccomend him.

Hazel
Hi Hazel

Thanks for your response. Were your medicals requested or did you just get them done early? When did you lodge your application, was it before July 1st? Judging by other posts, it'll probably be sometime in Jan/Feb before we receive a request for meds & pc's. I think I'll make an appointment with Dr Million for Jan. just so I feel like I'm doing something. The wait is agonising!!!

Rach
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:25 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunatly the waiting is an everyday occurace for us all.

Firstly, for some of us, the TRA assessment. On average, people are waiting around 16 weeks for the result.

Then there is the visa application. For those who's occupations are on the MODL, well they are the lucky ones. Visa grants are expected to take around three/four months otherwise for the others it is around 12 months.

So, i am afraid that we all have to sit and wait. Not good nes for many but what can we do?

Hi Hazel

Thanks for your response. Were your medicals requested or did you just get them done early? When did you lodge your application, was it before July 1st? Judging by other posts, it'll probably be sometime in Jan/Feb before we receive a request for meds & pc's. I think I'll make an appointment with Dr Million for Jan. just so I feel like I'm doing something. The wait is agonising!!!

Rach
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:28 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Becareful if sending in your meds and PCC's before being requested by DIMIA as you will only have 12 months from the date of either the medicals or police check, which ever is the earliest, to validate your visa

Hi Rob

Thanks for the advice. We lodged our application 9th March and are hoping to have a positive response by April/May 05. All being well we will make the big move around July/August. If something was to happen to prevent us from going over permanently then, I would be more than happy to take a winter break from UK (oct/nov) to springtime in Oz to validate our visas. If I send my PC's off this week it'll prob be after xmas when I get them back so that'll be okay for us. But I know what you mean though, when we first began our application we sent for pc forms and were going to get them done straight away to save time. Luckily we were advised not to. At the moment I need to do something just to keep me from going insane!

Cheers
Rach
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:34 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Unfortunatly the waiting is an everyday occurace for us all.

Firstly, for some of us, the TRA assessment. On average, people are waiting around 16 weeks for the result.

Then there is the visa application. For those who's occupations are on the MODL, well they are the lucky ones. Visa grants are expected to take around three/four months otherwise for the others it is around 12 months.

So, i am afraid that we all have to sit and wait. Not good nes for many but what can we do?
Rob

Yes I remember the feeling well, waiting for Gaz's TRA, awful! It was bad enough all the agro you have to go through to complete the TRA, but then the long wait before you even start your main applic! It's just that we were originally told to expect a request for meds around Oct/Nov but then it was changed to Jan/Feb, probably due to 1st July changes. Anyway, like you say, we'll just have to sit tight.

Rach
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough

Hi

Hazel
Hi Hazel
we live in manchester and are planning to use Dr Millon, there are four of us, two adults and to children age 6 and 3, can you give me an idea of the costs involved
thanks
sarah
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

Hi Hazel

Rach
we lodged our application 31st Dec 2003 and heard nothing till meds requested early june which was quite a shock as was expecting them about sept, but i couldnt get an appointment with the doctors for a month so had to wait till 9th july and had to get an extension on medicals as they had to be back in oz for 22nd july but we got an extension till sept.. i was alreay thinking of getting medicals done before request came as i to was fed up with the wait... it still took 3 months from the medicals to get the visa granted, which was on 13th Oct so heading to Brisbane in Jan as long as the house sale goes through ok, all we seam to be doing is waiting ,first for the visa and then for house sale, but it will be worth it in the end and i felt like you that we were never going to get medicals requested and you do get fed up with people aksing you "have you heard anything yet " but it shouldnt be to long for you now, hang in there, and good luck with everything...

Hazel xxx
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Manchester Medicals

Originally Posted by andyaldy
Hi Hazel
we live in manchester and are planning to use Dr Millon, there are four of us, two adults and to children age 6 and 3, can you give me an idea of the costs involved
thanks
sarah
Hi Sarah

ive managed to find my letter with the prices on for the medical

Adult medical £ 80 , xray £ 37( children 11 and over need xray )
Child medical £ 40
Hiv test for adults £ 16
if you have a tattoo or body piercing you need hepatitis test B £ 18
or work in the medical profession ie nurse or dentist you need Hepatitis C £ 25

also £ 10 each courier charge as they sent they direct to Austarlia.

hope this information helps you, he is a very laid back doctor nothing like you would expect and is brilliant with the kids making jokes with them and being silly , totaly at ease with him, have you made your appointment yet as i know he gets booked up very easily.. if you need any more info be gald to answer any questions you have..

Hazel
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:45 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Manchester Medicals

Rach

Can thoroughly reccomend Dr Tankel, he's quite a character! Very relaxed and laid back.
His fees are considerably less than St John St too!
If you do go to him Say hello from us he will appreciate his infamy on the British Expat forum. We could be paying him another visit ourselves if Centrelink dont get their finger out, our medicals were done in June and still no visa (
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough

Hi Sarah

ive managed to find my letter with the prices on for the medical

Adult medical £ 80 , xray £ 37( children 11 and over need xray )
Child medical £ 40
Hiv test for adults £ 16
if you have a tattoo or body piercing you need hepatitis test B £ 18
or work in the medical profession ie nurse or dentist you need Hepatitis C £ 25

also £ 10 each courier charge as they sent they direct to Austarlia.

hope this information helps you, he is a very laid back doctor nothing like you would expect and is brilliant with the kids making jokes with them and being silly , totaly at ease with him, have you made your appointment yet as i know he gets booked up very easily.. if you need any more info be gald to answer any questions you have..

Hazel
thanks for your help on prices, are agent sent out visa forms on the 6th september but we still havent heard anything, we are applying on my husbands job as graphic pre press which is on the list, not sure when we will be asked to get meds and police checks we were hoping to get asked before christmas, but its just a waiting game.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:47 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi - I saw Dr Million in March. He made it simple and painless, the whole medical including xrays was done within an hour
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:51 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

we lodged our application 31st Dec 2003 and heard nothing till meds requested early june which was quite a shock as was expecting them about sept, but i couldnt get an appointment with the doctors for a month so had to wait till 9th july and had to get an extension on medicals as they had to be back in oz for 22nd july but we got an extension till sept.. i was alreay thinking of getting medicals done before request came as i to was fed up with the wait... it still took 3 months from the medicals to get the visa granted, which was on 13th Oct so heading to Brisbane in Jan as long as the house sale goes through ok, all we seam to be doing is waiting ,first for the visa and then for house sale, but it will be worth it in the end and i felt like you that we were never going to get medicals requested and you do get fed up with people aksing you "have you heard anything yet " but it shouldnt be to long for you now, hang in there, and good luck with everything...

Hazel xxx
Hazel

Thanks very much for all the info. I've phoned Dr Million and they are booked until beginning/middle Dec so will prob phone back tomorrow and make our appointment for mid Jan. You got you're med request quite quick then!

Where abouts in Brisbane are you heading? We're also going to settle there but not absolutely decided on which suburbs to look at. How old are your kids if you dont mind me asking? Mine are two boys aged 14 and 3 so we need to find a good college for the eldest. He's keed to go on to further education so there should be some decent Uni's around the Brisbane area.

You must be getting excited now. Jan. will be here before you know it with christmas only about 5 weeks away!!!

Cheers
Rach
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:55 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by andyaldy
Hi Hazel
thanks
sarah
Hi Sarah

I'm glad I started this thread now. It's nice to hear about other Mancunians leaving this dump! Where are you up to on your application? We applied 9th March and have heard nothing since getting our acknowledgement about a month later. I'm going to book my meds anyway. Get it over and done with!

Good luck!
Rach

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.