Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Make new application for 801 visa on ImmiAccount?

Make new application for 801 visa on ImmiAccount?

Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Make new application for 801 visa on ImmiAccount?

Hi there!

I just wanted to clarify something, if anyone can help. I’m currently on an 820 visa (temporary spouse), which was granted on 23 February 2017. I made my initial application for an 820/801 visa on 10 April 2016, so obviously I became eligible for consideration for the 801 visa yesterday (10 April 2018).

On my ImmiAccount, it shows all my previous applications, and the most recent one is the Stage 1 – Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300, 309/100, 820/801), which is listed as “finalised”.

I obviously want to get started for consideration for my 801 visa, but I’m a little confused on how to go about this. I had thought the option to submit more information for the 801 visa would just appear on the front page of my ImmiAccount, alongside the “finalised” 820 application. However, there’s nothing there.

Am I right in thinking that I now have to click “New Application” at the top of the screen, and then select Family, Stage 2 – Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801)?

I’m really loath to click on this and start an application only to find out that I’ve somehow followed the wrong link and either ruined my application, or have to pay more money, or both! Oh, and do we need to lodge another Sponsorship application alongside the 801 application? I assume so, but some clarification would be awesome.

If anyone can shed light on this, I’d be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
Old Apr 11th 2018, 2:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Make new application for 801 visa on ImmiAccount?

Originally Posted by Croker
Hi there!

I just wanted to clarify something, if anyone can help. I’m currently on an 820 visa (temporary spouse), which was granted on 23 February 2017. I made my initial application for an 820/801 visa on 10 April 2016, so obviously I became eligible for consideration for the 801 visa yesterday (10 April 2018).

On my ImmiAccount, it shows all my previous applications, and the most recent one is the Stage 1 – Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300, 309/100, 820/801), which is listed as “finalised”.

I obviously want to get started for consideration for my 801 visa, but I’m a little confused on how to go about this. I had thought the option to submit more information for the 801 visa would just appear on the front page of my ImmiAccount, alongside the “finalised” 820 application. However, there’s nothing there.

Am I right in thinking that I now have to click “New Application” at the top of the screen, and then select Family, Stage 2 – Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801)?

I’m really loath to click on this and start an application only to find out that I’ve somehow followed the wrong link and either ruined my application, or have to pay more money, or both! Oh, and do we need to lodge another Sponsorship application alongside the 801 application? I assume so, but some clarification would be awesome.

If anyone can shed light on this, I’d be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
Yes, you need the Stage Two Application.

Can't help with the sponsorship bit though as I haven't used the system since that was introduced. I don't think you need it, but I'm sure if you do something will pop in and warn you