Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Machine readable passport replaces the one applied with?

Machine readable passport replaces the one applied with?

Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Machine readable passport replaces the one applied with?

Originally Posted by shuvo27
Well if asking a simple question is making a big issue, then why not close the forum down. My passport expires in less than 2 years and our govt has already started giving new passports and anyone can change his present passport with the new one. So I thought it would be less troublesome for me if I get the new one now and get it stamped before I leave for Australia. As in a new country I will have lot of other things to sort out and isn't it better to get it done whatever can be sorted out before leaving.
I didn't say you were making a big issue of it. I said you were making an issue of something that isn't. You made it a 'big' one. Bermuda was simply pointing out that, as I and others have said, you are worrying about something that currently is irrelevant. I would imagine you have quite enough on your plate at the current time without adding to your stresses, by adding something that won't be an issue for five years.

It's akin to stressing about what happens when a child leaves home when they are only 5. Worry about today's problems, not one's that aren't even on the horizon.

Take offence if you like but seriously, I gave you the information ages ago and you're now getting stroppy about the way it was offered. A simple thanks would have been pleasant but you and some others don't seem capable of that.

Attitude like yours (you're not alone) will kill this forum. People who offer their help, whether Mod or not, do so out of the kindness of their hearts because they've been there done that. We've lost countless qualified and helpful people because of this problem but none of you seem to accept how ungrateful and snotty you come across. This in turn makes the helpful people get snotty and give up helping.

As the OP has had the answer to their question and so have you I see no need for this to continue.

Thread closed.