Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Machine readable passport replaces the one applied with?

Machine readable passport replaces the one applied with?

Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

aspenreign is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Machine readable passport replaces the one applied with?

Hi all,

In my country there is one campaign regarding the issuance of machine readable passport is about to fly. This campaign can make the old passport that I applied to DIAC with obsolete as they are going to issue a new one with machine readability.

How am I going to incorporate the new one with my application?

As I'm just waiting for the decision, how the new passport will work once my current passport gets stamped with PR(if at all)?

Please let me know....
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Machine readable passport replaces the one applied with?

It's not rocket science.

Tell DIAC you have got a new passport asap, here is a link to the form. Fillit in and upload it to your documents area or email it to your CO / team address.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It's not rocket science.

Tell DIAC you have got a new passport asap, here is a link to the form. Fillit in and upload it to your documents area or email it to your CO / team address.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf
I'm actually talking about two different scenarios. Consider the later one: As we are yet to receive the new one, if my visa gets granted by this time and I get my current passport stamped with the PR visa, what then?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aspenreign
I'm actually talking about two different scenarios. Consider the later one: As we are yet to receive the new one, if my visa gets granted by this time and I get my current passport stamped with the PR visa, what then?
You've not received the new one, so you can't use it yet. Keep using the current one with the visa stamp until the new one arrives then either carry both or as Bermudashorts said tell DIAC about your new one and get a new stamp!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

shuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura about

I am also facing this scenario.I already have my old passport stamped and I hear that after 2015 this passport would not be accepted in any airport around the world.Will it be enough just to contact the local High commission or have to apply to DIAC for getting the Machine readable passport stamped?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shuvo27
I am also facing this scenario.I already have my old passport stamped and I hear that after 2015 this passport would not be accepted in any airport around the world.Will it be enough just to contact the local High commission or have to apply to DIAC for getting the Machine readable passport stamped?
You have common sense, you have managed to go through a very complicated procedure of applying for a visa, why are you creating issues that don't exist? If or when this scenario occurs then obviously you will get a new passport and DIAC will happily put a replacement sticker in your passport in much the same way as if you lost your passport and got a new one or if your passport expired in a year's time.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

musmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nice

2015 r u sure you wont take next step towards citizenship ????? in dat case you wont need that visa sticker also because if i m not mistaken ur Visa/passport (any of them) will expire and u will need new passport or RRV ......
Dont imagine things ......
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

double00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by musmanasghar
2015 r u sure you wont take next step towards citizenship ????? in dat case you wont need that visa sticker also because if i m not mistaken ur Visa/passport (any of them) will expire and u will need new passport or RRV ......
good point man
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

dong is an unknown quantity at this point

But not everyone cares about the citizenship. Some of the applicants have constraints restricting them getting citizenship e.g. dual citizenship is not allowed and applicant don't want to loose country of birth's citizenship.

So I second money's opinion here ...

Originally Posted by musmanasghar
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If or when this scenario occurs then obviously you will get a new passport and DIAC will happily put a replacement sticker in your passport in much the same way as if you lost your passport and got a new one or if your passport expired in a year's time.
This is the required piece of information/advise that I needed. This question meant for this answer. Thanks Moneypenny!

Last edited by aspenreign; Jun 7th 2010 at 4:18 am.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

shuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura about

Mr/Mrs Sea of commonsense, my question was very simple and not making any big issue.I know I will be able to get the new passport stamped. My simple question was, what is the procedure for applying for this. If anyone had gone through the procedure, did he have to contact DIAC in Australia or just apply in the local High Commission. I just wanted someone to share his experience.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by aspenreign
Hi all,

In my country there is one campaign regarding the issuance of machine readable passport is about to fly. This campaign can make the old passport that I applied to DIAC with obsolete as they are going to issue a new one with machine readability.

How am I going to incorporate the new one with my application?

As I'm just waiting for the decision, how the new passport will work once my current passport gets stamped with PR(if at all)?

Please let me know....
you don't even have the visa stamped on the passport, so there is no need to worry. whenever you get the grant just send your current passport for stamping
Old Jun 8th 2010, 10:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr/Mrs Sea of commonsense, my question was very simple and not making any big issue.I know I will be able to get the new passport stamped. My simple question was, what is the procedure for applying for this. If anyone had gone through the procedure, did he have to contact DIAC in Australia or just apply in the local High Commission. I just wanted someone to share his experience.
I do apologise. Please ignore my advice and wait for someone to give you the answer you want to hear.

God give me strength.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Not making a big issue?? For cripes sake you are asking about how to go about getting a new visa label should you need one in five years time!! If that is not making a meal of something I don't know what is. Definite contender for the "most ridiculous question" poll at year end.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Well if asking a simple question is making a big issue, then why not close the forum down. My passport expires in less than 2 years and our govt has already started giving new passports and anyone can change his present passport with the new one. So I thought it would be less troublesome for me if I get the new one now and get it stamped before I leave for Australia. As in a new country I will have lot of other things to sort out and isn't it better to get it done whatever can be sorted out before leaving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.