Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

lost passport visa expired need to fly to UK

lost passport visa expired need to fly to UK

Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice
Unhappy lost passport visa expired need to fly to UK

Hi Guys
While Im waiting for Immigration to open tomorrow morning @8.30 I thought I would ask for some help.
This is happening at the moment.
My Son has lost his passport, given him responsibility at 20 ! anyway it has expired and so has his Visa (PR)
My Partner and I also have PR visas which have expired but did our citizenship test on Wednesday and Passed.My Son did not apply.
We both have our valid passports. So really happy thinking we will be ok.
Unfortunately my father in law passed away Friday suddenly, and we need to get back ASAP.
Would my son be able to get an Emergency Passport and apply for a 5 year RRV
and would my partner and I have to apply for 5 year RRV or is there a shorter one ?
Any discussion would be helpful, firstly to help us through this traumatic time and to ease my panic till the morning,
Thank you
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lost passport visa expired need to fly to UK

Sorry to hear about your FIL.

I don't know about emergency passports, but all three of you will need RRVs as your original visas were issued more than 5 years ago. They will automatically be issued for 5 years as you have been in Australia for more than 2 of the last 5 years. You should be able to apply online, but you will have to give DIAC details of your son's new passport before he can apply (again, online, once their records are updated). Cost is $300 pp.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

All of you should apply for the RRV as soon as possible, definitely don't travel without that. Then your son can get the emergency travel documents. I cannot post the link as in mobile, but it came up top when I searched for "emergency UK passport in Australia".
Old Nov 24th 2013, 3:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply for an Emergency Travel Document at the British Consulate in Brisbane.

British Consulate Brisbane

Vice Consul and Head of Consular Services: Mrs Megan Hunt
Level 9
100 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Australia

Telephone:
+61 (0)7 3223 3200

Opening Hours Mondays to Fridays:
Counter hours: 10.00am to 3.00pm
Switchboard hours: 9.30am to 4.30pm

However you should check with DIBP whether it is an acceptable document to use with a RRV.