Wikiposts

Looking for others ... Spouse Visa

Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

kym_james is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for others ... Spouse Visa

Hi folks.

First timer on this website, so hello to everyone.

Just getting to the stage of rounding up the last of our paperwork to submit to our migration agent and wondering how a few other people in our situation have got on?

Have done lots of searching before I posted, don't worry about that.

We are both 22 yrs old this year, and haven't had any joint bills together as we have been living with my bf's parents in the UK. I have lived here with my bf since November 2002 and we have had a joint bank account together for 12 months now. We have loads of other paperwork sent to both or each of us at the same address. Quite a few club memberships for both of us and about 4 lots of travel documents together, including tours, etc taken within the travel.

Will our age go against us? Just looking for some people who have gone through a similar thing at our age. We thought it strange if we were to already have loans and mortgages galore to prove our relationship, we are only 21! We don't need debt already! Just wish there wasn't so much emphasis placed on a couple being in debt for them to prove their relationship.

ANyway, enough jabbering, just wanting to get a bit of background on other young couples applications.

PS. We are submitting in about mid-April and have a migration agent, O-E Visas, although haven't heard anything from them for a few days. I know they get busy.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:58 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for others ... Spouse Visa

Originally posted by kym_james
Hi folks.

Just getting to the stage of rounding up the last of our paperwork to submit to our migration agent and wondering how a few other people in our situation have got on?

We are both 22 yrs old this year, and haven't had any joint bills together as we have been living with my bf's parents in the UK. I have lived here with my bf since November 2002 and we have had a joint bank account together for 12 months now. We have loads of other paperwork sent to both or each of us at the same address. Quite a few club memberships for both of us and about 4 lots of travel documents together, including tours, etc taken within the travel.

Will our age go against us? Just looking for some people who have gone through a similar thing at our age. We thought it strange if we were to already have loans and mortgages galore to prove our relationship, we are only 21! We don't need debt already! Just wish there wasn't so much emphasis placed on a couple being in debt for them to prove their relationship.

ANyway, enough jabbering, just wanting to get a bit of background on other young couples applications.

PS. We are submitting in about mid-April and have a migration agent, O-E Visas, although haven't heard anything from them for a few days. I know they get busy.

Hi,

I'm 24. I'm still in the process of putting together my application, but I haven't heard anything to make me think that you're age will be a problem, just need to be 'legal'!!

Don't have any joint mortgages or wills etc either and I have been told that this shouldn't be a problem as longs there is other evidence to prove you were living together in a de facto r'ship.

Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2004, 7:03 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!

To be short: I think you'll be right!! Have you got stat decs from your parents in law, also stating that you live with them etc?
It sounds like you have enough proof.
Shame you spent your money on an agent, I don't think you need one, haven't heard of anyone going for a Spouse visa who has...

Your age shouldn't go against you, as long as you can show/explain how you are going to live in Australia (because of the 2 year waiver of social security stuff)

I was the sponsor of my partner, even though I am 22, a student, and haven't lived in Oz since I was 14!! But, we do live together here in Holland, have a bit of savings etc.
Though, if you've searched the forum, you've probably come across our story before. (we applied in Berlin though, so that's a bit different)

Good luck!

I THINK you'll be fine....

Old Mar 24th 2004, 7:55 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We will be putting our de facto application in mid june.

I'm 29 (30 tomorrow) and my Aussie g'friend is 25.

There should be no problems with what age you are as long as you have enough evidence that your living as a de facto couple for 12 months.

We will only have 12 months and a few days living together but want to apply ASAP so are going to give it a go.

All the best

TT

Hi folks.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:08 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks.

Sounds good as you have 12 months co-hab evidence.
I cannot see that age will affect the relationship. The evidence does have a financial aspect but debt is not part of it. If anything they want you to have money to bring with you to support yourself as you find work.
If an agent has taken you on I doubt you will have issues. Are they MARA registered? Check out www.thmara.com.au
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Wow, thanks for all the quick replies.

I know now we probably didn't need an agent, but it was really daunting to think about before. So we went ahead and used them.

They are registered,and there was quite a few things I wouldn't have though of that they have asked for. I have seen one of the guys from the agency posting on here aswell. They are based in Edinburgh.

We have shining stat decs from each of my bf's parents and my parents too, as they have come over here and met James and his family.

I am sure it will be ok, but you know how it gets. My parents have filled out the AoS form as they will be supporting us for a while until we get on our feet, and I haven't lived in Australia since 2002 now so I don't qualify.

We have loads of paperwork, esp my paperwork dating back to November 2002 stating we were living at the same address.

thanks for your help again. Will stick around and see how others are getting on and let you know how we do.

Also, one more quick question. Does this $3500 bond affect our application?? Has anybody else had to pay a bond on a Spouse Visa before?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:11 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Wow, thanks for all the quick replies.

I know now we probably didn't need an agent, but it was really daunting to think about before. So we went ahead and used them.

They are registered,and there was quite a few things I wouldn't have though of that they have asked for. I have seen one of the guys from the agency posting on here aswell. They are based in Edinburgh.

We have shining stat decs from each of my bf's parents and my parents too, as they have come over here and met James and his family.

I am sure it will be ok, but you know how it gets. My parents have filled out the AoS form as they will be supporting us for a while until we get on our feet, and I haven't lived in Australia since 2002 now so I don't qualify.

We have loads of paperwork, esp my paperwork dating back to November 2002 stating we were living at the same address.

thanks for your help again. Will stick around and see how others are getting on and let you know how we do.

Also, one more quick question. Does this $3500 bond affect our application?? Has anybody else had to pay a bond on a Spouse Visa before?

Cheeky I know... but any thing that the agent said that you hadn't thought of that you want to share
Old Mar 25th 2004, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

I think u will be fine, i lived with my partners parents for almost 12 (very long) months, and we have got correspondence/bank statements showing mutal addresses for these times, plus the stat dec from his parents. I think there are quite a few people in the same situtation, from what I have read.
The biggest bit of the defacto spouse is getting all the paper work together.... is there any way u can save urself some ££ on that agent?!?!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by jasper pentop
I think u will be fine, i lived with my partners parents for almost 12 (very long) months, and we have got correspondence/bank statements showing mutal addresses for these times, plus the stat dec from his parents. I think there are quite a few people in the same situtation, from what I have read.
The biggest bit of the defacto spouse is getting all the paper work together.... is there any way u can save urself some ££ on that agent?!?!

PS u dont need a bond for a spouse visa
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by mlbonner
Cheeky I know... but any thing that the agent said that you hadn't thought of that you want to share
Just a couple other bits of paperwork to prove our relationship...

Like: *Putting your partner as your Next of Kin on Job Applications, etc. Got copies from old employment agencies and previous jobs.

*birthday cards and postcards from others and to others (we asked for those back, very nicely of course)

We didn't think that cards would be acceptable.

Cant think of anything else off the top of my head, but will put more if I think of anything.

Phew, so glad we dont have to pay the bond, got our money back from the agent now... Looks like another holiday in europe b4 we go back! hurray!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Hiya Kym_James

I just scanned a few choice pictures from our relationship and printed them out a few to a page A4 so it fitted in our bundle of papers well. I think they dont really want actually cards, pictures etc.... we also photocopied wedding invitations to add to the pile (and quite a pile it is!)

You can see what other people sent at
http://britishexpats.com/arch/32/2004/2/209052
and
http://britishexpats.com/arch/32/2004/2/206793

these two lists helped us heaps pulling our application together
Good luck!