Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Looking at moving to Australia, need some help and guidance

Looking at moving to Australia, need some help and guidance

Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking at moving to Australia, need some help and guidance

QuickVisas are very good.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:59 am
Just Joined

rehanazeem is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard from many people saying UK is still far better then Aus regarding everything? Why so ??
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rehanazeem
I have heard from many people saying UK is still far better then Aus regarding everything? Why so ??
Because everyone has individual experiences and individual likes and dislikes. Some people will always prefer one country to another, some people's preferences will change over the years. We are all different and all have different needs and expectations from life - remember that when you read through posts on here and you will end up with a good collection of views from all angles, all equally valid.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:33 am
Just Joined

hmmm agreed I think Different people come up with different views. All your faith and luck regarding you job and living... Always have Faith in God
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm agreed I think Different people come up with different views. All your faith and luck regarding you job and living... Always have Faith in God
You should also be aware that this is NOT a religious website and such comments may cause offence - they may also do the same in Australia where the majority of people do not like to have religion mentioned to them in this way.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

+ 1 yes indeed....there are other forums who are like-minded though OP
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

amoc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my hubby has been working in Perth for 16 months after leaving uk job. First year was so busy but this year has slowed down with job cuts but in no way as bad as the Uk. We are looking to emigrate next year and my first visit is in Nov. How do i start to find out about a career in Southern River area.Am experienced in Accountancy/Finance/Admin and am not sure where to start. Any advice on sight seeing and local transport would be a great help. As for visa we applied online for a one year and it was easy. I am bringing my 18 yr old with me to persuade him it is a better life than uk,hope we are not disappointed.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:20 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amoc
Hi my hubby has been working in Perth for 16 months after leaving uk job. First year was so busy but this year has slowed down with job cuts but in no way as bad as the Uk. We are looking to emigrate next year and my first visit is in Nov. How do i start to find out about a career in Southern River area.Am experienced in Accountancy/Finance/Admin and am not sure where to start. Any advice on sight seeing and local transport would be a great help. As for visa we applied online for a one year and it was easy. I am bringing my 18 yr old with me to persuade him it is a better life than uk,hope we are not disappointed.
Can you say what visa your husband is currently on, and what visa you have as some visas do not allow you to work
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Can you say what visa your husband is currently on, and what visa you have as some visas do not allow you to work
hubby on a 4 year 457? as was sponsored by an employer. Family should have been added at time but passports not up to date for children.

I just applied at the moment for a one year visitor visa until i decide if we are emigrating. If so will have to apply for a spouse/working visa dependant on if I have found a job. Hubby will apply for residency next year if we decide to go . This allows you to move jobs as he is tied to Perth at the moment to one employer on 457 visa and very expensive to live there. He loved Brisbane.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

hubby on a 4 year 457? as was sponsored by an employer. Family should have been added at time but passports not up to date for children.

I just applied at the moment for a one year visitor visa until i decide if we are emigrating. If so will have to apply for a spouse/working visa dependant on if I have found a job. Hubby will apply for residency next year if we decide to go . This allows you to move jobs as he is tied to Perth at the moment to one employer on 457 visa and very expensive to live there. He loved Brisbane.
Think I would be cautious of bringing 18 year old out. Adding adult children to visa is not straight forward, particularly if no longer in full time education. Might be worth getting some advice from a Mara Registered agent.

Of course that is my view, and don't mean to put a damper on your plans, just wouldn't want you to have any hiccups further down the line
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Think I would be cautious of bringing 18 year old out. Adding adult children to visa is not straight forward, particularly if no longer in full time education. Might be worth getting some advice from a Mara Registered agent.

Of course that is my view, and don't mean to put a damper on your plans, just wouldn't want you to have any hiccups further down the line
At the moment he is only 17 and full time education so they added him to my visa
application. Understand the long term visas are more complicated and we have a contact who dealt with hubbys visa so will take advice thankyou.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:51 pm

At the moment he is only 17 and full time education so they added him to my visa
application. Understand the long term visas are more complicated and we have a contact who dealt with hubbys visa so will take advice thankyou.
Good - sorry to sound like a worrier but I know how much these things mean to all of us
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I really think you need to discuss this plan with a MARA registered migration agent.

You're planning on coming to Australia on a tourist visa with your 18 year old. Even if you do get added to your husband's 457, unless your child is in full time education and dependant on your husband he's going to likely have to go home or get a visa in his own right. Also you need to be aware that you cannot work on a tourist visa at all. You must have the correct visa in order to work. If you can find an employer to sponsor you for your own 457 that would work, or better you should be added to your husband's visa. Note that unless he is a permanent resident you cannot get a spouse visa.

Your "contact" should have told you all of this. And you all really should have been added to your husband's visa in the first place.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Hi

Does anyone tell me how much time South Aus usually takes for state nomination plan ? I have applied for SA state nomination..

Thanks
Rehan
Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Does anyone tell me how much time South Aus usually takes for state nomination plan ? I have applied for SA state nomination..

Thanks
Rehan
What does it say on the SA gov't sponsorship website?