Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

long-stay temp. business visa processing times in London?

long-stay temp. business visa processing times in London?

Old Jan 29th 2001, 11:46 am
Julien Chevalley

Hi all,

I have applied for a long stay business visa in London about 2 weeks ago and still haven't
heard anything yet. Any ideas about how long things could take? I have got an Australian
sponsor & things have been cleared on their side...

Also wondering about what happens once we've gone for the medical examination?

Thanks for you help,

Julien

Old Jan 29th 2001, 5:14 pm
Kevon Alyeen

Hello Julien,

It should take 3 weeks according to the typical processing time posted by the Australian
High Commission in England. You can confirm this at the url below.

http://www.australia.org.uk/visas/fo...ng%20times.htm

Depending on what the medical examination report says, your medical reports might be
forwarded to Australia for a more comprehensive look, and you might be asked to do more
tests. But that is only if you have a negative medical report.

Assuming your medical examination is satisfactory, the High Commission would know that you
can be granted a visa once you satisfy the other visa requirements. I don't know how they
work down there, but maybe you already have satisfied all other requirements and once you
submit a successful medical report you should be grated your 457 visa .

Anyway just hang in there, it shouldn't take more than a fortnight for you to hear from
them. Good luck...

/Kevon

> Hi all,
>
> I have applied for a long stay business visa in London about 2 weeks ago
and
> still haven't heard anything yet. Any ideas about how long things could take? I have got
> an Australian sponsor & things have been cleared on their side...
>
> Also wondering about what happens once we've gone for the medical examination?
>
> Thanks for you help,
>
> Julien
>