Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for an offshore spouse visa and getting a visitor visa in the interim

Applying for an offshore spouse visa and getting a visitor visa in the interim

Old Sep 10th 2018, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Lelliott75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for an offshore spouse visa and getting a visitor visa in the interim

I’ve posted before about which partner visa to apply for and it seems that the onshore option isn’t really possible (I don’t feel comfortable going to Australia on a tourist visa knowing full well that I intend to stay there 😬). We’ve now decided we’re definitely going at the end of this year so I really need to sort a visa out.
So, if I apply for an offshore partner visa can I get a visitor visa to enable me to stay while I’m waiting for the partner visa to be issued? I realise I’d have to be offshore when the 309/100 is issued and I don’t have a problem with coming and going a couple of times if necessary. My husband would be working so there would be no isssue with financing my stay. I’m not worried about that stipulation of no working while on the visitor visa - that’s not an issue. My concern is whether I’m allowed to have a visitor visa to live with my husband and children - I wouldn’t be travelling. I hope I’ve explained myself well enough and someone is able to help me. Thanks.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for an offshore spouse visa and getting a visitor visa in the inter

Yes, you can. Just let your CO know that you’ll be visiting and that you’ll leave before your visa grant. Shame you haven’t got it in now, who knows, you could have it before the end of the year.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Lelliott75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for an offshore spouse visa and getting a visitor visa in the inter

Originally Posted by quoll
Yes, you can. Just let your CO know that you’ll be visiting and that you’ll leave before your visa grant. Shame you haven’t got it in now, who knows, you could have it before the end of the year.
Ok...that’s good to hear. Thanks for the reply