British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   London AHC to Adelaide Transfers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/london-ahc-adelaide-transfers-132817/)

mashiraz Feb 15th 2003 8:20 pm

London AHC to Adelaide Transfers

Just thought I'd update with the position regarding the transfers.

From the 33 people on my list that applied to London from June to October 01.

17 have had grants or pregrants
14 have had requests for further info/medicals and police checks
2 haven't been heard from recently.

So of the 14 that have sent off the requested info etc, we need to see visas being granted now.

Keep me updated so I can shout Bingo for a full house!!

Mash...

jockney Feb 16th 2003 7:00 am

Re: London AHC to Adelaide Transfers

Originally posted by mashiraz

So of the 14 that have sent off the requested info etc, we need to see visas being granted now.

Mash...
Thanks for the update mash.I will be shouting more than bingo if we get ours.You are right lets see the rest of these visas sorted then we can all put this debacle to bed.jockney
ps not to forget the poor sods left in london best of luck to them as well.

pudnut Feb 16th 2003 9:50 am

Mash...
Mash
I'm sure your PR is only a matter of days away now...
I'm keeping my fingers cross for you and hopefully no more waiting!!!

Godd luck

Pudnut

WARDY Feb 16th 2003 5:50 pm

We're still here! We're in the "more information" lot.

DIMIA wanted more info re de facto relationship which we have sent. Our case officer's letter also said Jersey police checks were "not satisfactory" and wanted UK ones, which we requested 20th Jan.

We phoned (to check if we should wait for UK checks to send all info together) and also to ask what the problem with the Jersey ones was. Our case officer then said Jersey clearances were OK after all!!

Jersey checks expire April 26th, so we've emailed to see if we will get visas by then (cheeky, but hey!). Had no reply but the UK ones turned up on Friday 14th - about 25 days so not bad I suppose, so we have sent them off anyway.

I've told work I'm leaving on 28th February (yay!!). Everyone I work with is busy arranging an Australian themed leaving party (with fancy dress), they are either sad to see me go or desparate for a party! Anyone got good ideas for what to go as, please let me know!

Caryn

Mash...

dmf Feb 16th 2003 8:19 pm

Mash, we have recently joined this forum ... we lodged our application in October 2001 and it got transferred to Adelaide along with yours last November. Medicals were requested beginning of Jan and it was all sent off last week. Our agent has mentioned a 2 month timescale now. So we are also waiting for good news soon after the long agonising wait.

What timescale do you think judging by your replies?

Thanks

The Jacksons Feb 16th 2003 8:37 pm

Hi Mash

We are as you know Sept 01 applicants - were asked to get assurer to post bond - letter dated 4th Feb - should be done next week some time.
Assurer should have received copy of letter from Adelaide but have not (luckily - just in case I sent a copy of mine - should arrive today for them).
Will let you know as soon as we hear anything.
Bye for now

SJ
(PS Nickname IS Jacko by the way - good guess on a previous post!!)

mashiraz Feb 16th 2003 8:44 pm

Hi dmf, you're No 34, now added!!

No idea on timescales as there is no precedent here. Hopefully they have a mind to clear ours. Some who sent medicals in Jan have been asked now to post bonds which is final stage, and so on so it implies a faster rate than 2 months. I think we're on the home straight to be cleared ASAP.

Good luck and welcome...

Mash..

Originally posted by dmf
Mash, we have recently joined this forum ... we lodged our application in October 2001 and it got transferred to Adelaide along with yours last November. Medicals were requested beginning of Jan and it was all sent off last week. Our agent has mentioned a 2 month timescale now. So we are also waiting for good news soon after the long agonising wait.

What timescale do you think judging by your replies?

Thanks

mandandbri Feb 16th 2003 10:58 pm

Hi Mash
Just spoke to Adelaide (midnight) Ours has just gone to medicals after being asked for references in Dec (good news I suppose) been told could take between 2 wks and 3 mths!!

Manda

parrot Feb 17th 2003 8:56 am

Hi Mash, we sent our medicals off and they arrived two weeks ago today, so we're getting to the stage where we're nearly mugging the postman every morning, to no avail! Bit early I suppose but can't help it. Will let you know if and when we hear. Hope you hear soon too, bout bloody time!
Parrot

Grotbags Feb 17th 2003 9:58 am

Hi, We applied end of Aug 2001, and after the medical request which we received beginning Jan, they received our medicals back in Adelaide on 27th January. We got the pregrant last Friday and so does seem that they are working thru them quicker that the 2 months quoted.

jockney Feb 17th 2003 4:54 pm

Originally posted by Grotbags
Hi, We applied end of Aug 2001, and after the medical request which we received beginning Jan, they received our medicals back in Adelaide on 27th January. We got the pregrant last Friday and so does seem that they are working thru them quicker that the 2 months quoted.
Unfortunately it`s just your donald duck when it comes after medical,depends whether officer can pass it or whether they decide to let the doctors in sydney decide.We sent ours arrived adelaide 9th dec ,mine has been cleared but wifes is not yet although doctor at medical said my wifes would be no problem.Ithink if you`ve ever had anything wrong with you and you get an unexperienced case officer it will be delayed,even if it is something that they would not exclude you for. jockney

andie Feb 17th 2003 8:43 pm

hi jockney, we are also waiting medical results, hubby was clear, mine wasnt, we are expecting a delay, has your wife got to retake her medical, have you any idea what the process is, my xray wasnt clear, (chest infection). i have no idea what happens if they are not happy with results, do you know???????

jockney Feb 18th 2003 1:34 am

Originally posted by andie
hi jockney, we are also waiting medical results, hubby was clear, mine wasnt, we are expecting a delay, has your wife got to retake her medical, have you any idea what the process is, my xray wasnt clear, (chest infection). i have no idea what happens if they are not happy with results, do you know???????
I dont think she would have to retake the medical as it went well.It`s just that she had a previous illness which is nothing bad but not well known ,therefor the case officer would not have the knowledge of a doctor to say thats ok

65 million Feb 19th 2003 1:09 pm

We were london 06/01

Just got a letter asking for bond money (so my cousin tells me).

I think were home and dry!!!!!