Lodging Spouse Application

Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

SarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the rough
Default Lodging Spouse Application

Hi all,

Ok, these are silly questions. But I have my spouse visa interview in Berlin next week after Easter, and want to make sure we have it all correct.

I know it says that docs are not supposed to be stapled, etc. However, to get anything notarized here in Germany, they make the document into a nice little booklet. They punch holes in the paper and put string through it with a seal on top of the string. Same with orignals and their English translations--always stapled. What have you all done?

The other thing is, and I know this is stupid, but we have printed off all the forms double-sided. I'm assuming this is acceptable, or do they want single-sided pages for everything.

Thanks all! Just getting extremely nervous.

Sarah
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lodging Spouse Application

Originally Posted by SarahMarx
Hi all,

Ok, these are silly questions. But I have my spouse visa interview in Berlin next week after Easter, and want to make sure we have it all correct.

I know it says that docs are not supposed to be stapled, etc. However, to get anything notarized here in Germany, they make the document into a nice little booklet. They punch holes in the paper and put string through it with a seal on top of the string. Same with orignals and their English translations--always stapled. What have you all done?

The other thing is, and I know this is stupid, but we have printed off all the forms double-sided. I'm assuming this is acceptable, or do they want single-sided pages for everything.

Thanks all! Just getting extremely nervous.

Sarah

HI H I
I believe they scan the forms so doesnt matter double sided, infact I believe some of mine where in my spouse application.

I sent ours away with a big bull-dog clip at the top (black thing with silver arms that fold over the paper).... that worked fine, and less fiddly, I would NOT do string and holes and no staples. A clip is your best option! Do you have a cover page that lists the order of all the paper and what they are. I think this helps processing yoru form quicker as they have a logic explanation of all the paper they are inundated with !
Good luck with it all! Don't be nervous!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Hi,

I removed all staples from our docs.

I used 2 sets of paperclips. 1 colour separated each section, 1 colour sub-divided each section.

eg all statements/declarations were bound by a yellow paperclip, including a 'title page', each statement was bound by a green paperclip.

I included an a4 sheet at the beginning of each section just with my personal details as a header, and the title being 'financial' or 'social' or whatever.

Good luck!!!!

Gemma
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foxall22
Hi,

I used 2 sets of paperclips. 1 colour separated each section, 1 colour sub-divided each section.

eg all statements/declarations were bound by a yellow paperclip, including a 'title page', each statement was bound by a green paperclip.

I included an a4 sheet at the beginning of each section just with my personal details as a header, and the title being 'financial' or 'social' or whatever.

Good luck!!!!

Gemma

Sounds all good and easy to follow. Top Job!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

SarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys,

Actually, I'm not mailing it. That's a special thing here at the German DIMIA--we can actually get 1-day processing as long as we bring the whole kit and caboodle, ie, all info and evidence. (I'm American, but resident in Germany)

I am working on the contents page, and the unfortunate thing is that the notarized stuff was strung up and sealed by the Notary Public!! If we break the seal, it is null and void. *sigh*

For the sworn translations, the translators always fold over the corner, stamp it, and then staple it. Hmmm.

I guess it doesn't really matter because I will be appearing in front of a DIMIA person.. I'll just bring along a staple remover.. LOL

BUT, thanks for the idea of the colored clips.. That's brilliant.. Now, off to the shops to get some..

Thanks all! I thinik the biggest reason is that I will be attending an inverview in person!!

Originally Posted by foxall22
Hi,

Good luck!!!!

Gemma