Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Lodging partner visa in VIETNAM –interview in person? Processing time 8 months? $3350

Lodging partner visa in VIETNAM –interview in person? Processing time 8 months? $3350

Old Nov 25th 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lodging partner visa in VIETNAM –interview in person? Processing time 8 months? $3350

Has anybody lodged a partner visa in Vietnam?

My fiancée has questioned some things and she was told that after about 6 months from lodging the application she would be invited for an interview in person. I’ve never heard anything about interviews. Is it something special in Vietnam? If she “passes” the interview she should be granted the visa in 2 months. But the official processing time is 12 months?

Also, it seems that the application has to be lodged with so called “International Organization for Migration (IOM)” that serves like a mediator between the consulate and the clients. However, they apparently charge for the visa $3350 (plus a small processing fee) instead of $3085.

Could somebody shed some light into it please?
Old Nov 25th 2013, 6:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lodging partner visa in VIETNAM –interview in person? Processing time 8 months? $

Processing times for partner visas is currently around 8-9 months for applications lodged this Australian financial year so what your fiancée has been told sounds correct. Not sure why the official time is quote at 12 months. Interviews are not mandatory for everyone but can be requested at the case officer's discretion. There may be a higher risk of fraud in Vietnam if interviews are routine there.

The IOM operates the Visa Application Centres in Vietnam for DIBP.

http://www.iom.int.vn/joomla/index.p...=87&Itemid=154

Not sure why that application fee is higher however.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 11:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lodging partner visa in VIETNAM –interview in person? Processing time 8 months? $

Originally Posted by jimcz
Has anybody lodged a partner visa in Vietnam?

My fiancée has questioned some things and she was told that after about 6 months from lodging the application she would be invited for an interview in person. I’ve never heard anything about interviews. Is it something special in Vietnam? If she “passes” the interview she should be granted the visa in 2 months. But the official processing time is 12 months?

Also, it seems that the application has to be lodged with so called “International Organization for Migration (IOM)” that serves like a mediator between the consulate and the clients. However, they apparently charge for the visa $3350 (plus a small processing fee) instead of $3085.

Could somebody shed some light into it please?
Not many people on here have had an interview for partner visas ( beyond a short phone call) but then the majority of posts we see are in the UK or onshore in Aus. The option is always there though and I guess high risk countries use it more than low risk.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

xhuyx is an unknown quantity at this point

Partner visa application in Vietnam always get interviews. Sometimes you both will be interviewed seperately, in aus and in vietnam. Vietnam is a high risk country and the purpose of the interviews is to prove ur relationship is real like u declared it is.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. As I can see it's going to be really interesting..