Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

a little confused been told to scan a document as my agent needs it asap,but only .

Wikiposts

a little confused been told to scan a document as my agent needs it asap,but only .

Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default a little confused been told to scan a document as my agent needs it asap,but only .

A little confused, had meds done 29th Aug and they were sent off today.

But my agent in oz as asked for a certificate to prove my husband had passed his city and guilds that I couldnt find at time of application.
I faxed it over and am aware you need it certified and send in post BUT
They want it to be scanned. They do not want it in post as takes too long.

I am a little confused why they need this certificate so soon when doctor has only sent meds off today. And I can't get a tracker number till Monday for them. So I can't understand why the agent is wanting certificate so soon.

I thought if you got case officer you were sure to get a visa?
Its just the slightest thing worries me at the moment.
Dose anyone know?
Julie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a little confused been told to scan a document as my agent needs it asap,but only

Originally Posted by corgi

But my agent in oz as asked for a certificate to prove my husband had passed his city and guilds that I couldnt find at time of application.

I am a little confused why they need this certificate so soon when doctor has only sent meds off today. And I can't get a tracker number till Monday for them. So I can't understand why the agent is wanting certificate so soon.

Dose anyone know?
Julie
Being assigned a Case Officer doesn't guarantee the visa - you could still be refused if something isn't right e.g. meds, police checks etc...

There are a number of threads on here for requests for qualifications from the Case Officer - if you didn't send with the initial application the CO probably just wants to verify that the qualification matches the skills claimed.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default Re: a little confused been told to scan a document as my agent needs it asap,but only

Originally Posted by Reedy
Being assigned a Case Officer doesn't guarantee the visa - you could still be refused if something isn't right e.g. meds, police checks etc...

There are a number of threads on here for requests for qualifications from the Case Officer - if you didn't send with the initial application the CO probably just wants to verify that the qualification matches the skills claimed.
Hi Thank you for your reply.
I understand they need the info. Its just that I can't work out why I can't send them in post as they still have not seen my meds or even police thing yet. The agent has asked for them to be scanned and not sent by post as they need them quick. And even if they do them quick they still have to waite for my meds to be cleared and police checks to come back. Just couldn't understand why the big rush for them was.
Julie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:54 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

The scanning thing means that they don't have to be certified copies (providing they're in colour) and sometimes CO's ask that you send additional information... and they need it certified if it's a copy...

Don't panic it's just red tape, I'm sure!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Adam Pollard is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe they pride themselves on a fast turnaround. There is no harm in sending certified copies by post, and it doesn't take that long, I can only guess its some target your agency is trying to meet, or maybe it saves them doing the copies themselves

Being assigned a case officer only means that someone has been selected to look at your case and eventually reach a decision.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corgi

Dose anyone know?
Julie
Can scan certificate and email it in minutes! Not sure how it'll pass without being certified though? Maybe your agent will sort it
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:43 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Sending in documents - Paper applications
Once you have received your client file number you can scan and email additional documents to us. The department accepts scanned copies of the original document (non-certified) provided they are IN COLOUR and in PDF, JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of the certified copies.

this is a direct quote from the DIAC there is also this which pertains to Agents, whic probably explains why they want it scanned a bit better!

... Providing scanned copies of documents reduces postal and administrative delays in receiving and processing information. ... When scanning documents use either original or certified copies of the documents. ... If the application has not been allocated please send scanned copies of all documents including police clearances to the appropriate e-mail address provided in the table below.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alipally
The scanning thing means that they don't have to be certified copies (providing they're in colour) and sometimes CO's ask that you send additional information... and they need it certified if it's a copy...

Don't panic it's just red tape, I'm sure!
Hi Alipally

Thanks for that I feel better now, thank you.
Julie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam Pollard
Maybe they pride themselves on a fast turnaround. There is no harm in sending certified copies by post, and it doesn't take that long, I can only guess its some target your agency is trying to meet, or maybe it saves them doing the copies themselves

Being assigned a case officer only means that someone has been selected to look at your case and eventually reach a decision.
Hi Yes your right I will have the certificate scanned then to be on the safe side get it certified and sent in the post.
Julie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sending in documents - Paper applications
Once you have received your client file number you can scan and email additional documents to us. The department accepts scanned copies of the original document (non-certified) provided they are IN COLOUR and in PDF, JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of the certified copies.

this is a direct quote from the DIAC there is also this which pertains to Agents, whic probably explains why they want it scanned a bit better!

... Providing scanned copies of documents reduces postal and administrative delays in receiving and processing information. ... When scanning documents use either original or certified copies of the documents. ... If the application has not been allocated please send scanned copies of all documents including police clearances to the appropriate e-mail address provided in the table below.
Hi again Alipally

I have not got a scanner myself so phoned up and got a company who will do it for me. They have asked if it needs to be on a disk?
I said i think so and they say they will scann it on a disk then I can send it to Oz. I am not very good on the computer. Will I be able to do this part easy or am I best giving email for them to do it for me?
Julie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

can i just say, i wouldnt personally send it by post, just get it scanned to the address provided, as this is the way they deal with things in oz, also this is what you have to do when you get your police checks back , our meds were done on the 26th of april and they had been sent by our docs ten days later and then only took 4 days to get there so it doesnt actually take that long to recieve them, so if i were you id get it sorted quickly because if they have everything they can just get on with giving you your visa, we didnt actually get told by our agent that we had a case officer, we had rang DIAC and they in formed us that we had a case officer from the monday, she requested and sorted the meds and then we were granted our visa on the thursday, because they had been sent by us all of the info and just got on with it.think this is why they like to have things scanned as it does delay things for them having to wait 5 days or so to get them via post, when they can have them scanned and ticked off your list strait away, hope this helps but it is all normal and convenient for them if you scan things to them if requested in this way.

kels x
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:33 pm
Ping pong PoM

Nah posting it just holds things up...

If you get it on disk then attach the document onto an email

Tell me what programme you use and I'll help you do it if you want!

Am good with Microsoft and apple as well as Lotus!

Ali x
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
can i just say, i wouldnt personally send it by post, just get it scanned to the address provided, as this is the way they deal with things in oz, also this is what you have to do when you get your police checks back , our meds were done on the 26th of april and they had been sent by our docs ten days later and then only took 4 days to get there so it doesnt actually take that long to recieve them, so if i were you id get it sorted quickly because if they have everything they can just get on with giving you your visa, we didnt actually get told by our agent that we had a case officer, we had rang DIAC and they in formed us that we had a case officer from the monday, she requested and sorted the meds and then we were granted our visa on the thursday, because they had been sent by us all of the info and just got on with it.think this is why they like to have things scanned as it does delay things for them having to wait 5 days or so to get them via post, when they can have them scanned and ticked off your list strait away, hope this helps but it is all normal and convenient for them if you scan things to them if requested in this way.

kels x
Hi Kels

Thank you this is so good of you to explain things to me. I phoned the company today who is doing the scan for me and he asked if I had a part for my computer. I had no idea what he was on about so he said for a small fee he will email it over.

Am I right in thinking he needs the email address for my agent and then my agent will then email to DIAC. Only I don't have email for DIAC in Adelaide.

But as for the meds I thought they was about a 8 week delay on them?

Good job you phoned to check on case officer I bet a lot more will do that after reading your post. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOU VISA.
julie
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Nah posting it just holds things up...

If you get it on disk then attach the document onto an email

Tell me what programme you use and I'll help you do it if you want!

Am good with Microsoft and apple as well as Lotus!

Ali x
Hi Ali

Thankyou for your kind offer to help.
But seen as I haven't got the part I need for this ,the guy from the copy shop is going to do it all for me. I just no good on the computer I had to go on a course to learn how to send emails.
Julie
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:10 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Julie,
AFAIK, the emails to the department should be sent from the address that you have put on your application as authorized (yours or your agent's).
so he said for a small fee he will email it over
If you are working through an agent, don't worry, they know all the right addresses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.