A Little Confused

Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:35 pm

katie fagan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Little Confused

Hi Guys, once again I am looking for some more help and guidence. We have just completed our meds pc"s and they were all sent off. The meds were sent off on the 11th Feb, we have gone through a agent, but I am a little confused as to what happens now, do we recieve an email from anyone to say that they are reviewing our meds, then what happens, and could anyone give me just a rough idea as to timelines, we are on a 136 skilled. Many thanks.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:44 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Little Confused

Originally Posted by katie fagan
Hi Guys, once again I am looking for some more help and guidence. We have just completed our meds pc"s and they were all sent off. The meds were sent off on the 11th Feb, we have gone through a agent, but I am a little confused as to what happens now, do we recieve an email from anyone to say that they are reviewing our meds, then what happens, and could anyone give me just a rough idea as to timelines, we are on a 136 skilled. Many thanks.
Ask your agent for your TRN which is an online transaction number and then you can view the progress yourself.......unless of course its not being done online!
If its not online then you have to wait for snail mail and can take up to two weeks, but once the meds are there it only takes a couple of days, unless there are complications of course.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

Hi ,our skilled took just over 4 months, even the agent was shocked at the speed , they must REALLY want us, it took about a month from when our meds were posted to when the agent phoned us to say we had our visa but remember ours was speedy , i think it's one of those things you just have to wait for unfortunately

good luck
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:20 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Ask your agent for your TRN which is an online transaction number and then you can view the progress yourself.......unless of course its not being done online!
If its not online then you have to wait for snail mail and can take up to two weeks, but once the meds are there it only takes a couple of days, unless there are complications of course.
It's pre-Sept 136 visa, and there is no way to check status other than through the post-lodgment inquiry or a phone call. For medicals you could email LCU to check status.
NJ
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:51 am
Just Joined

gt196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to give you some reassurement, it took approx 2 months from my meds being sent off until today when the little silver envelope came back from the embassy with a nice stamp in my passport with a 136 visa on it.
I never received an email saying they had received anything, but apparently it had go there ok.
I started applying in July 2007 (well ok, bit of a lie, as the ACS skills assessment took forever) but its finally here, so hold tight and I'm sure yours will arrive soon enough.
I guess harass the agent a bit and see if they know anything (I did mine by myself, so I had noone to hassle).
Good luck.
~G~
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Our meds went off latter end of January & 2 weeks later we contacted our agent as the Royal Mail tracking service was still showing as waiting to be sent abroad & we wanted to know they'd arrived safely. She replied within a couple of days to say our visa had been granted. We're also 136 skilled so fingers crossed you should hear something soon!

Alison
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:42 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gt196
Just to give you some reassurement, it took approx 2 months from my meds being sent off until today when the little silver envelope came back from the embassy with a nice stamp in my passport with a 136 visa on it.
I never received an email saying they had received anything, but apparently it had go there ok.
I started applying in July 2007 (well ok, bit of a lie, as the ACS skills assessment took forever) but its finally here, so hold tight and I'm sure yours will arrive soon enough.
I guess harass the agent a bit and see if they know anything (I did mine by myself, so I had noone to hassle).
Good luck.
~G~
We got our passports back with our stamps in today too!!!
Our meds were sent 13/12/07 & were finalised 10/1/08. We contacted our CO on 13/1/08 as our pcc's were due to expire on 1/3/08 & we hadn't had our visa granted. The reply that we got back was to reapply for our pcc's as our visa was going to be granted any day
Hopefully it wont be long now!! Once they got our new pcc's it only took 4 days
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:28 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Sorry to butt in on this but I'm really confused about the meds side of things.
We did our meds yesterday and the doctor is sending them by courier. So am I right in assuming there is a backlog at the place where they are sent? Again, apologies if this is annoying anyone.

Also, what if they are not forwarded to my case officer by the time he has requested them
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:36 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Sorry to butt in on this but I'm really confused about the meds side of things.
We did our meds yesterday and the doctor is sending them by courier. So am I right in assuming there is a backlog at the place where they are sent? Again, apologies if this is annoying anyone.

Also, what if they are not forwarded to my case officer by the time he has requested them

Just let your CO know you have done your meds & that they have been sent. Not sure what the backlog is but when we did ours we were told 8 weeks but infact it only took 4 (with xmas & new year in between!)
Hope you hear something soon
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:45 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Just let your CO know you have done your meds & that they have been sent. Not sure what the backlog is but when we did ours we were told 8 weeks but infact it only took 4 (with xmas & new year in between!)
Hope you hear something soon
Thanks Tawkins1
You're always so helpful with your replies
Irish Gal
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:13 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

LCU gets backed up sometimes, but there is also a mysterious organization within DIAC called heath unit or something, that is basically an interface between the LCU and the case officers. You only need to inform your CO that you have done your medicals when requested, and then they will wait for the clearance to come from the LCU.
NJ