Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Life - from subclass 475 to 887 (PR) - A great journey

Life - from subclass 475 to 887 (PR) - A great journey

Old Sep 10th 2011, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all
Smile Life - from subclass 475 to 887 (PR) - A great journey

Life as I know it in Australia thus far; from subclass 475 to 887 (PR). It’s all the Ups and Downs of my life in Australia.

A journey that made me what I’m now. TIME that yet again proved itself to be a great teacher. Here I’m writing on this day which I once thought would never come. Shattering and heart breaking times complimenting some splendid and superb moments and finally lead me to a place which was once a vague dream.

My timeline’s below:

Applied – 475 (SA Sponsorship) on July 05, 2009
Granted – February 13, 2010

Entered Australia – May 02, 2010

Applied – 887 (PR) on August 22, 2011
Granted – September 09, 2011

I arrived in Sydney Australia and my best friend picked me up; stayed at her place for couple of days until I found a place in Adelaide to go to; went to Adelaide and to my extreme surprise, it was one of the most horrible time of my life. Couldn’t find a job for 3 months and after consulting with SA govt. found out that it’s just a moral obligation not a legal one to live/work in the state which sponsored an individual and finally moved out of Adelaide; went back to my friend to decided whether to stay in this country or leave but after days of discussions and talks, finally moved to regional Victoria i.e. Ballarat; was there for couple of months until I found my first job which was casual but at least it was a stepping stone to get an Australia work reference; because it was a regional area, full time job (which was the main visa condition) was very hard to come by; worked in couple of different jobs to complete the full time work requirement but there wasn’t a sense of security and towards the end, just managed to complete 2.5 months worth of full time work experience; realized then that I had to make a move again to find a full time job (otherwise time will fly and I’ll be left stranded) and fortunate enough, found one in Geelong which offered permanent full time 38 hours a week position; it revived my dreams and aspirations to live and stay in this country and become an Australian citizen eventually but hat happiness was short lived as the company decided to wrap up their business and moved off-shore.

At least, company did let us know three months before finishing off their business in Geelong which I’m sure was a great thing for us to find another job; wasn’t happy at all about it because that was the last, not even the last thing I wanted to happen but it did which shattered my dreams again. At least, managed to accrue 8 months of full time work by then and needed just four more which was a BIG QUESTION MARK again. But, didn’t give up; started searching again for full time jobs but in vain and then realized not to waste time and searched in other cities to complete the last 4 months and fortunate enough, found a job in Bendigo while the company in Geelong was in operation; so wasn’t jobless for even a day which was a good thing. Again neither it was an ideal situation to move nor was it a permanent job but at least full time hours which were needed.

Finally, here I’m now, writing this post from the same city and saying it proudly that all those years of struggle, wait, desperation, anxiety, and helplessness, FINALLY THE GOAL NOW BEEN ACHIEVED. I will live my life the way I want and will be in total control of my destiny; not that someone else was in control before but the insecurity to live and become a citizen here was in my head all the time which not for once let me rest but all what happened above is worth it. At least, one thing is for sure, though good time and the bad, I survived and came out as victorious.

Cheers to a new and good life in Australia; Now in search for another dream.

Thanks for taking time out and read this post
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Life - from subclass 475 to 887 (PR) - A great journey

And here I go on my job for the first time as a PERMANENT RESIDENT..... Doesn't feel much of difference but still it's amazing that I'm a PR holder now ..... WOOP WOOP I think I've lost my sanity somewhere after the VISA GRANT

Cheers to a new PR life in Australiaaaaaaaaaaa .... WOOP WOOP
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:46 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life - from subclass 475 to 887 (PR) - A great journey

Congratulations.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

samk6 is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats dance123!!!!!...

Thank you very much for sharing your life story. hope that It will encourage all the 475 applicant very much...

Samk6
Old Sep 13th 2011, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samk6
congrats dance123!!!!!...

Thank you very much for sharing your life story. hope that It will encourage all the 475 applicant very much...

Samk6
Thank you tking and samk6.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Return ticket booked through emirates in $1362. Got a great deal. Finally, will be going to my country for 3 good months after almost 3 long years. Will relax, enjoy and have great fun. Can't wait until the end of October. Yeehaaaa !!!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Janaka is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dance123
Return ticket booked through emirates in $1362. Got a great deal. Finally, will be going to my country for 3 good months after almost 3 long years. Will relax, enjoy and have great fun. Can't wait until the end of October. Yeehaaaa !!!
Great I am gona do the same thing if i get my visa soon
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

fairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to all

Congratulations
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:37 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Very happy for you, good on ya persevering even when it got really tough. You deserve your PR. Here's hoping we are not far behind you! All the best for your Aussie future - enjoy your citizenship ceremony when it comes
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fairystar
Congratulations
Thank you.
Originally Posted by PamE
Very happy for you, good on ya persevering even when it got really tough. You deserve your PR. Here's hoping we are not far behind you! All the best for your Aussie future - enjoy your citizenship ceremony when it comes
Thank you PamE. Throughout this journey, I learnt a lot and especially in tough times. Now, things have started to come into perspective and if not at least I will not worry about my OZ future
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Life - from subclass 475 to 887 (PR) - A great journey

Got the VISA sticker finally. I feel soooo precious now

Bought 2 prepaid registered envelopes and sent it off to Melbourne DIAC office along with the grant letter on: 12/09/2011
Received at the other end: 14/09/2011
Got Passport back with PR sticker today: 16/09/2011
and my VISA card has finally been charged for the Emirates ticket.

Gosh, I'm on cloud 9. Everything is in order. Can't wait for the holidayzzz
Old Sep 16th 2011, 9:56 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Nice one where are you going?
Old Sep 19th 2011, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice

Oh.. what a struggle.. atlast you achieved what you wanted. Great !!
Old Sep 19th 2011, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Big Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Life - from subclass 475 to 887 (PR) - A great journey

Originally Posted by dance123
Life as I know it in Australia thus far; from subclass 475 to 887 (PR). It’s all the Ups and Downs of my life in Australia. ......................................
.................Cheers to a new and good life in Australia; Now in search for another dream.

Thanks for taking time out and read this post
Congratulations dance123 adn would say well deserved....You proved...Where there is a "will" there is always a "way"...Good luck..and enjoy your vacations
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gypsy.
Oh.. what a struggle.. atlast you achieved what you wanted. Great !!
Hey Gypsy, it was hard really hard. Perhaps I must say, there was a day I almost packed up everything to go back but fortunate enough, with some discussion with one of my best friend, I didn't. I feel lucky now that I didn't go back

Cheers to good life in Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.