Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Lied to get WHV and now in Oz but Girlfriend want to report me to Immigration!

Lied to get WHV and now in Oz but Girlfriend want to report me to Immigration!

Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:53 pm
Best move in life

interested16 will become famous soon enoughinterested16 will become famous soon enough
Default Lied to get WHV and now in Oz but Girlfriend want to report me to Immigration!

Im posting this for a friend

A friend of mine arrived in Oz 2 months ago from the UK (UK Citizen) on a Working Holiday Visa.
The situation is
He lied on the application saying he had no criminal convictions when he actually did
He came here with his girlfriend but they have had a major fall out and they have both went there own ways
She is threatening to call Immigration and inform them that he lied to get his WHV
Can immigration throw him out of the country for lying?
He never got a prison sentence but has been charged for minor things over the years
Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lied to get WHV and now in Oz but Girlfriend want to report me to Immigration!

Well yes of course they could. Whether they would or not I don't know.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 10:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lied to get WHV and now in Oz but Girlfriend want to report me to Immigration!

Originally Posted by interested16
Im posting this for a friend

A friend of mine arrived in Oz 2 months ago from the UK (UK Citizen) on a Working Holiday Visa.
The situation is
He lied on the application saying he had no criminal convictions when he actually did
He came here with his girlfriend but they have had a major fall out and they have both went there own ways
She is threatening to call Immigration and inform them that he lied to get his WHV
Can immigration throw him out of the country for lying?
He never got a prison sentence but has been charged for minor things over the years
If he lied on his application he deserves whatever comes his way.
As to whether Immigration will ask him to leave, only they know that.
He lied to them, no-one on here will codone that.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:02 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

and there will not only be potential deportation from Austrslia but also a possible exclusion period (eg 3years) during which he cannot enter Australia.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is quite possible. They seem to forgive a lot, IF you are honest. As soon as you lie you are in three year ban territory.
His convictions wouldn't have stopped him getting the whv, but his lying can stop him getting others. Silly boy.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

MarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant future

It gets worse.. in the worst case, if his visa was cancelled on Section 501 character cancellation grounds, he could incur a permanent ban from entry to Australia for the rest of his life.

Short of that, the PIC4020 regulations regarding bogus documents or false information provided to DIAC or a skills assessment authority could make it very difficult to get future visa applications approved, not to mention the 3-year exclusion period.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:28 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

he should just kayak to and from indonesia and claim asylum.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
he should just kayak to and from indonesia and claim asylum.
He could - but he would be found to have no legal grounds to seek asylum, so he'd be even further up shite creek without a paddle.

Not to mention the crocs, great whites, king waves................
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:35 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

The other side of the coin is that if she reports him then she is accessory to a known misrepresentation to DIAC.
If she is clever she will do nothing and he will have gotten away with it...for now, if she just wants vengeance then she risks dropping herself in it. No one wins.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
The other side of the coin is that if she reports him then she is accessory to a known misrepresentation to DIAC.
If she is clever she will do nothing and he will have gotten away with it...for now, if she just wants vengeance then she risks dropping herself in it. No one wins.
Ah-ha - but she could say that he only told her of this recently

Which ever way you look at it, the OP - sorry, his friend - is in the poo, or at the least will have to remain in fear of being in the poo. Stuff like that happens when you sign your name to a lie.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

MarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant future

And since WHV visas do not have secondary applicants (each applicant must file their own separate WHV visa application), it's not as if she was a party to the visa application where he lied...
Old Apr 29th 2013, 11:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

How? She wasn't a secondary applicant on his visa. How would anyone prove she knew if he lied?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:21 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Well my ignorance of how a WHV works doesn't help, but, if you both do a WHV together and you are aware that your friend/partner lies then are you not party to it?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well my ignorance of how a WHV works doesn't help, but, if you both do a WHV together and you are aware that your friend/partner lies then are you not party to it?
You don't do a WHV together. Each person applies for their own visa seperate from each other. What you put on your application has nothing to do with me or what I put on mine. You would have no way of knowing what information I put on my application just as I would have no way of knowing what you put on yours.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Its actually a bit worse again. As if he was kicked out of Oz, then any visa to any other country outside of the EU would be pretty hard to get. Even tourist visas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.