Is Leukamia a barrier to PR

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:36 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Is Leukamia a barrier to PR

HNY all,
Does anyone know if Leukamia would be a barrier to PR, we are currently on the old 457ie visa, comming to an end this year, we have met all the criteria but are getting concerned that we may have to throw our air fare at it to stay. Thoroughly p off. We arrived in Mar 04 & the wife fell ill 2 months later & was diagnosed with Multiple Myloema. Had all the serious treatment, stem cell , chemo etc & been to hell & back but she has been in remission for 2 years but is starting to fret at having to go back, we love it here & want to contribute. Having gone through some of my old pm's I thought it was stressful enough getting the visa, but us all having come through this, I am going madder by the day, helps me fit in tho
If anyone can add anything please do, I don't mind the brutal truth it may save us some money you never know.

Posted this on anonother thread, JAJ recommended I try on here. Thanks JAJ
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 4:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Leukamia a barrier to PR

Originally Posted by DavidT
HNY all,
Does anyone know if Leukamia would be a barrier to PR, we are currently on the old 457ie visa, comming to an end this year, we have met all the criteria but are getting concerned that we may have to throw our air fare at it to stay. Thoroughly p off. We arrived in Mar 04 & the wife fell ill 2 months later & was diagnosed with Multiple Myloema. Had all the serious treatment, stem cell , chemo etc & been to hell & back but she has been in remission for 2 years but is starting to fret at having to go back, we love it here & want to contribute. Having gone through some of my old pm's I thought it was stressful enough getting the visa, but us all having come through this, I am going madder by the day, helps me fit in tho
If anyone can add anything please do, I don't mind the brutal truth it may save us some money you never know.

Posted this on anonother thread, JAJ recommended I try on here. Thanks JAJ
The answer is quite possibly yes, but if there are special compassionate circumstances and you are settled in Australia, there may be scope to apply for Ministerial discretion under section 351.

Strongly recommended to talk to a migration agent who understands health criteria. One option is Peter Bollard in Sydney: http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/