Letter to your AOS after bond paid in

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all
Red face Letter to your AOS after bond paid in

Hi everybody. Can anyone help - I just had an email from my AOS to say that when she lodged our bond (139 visa) last week she had a letter (receipt) which she took to Centrelink. Do we now need to wait for a letter from Centrelink to my AOS to confirm its all completed or do Centrelink just contact my CO and thats it?

I emailed my CO today to say bond paid and receipt given to CL and whether we need to do anything else - and now I am worrying that I shouldnt have contacted her....

I just really would like to know a time scale and if I know CL send a letter to my AOS then I know we are not in the final stages of the wait yet.

Hope this makes sense, thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 5:51 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter to your AOS after bond paid in

I believe Centrelink contact DIMA directly to confirm the bond has been paid.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neepneeps
Hi everybody. Can anyone help - I just had an email from my AOS to say that when she lodged our bond (139 visa) last week she had a letter (receipt) which she took to Centrelink. Do we now need to wait for a letter from Centrelink to my AOS to confirm its all completed or do Centrelink just contact my CO and thats it?

I emailed my CO today to say bond paid and receipt given to CL and whether we need to do anything else - and now I am worrying that I shouldnt have contacted her....

I just really would like to know a time scale and if I know CL send a letter to my AOS then I know we are not in the final stages of the wait yet.

I wouldnt worry about contacting the CO - you arent asking a question, just stating the fact things have happened. CL will contact them direct.

Here is a snippet off my agent yesterday as they are chasing it up next week for us:
It would also be good to know what date Centrelink advised your uncle that they had received notification that the bond had been lodged. (he would have rec'd a formal letter notifiying him of this).

There isnt anything to do with this letter, its just for confirmation...so dont panic. x
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all

Thanks Cath, so kind of you! It seems very confusing at this stage - some people dont seem to know about the letter etc. Perhaps some places just tell your CO quicker than others, and in slower regions they wait for the letter.

Im so disappointed as know that Darwin were s.lo.w to understate! going to just not get hopes up of going out in March. Silly as when we got CO in Dec I thought defiantly be heading over in Feb and now still nothing. This is so soul - destroying!!

Never mind we will all get there in the end!!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

lisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to all

Hi Neepneeps

I got a call from my mum yesterday who is my AoS. Saying that she just received a letter from Centrelink informing her that the AoS has been approved and that they have informated DIMA.

I don't know what this means in time scales or what. Hang in there you'll here something very soon im sure.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:55 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa - which office did your mum go to for the interview? And how long did she have to wait for an interview etc? Thanks x.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info Lisa. Sounds like we do have to wait for that letter then! boo hoo. never mind i hope we all get it soon!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

lisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ws99
Lisa - which office did your mum go to for the interview? And how long did she have to wait for an interview etc? Thanks x.

Hi, she went to her local Centerlink office in Bunbury WA and they sent all the paperwork etc to the main office in Perth. It was Perth that requested she pay the bond and they sent her the letter informing her everything had been done. It all took about 2 weeks (ish). Hope this helps
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cath, so kind of you! It seems very confusing at this stage - some people dont seem to know about the letter etc. Perhaps some places just tell your CO quicker than others, and in slower regions they wait for the letter.

Im so disappointed as know that Darwin were s.lo.w to understate! going to just not get hopes up of going out in March. Silly as when we got CO in Dec I thought defiantly be heading over in Feb and now still nothing. This is so soul - destroying!!

Never mind we will all get there in the end!!
No worries mate - it was a surprise to us too when my uncle said he had originally got it...i didnt realise it was important until this week...
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:51 am
Just Joined

leerankin is on a distinguished road

hi

my aos received letter today asking for bond to be paid into commonwealth bank with 2 weeks of letter.
Can't believe we are getting to the end!!!!

If anyone out there knows roughly how long an answer will take to see if we have the visa or not after this stage i would love to hear from you.

its been a long process - applied April 2006!

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leerankin
hi

my aos received letter today asking for bond to be paid into commonwealth bank with 2 weeks of letter.
Can't believe we are getting to the end!!!!

If anyone out there knows roughly how long an answer will take to see if we have the visa or not after this stage i would love to hear from you.

its been a long process - applied April 2006!

Thanks
I thik we got our visa a week and a half after the bond was paid. You need to leave time for Centrelink to inform DIAC that it's been paid. I remember checking on Austimeline when we were waiting and the timings on this varied from 2 - 40 days! At least it is the final stretch though, not long until that visa is in your hands
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

exactly 2 weeks after bond paid we were granted visa, hope this helps x