Wikiposts

let the stupid questions commence!

Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Default let the stupid questions commence!

Well, we have instructed an agent to get on with our TRA assessment but I am going to do the rest myself.

We are applying for the 139 visa and I am going to need your help with the 47sk form - so be prepared for some daft questions to be posted.
Anyway, here are my first two:

1) Can I just print the 47sk off the gov website - if so, does it matter if it is double or single sided?

2) as the 139 is not points tested, do we have to fill in the points claimed section anyway?

Cheers for all your help

Jo
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:28 pm
jgomezsabado

Default Re: let the stupid questions commence!

Originally Posted by joeyb
Well, we have instructed an agent to get on with our TRA assessment but I am going to do the rest myself.

We are applying for the 139 visa and I am going to need your help with the 47sk form - so be prepared for some daft questions to be posted.

1) Can I just print the 47sk off the gov website - if so, does it matter if it is double or single sided?

2) as the 139 is not points tested, do we have to fill in the points claimed section anyway?

Cheers for all your help

Jo

hi there. this has nothing to do with your question although id like to seek some tips from you. i am in the process of gathering docs for my husband's skills assessment--broadcast transmitter operator--tra. can you send me sample of your employer reference. thanks. im online as well.

Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Talking Re: let the stupid questions commence!

Originally Posted by jgomezsabado
hi there. this has nothing to do with your question although id like to seek some tips from you. i am in the process of gathering docs for my husband's skills assessment--broadcast transmitter operator--tra. can you send me sample of your employer reference. thanks. im online as well.
We are just in the middle of sorting that out - should be done by early next week so I'll try to get something to you. However, from what I gather you have to provide an idiots guide to how to do your job. My husband is a brickie and it includes things like how he mixes mortar and what type of brick he uses

Jo
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:51 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for all your help

Jo
your agent should email you 47sk in a fillable format so you can do it nice and neat. You wont get that from dimia website.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:02 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for all your help

Jo
we did it single sided - not sure about points tho
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for all your help

Jo
Single sided is easier for DIMIA to handle wit hfolio referenceing and any photocopying they need to do but double sided is OK.

Do not need to complete the points testsection - so put a line through it "N/A 139 applicant"

Tony
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

When you apply for 139 you also apply for 138.

So as long as your sponsor is also eligible to apply for 138 and you have 110 points with sponsorship it can't hurt to fill out the points section of the form.

If 139 is your only route and you don't qualify for 138, remember that 139 is going to be replaced with a temporary visa soon (for new applicants) so you may not have a lot of time to waste.

Jeremy
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

i just wanted to say that i almost fell off my chair laughing when i saw the title of your thread! LOL I love it!

good luck on your assessment!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck also,
I didn't fill it in and I asked the same questions lol
I didn't fill it in cos I can't reach the 110 points, I can if I work for another million years and have more than a degree (maybe a super-dooper-whooper Degree) however they are forever moving the goal posts so it is pot luck when you put it in I feel.

good luck Lace x
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

I am a 139 visa holder (see timeline below), and when I applied I filled in the points section for the very reason that Jeremy mentions - that if they find something wrong with the 139 application you could revert to a 138 application if you get 110 points. If you can't get to 110 then don't bother, but if you can then it gives you another option if something goes wrong on the 139.

I did my forms single sided, but that's just because my home printer doesn't do double sided. :-)

Cheers,
Brian

Cheers for all your help

Jo
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for all your help

Jo
You don't have to fill in the points claimed section to be considered under 138, they must consider you under that by law if you fail the 139 or you tell them you would prefer that visa. It is also not just a matter of scoring 110 points, there are increased Recent Work Experience requirements for the 138 that you may not meet also.

But, it makes sense to fill the points claimed in if your feel you do also meet the 138 criteria, but don't think that by not filling it in that they will not consider you for this visa also if necessary.

Tony
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Tony thats why I didn't fill it in I don't have enough work experience for the 138

Mmmm maybe next year if I don't get this

hugs Lace x