Wikiposts

Legal threats by 'The Emigration Group'

Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:39 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal threats by 'The Emigration Group'

Originally Posted by scottyboy
ps. I hear anything bad said about Bass Ale again and I'll drag yer ass to court!

Scotty.
Well just as long as I don't have to drink the stuff.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Well just as long as I don't have to drink the stuff.
As if. ergh.
I'm with you on that one.
Mine's a V.B.

Scotty.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:17 am
Just Joined

markb is an unknown quantity at this point

The only people who could comment on this company are those whom have used their service right?....

And they only way the would try and gag those whom have used their service is if they want to hide the fact that their service is not what it should be right?.....

So really what they are trying to do is to get those whom have used their service and found them wanting, to hush so that thoswe who do not know about them may use their service...it looks like a sad and desperate attempt to keep a bad business afloat.

Word of mouth is the most reliable form of business recommendation or avoidance for the consumer.....

To slap a gag on old clients is to avoid exposure....
Some companies treat you like a mushroom, keep you in the dark and feed you rubbish, and if British Expats are going to bow down to bully boy tactics then Im not sure I want to be a part of it......

The only reason someone wants to operate in darkness is so their deeds cannot be seen. Those who do right open themselves up to exposure so that they can be seen to be doing things to a high standard.

MarkB

Last edited by markb; Oct 30th 2004 at 1:20 am.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by markb
The only people who could comment on this company are those whom have used their service right?....

And they only way the would try and gag those whom have used their service is if they want to hide the fact that their service is not what it should be right?.....

So really what they are trying to do is to get those whom have used their service and found them wanting, to hush so that thoswe who do not know about them may use their service...it looks like a sad and desperate attempt to keep a bad business afloat.

Word of mouth is the most reliable form of business recommendation or avoidance for the consumer.....

To slap a gag on old clients is to avoid exposure....
Some companies treat you like a mushroom, keep you in the dark and feed you rubbish, and if British Expats are going to bow down to bully boy tactics then Im not sure I want to be a part of it......

The only reason someone wants to operate in darkness is so their deeds cannot be seen. Those who do right open themselves up to exposure so that they can be seen to be doing things to a high standard.

MarkB
I agree with everything you say Markb, the only good thing that can come out of this is bad publicity for any company involved in such tactics.

But I don't agree with giving up on British Expats because it has decided to try to control bully-boy tactics without resorting to a potentially expensive and lengthly legal fight.

The situation speaks for itself and people can draw their own conclusions about the integrity of companies that turn the thumb-screws at the slightest hint of trouble.

There are many things on these boards that make it worthwhile staying around and being an active member, I hope you stick with it.

Matt
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:01 am
Just Joined

markb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I agree with everything you say Markb, the only good thing that can come out of this is bad publicity for any company involved in such tactics.

But I don't agree with giving up on British Expats because it has decided to try to control bully-boy tactics without resorting to a potentially expensive and lengthly legal fight.

The situation speaks for itself and people can draw their own conclusions about the integrity of companies that turn the thumb-screws at the slightest hint of trouble.

There are many things on these boards that make it worthwhile staying around and being an active member, I hope you stick with it.

Matt
Yeah I probably will.....cheers Matt
Ive had many good reasons to visit this site with many good answers....
I get frustrated at people who treat others this way...
If there was a good conscience about a service offered,
then there would be no reason to FEAR exposure...

Anyway Ive been requested to not speak about this comapny on this site so I better not.

However if anyone wants a personal recommendation about my experience with this company (outside British Expats of course !!!).....
Please feel free to email me so that British Expats doesnt get into trouble as I would be happy to share my experience.....

Markb

Last edited by markb; Oct 30th 2004 at 2:06 am.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:08 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this thread should be "stuck" to the top so that any newbies can see for themselves what this company is like...
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:13 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by markb
Yeah I probably will.....cheers Matt
Ive had many good reasons to visit this site with many good answers....
I get frustrated at people who treat others this way...
If there was a good conscience about a service offered,
then there would be no reason to FEAR exposure...

Anyway Ive been requested to not speak about this comapny on this site so I better not.

However if anyone wants a personal recommendation about my experience with this company (outside British Expats of course !!!).....
Please feel free to email me so that British Expats doesnt get into trouble as I would be happy to share my experience.....

Markb
Good to hear you'll be sticking around. It is frustrating to see the joint power of money and lawyers used to steamroller common-sense. As you say, if a company has confidence in it's practices then it should stand-up to free and fair criticism from all sides.

I have my (relatively straight-forward) immigration issues sorted - I hope, musn't be too complacent! I'm sure I can imagine what you think about the situation, though

Cheers,
Matt
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

They obviously didn't think first (if at all). They can't sue because BE isn't a British site.

If they had asked nicely, posts would have been dropped and no one would have known any different.

By doing this they now have far more negative publicity than they could possibly imagine.

As no one is mentioning them by name, but continuing to discuss them, they must be a tad annoyed. Hey ho.