Wikiposts

Leeds Expo

Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Leeds Expo

I know there were a few from here planning on going to the Leeds Expo at the weekend. So what were your thoughts?

The biggest waste of £30 I've ever spent - oh plus the £5 for the parking they don't tell you about.

I was warned they are rubbish but had already bought the ticket so for anyone thinking of going to a future one - Don't bother!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:10 am
Just Joined

ScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really niceScottishSteve is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Leeds Expo

I went to an expo in London. Ontop of the entrance etc I had a flight from Glasgow. Waste of time really unless your in Civil Engineering or the medical profession, even then you could get the info online instead. Waited for an hour to talk to one of the State representitives to be told to continue the route I'm doing.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr.../thumbdown.gif
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all
Default Re: Leeds Expo

I would echo those sentiments too, unless you are looking for a very select type of job, when I suppose it might prove useful.

As posted previously, civil engineering, medical, as well as IT and stuff involving mining were very prominent in my experience.

Went to three in total. Two in London and one in Manchester. I went looking for something in the electrical/automation area, and there was absolutely zero there for me.

Won't bother again.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

Yeah we went, it was an absolute waste of time. I'm thinking of writing a letter of complaint and askign for my money back. An absolute con - no wonder they didn't release the list of exhibitors prior to the date. Everyone would have asked for their money back.

Pure rip off
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saxtonj
Yeah we went, it was an absolute waste of time. I'm thinking of writing a letter of complaint and askign for my money back. An absolute con - no wonder they didn't release the list of exhibitors prior to the date. Everyone would have asked for their money back.

Pure rip off
Ha ha yes I might do that myself.