British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   LCU and medicals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/lcu-medicals-379914/)

Mrs JFW Jun 17th 2006 6:15 pm

LCU and medicals

Does anyone know....do LCU automatically inform you if your medicals have been cleared? just wondered!

cheers Jackie x

Wendy Jun 17th 2006 6:17 pm

Re: LCU and medicals

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Does anyone know....do LCU automatically inform you if your medicals have been cleared? just wondered!

cheers Jackie x

No Jackie, they don't tell you. If you e-mail them they will tell you if they have been processed, but that's about it. I'd assume if you haven't heard anything that all is well :)

Mrs JFW Jun 17th 2006 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
No Jackie, they don't tell you. If you e-mail them they will tell you if they have been processed, but that's about it. I'd assume if you haven't heard anything that all is well :)

I don't know if they have even been sent yet Wendy! Doctors said they would only ring if there were any problems with xrays or bloods. haven't heard a dickie bird, so hoping all is well and the meds are in Oz!

How are ya Wendy? all sorted?

Jackie x

njk435 Jun 17th 2006 7:28 pm

I wasn't sure my meds had gone, so I emailed LCU and got a reply 2 days later saying they had been processed, the following day my CO emailed saying that all was well and visa will be granted in July.

The LCU email is on the DIMA site - I just put LCU in the search, there is some info listed that you need to include in your email.

HTH

Alison1967 Jun 17th 2006 8:05 pm

I don't know if they have even been sent yet Wendy! Doctors said they would only ring if there were any problems with xrays or bloods. haven't heard a dickie bird, so hoping all is well and the meds are in Oz!

Jackie x

Jackie, my visa was granted 6 weeks and 1 day after they received my medicals at LCU in sydney (i did my meds 2 mths after visa appl and sent pcc 1 mth later - both unrequested).

email them and confirm receipt then its back to the waiting game.
keep your chin up.

Ali

Wendy Jun 17th 2006 8:48 pm

Jackie x

Nearly. I've spent all day scanning all my photo's onto my PC and made a disc to take with me. Now just need to split the photo's up and distribute amongst the family.