Last surviving relative visa

Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Last surviving relative visa

We think we know the answer to this already but I am putting this out to those who may be know more than we do.

We are a family of 3. My husband's family are now all in australia. Both parents are dead. Brother and his family are in WA.

I have a brother and father here in the UK but have had no contact for approximately 23 years. No idea on location or even if they are alive but as my brother is younger I am presuming he, at least is still alive.

We have a son who is 3.

I think the answer is a straight no but I wonder if there is any way we could qualify for the visa in anyway.

Thanks.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:46 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last surviving relative visa

Just a quick note, I believe that estranged family members are still counted in the balance of family test. No contact in X years means didly squat as far as DIAC is concerned. And it is Last **Remaining** Relative visa, not surviving one )
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by newjersey
Just a quick note, I believe that estranged family members are still counted in the balance of family test. No contact in X years means didly squat as far as DIAC is concerned. And it is Last **Remaining** Relative visa, not surviving one )

We pretty much knew that but thought we'd ask anyways.

Thanks for responding.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, the name rings a bell, did you not return to the UK, or was it someone else with a similar name?