British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   The last mile...medical (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/last-mile-medical-638607/)

supriyag123 Nov 2nd 2009 6:58 am

The last mile...medical

Ok so I have got my AFP doc 'Met' too...rest were met around 10 days back..only 2 docs in 'required' state are medical.

I have taken medical (1st day) from HSA Perth on 30th Nov. Blood, x-ray, urine etc have been taken. 2nd appointment is on 4th when i will get to know the result from doctor.

Here are the questions now-

1) For applicants in aus going via HSA route, medical is sent to immigration office (adelaide in my case) directly and not to HOC sydney....is it right?

2) Do HSA send the result via post or do they hand over to the applicant. Checked BE and have found different opinions on this. Thot I will ask again, as most of the old responses in BE on this were before 2007.

3) Somewhere i have read that HSA directly updates the CO on medical electrnically-> meaning CO gets to know the result the day they are finalized in HSA...is it true?

Pls bare with me if some of the ques are repeated here. Your (BE) help has got me going so far..pls help me complete the last mile.:)

Pollyana Nov 2nd 2009 7:14 am

Re: The last mile...medical

Originally Posted by supriyag123 (Post 8063728)
Ok so I have got my AFP doc 'Met' too...rest were met around 10 days back..only 2 docs in 'required' state are medical.

I have taken medical (1st day) from HSA Perth on 30th Nov. Blood, x-ray, urine etc have been taken. 2nd appointment is on 4th when i will get to know the result from doctor.

Here are the questions now-

1) For applicants in aus going via HSA route, medical is sent to immigration office (adelaide in my case) directly and not to HOC sydney....is it right?

2) Do HSA send the result via post or do they hand over to the applicant. Checked BE and have found different opinions on this. Thot I will ask again, as most of the old responses in BE on this were before 2007.

3) Somewhere i have read that HSA directly updates the CO on medical electrnically-> meaning CO gets to know the result the day they are finalized in HSA...is it true?

Pls bare with me if some of the ques are repeated here. Your (BE) help has got me going so far..pls help me complete the last mile.:)

The medical will be sent electronically to HSA.
Pre 2007 things were done differently:)

supriyag123 Nov 2nd 2009 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8063753)
The medical will be sent electronically to HSA.
Pre 2007 things were done differently:)

Thanks Pollyana. So will it be sent immidiately along with my 2nd appointment when doctor will confirm (i have been told) if everythng is ok? Or will it take time for them to enter it into the system. Will appreciate your thot on this based on experience.:thumbup:

supriyag123 Nov 4th 2009 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by supriyag123 (Post 8063763)
Thanks Pollyana. So will it be sent immidiately along with my 2nd appointment when doctor will confirm (i have been told) if everythng is ok? Or will it take time for them to enter it into the system. Will appreciate your thot on this based on experience.:thumbup:

Had my 2nd appointment with HSA Perth today, and all turned out good. She confirmed that I have no medical issue whatsoever and all is clear.

However, they have handed over my medical results to me in a 'do not open' envelope and asked me to mail it to DIAC!...I was kinda hoping that this step was no longer required, as per pollyana, and also couple of my other friends!

Anyways, can anybody confirm if there is any particular address (in adelaide processing centre) for sending it , or is it the general adelaide proc centre address? I am kinda worried on whether or not it will reach to the safe hands of my CO, without much troubles.:huh:

Rhubarb65 Nov 4th 2009 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by supriyag123 (Post 8070488)
Had my 2nd appointment with HSA Perth today, and all turned out good. She confirmed that I have no medical issue whatsoever and all is clear.

However, they have handed over my medical results to me in a 'do not open' envelope and asked me to mail it to DIAC!...I was kinda hoping that this step was no longer required, as per pollyana, and also couple of my other friends!

Anyways, can anybody confirm if there is any particular address (in adelaide processing centre) for sending it , or is it the general adelaide proc centre address? I am kinda worried on whether or not it will reach to the safe hands of my CO, without much troubles.:huh:

Hi supriyag123,

mail it registered post addressed with your case officer's name as the first line of the address to:
<case officer name>,
Case Officer,
Department of Immigration and Citizenship,
GSM Adelaide,
Level 4 55 Currie Street,
ADELAIDE SA 5000

Mark on the back of the envelope your name, file reference number and transaction reference number and give a return mail address just for good measure!

regards

Rhubarb65

eurosyl Nov 4th 2009 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by supriyag123 (Post 8070488)

Hi supriyag123,

I got the sealed envelope too upon finalization of the medicals. I was asked to keep it sealed and store it and ONLY to send it to the CO if asked for. All information is available electronically and the CO never asked for the envelope. As you can see the visa was granted (and after that I opened the envelope to have a peek on what forms they added).

Cheers,
Sylvia

supriyag123 Nov 5th 2009 1:29 am

Originally Posted by eurosyl (Post 8071284)
Hi supriyag123,

I got the sealed envelope too upon finalization of the medicals. I was asked to keep it sealed and store it and ONLY to send it to the CO if asked for. All information is available electronically and the CO never asked for the envelope. As you can see the visa was granted (and after that I opened the envelope to have a peek on what forms they added).

Cheers,
Sylvia

Thanks guys...yes the results have been sent electronically to my CO, or else how come I have this letter in my mail box today morning which is also known as freaking pre-grant letter:eek:

yahoooooo

vsuccess Nov 5th 2009 1:40 am

Great news, congratulations mate, :thumbsup:

I am quite in ur situation where I got CO on Oct 15 and submitted form 80. I frontloaded medicals and pcc and currently in Sydney. Didn't heard anything since then. Ur pre-grant make my exciteness high. :fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by supriyag123 (Post 8072164)
Thanks guys...yes the results have been sent electronically to my CO, or else how come I have this letter in my mail box today morning which is also known as freaking pre-grant letter:eek:

yahoooooo

eurosyl Nov 5th 2009 1:43 am

WHOOO HOOO!! congrats Supriyag!

supriyag123 Nov 5th 2009 1:54 am

Thanks guys..:)

Red_V_Roger Nov 5th 2009 6:09 am

We're going for our 856 medicals in Sydney a week on Monday, but did not realise that you have to go back and get them :( as we are going to New Zealand for 10 days on the Wednesday.

Anyone know if they send them electronically to DIAC when they are done, or only when you go in and see them a second time?

ThKmOZ Nov 5th 2009 6:30 am

congrats for ur pre-grant

Gems Nov 5th 2009 6:35 am

We had our medicals a couple of weeks ago at HSA Perth.

They did everything on the day, and they told us they just send everything electronically. We didnt have to take anything home with us.

Gems

Red_V_Roger Nov 5th 2009 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Gems (Post 8072547)
We had our medicals a couple of weeks ago at HSA Perth.

They did everything on the day, and they told us they just send everything electronically. We didnt have to take anything home with us.

Gems

Thanks!

Rhubarb65 Nov 5th 2009 10:18 am

Originally Posted by supriyag123 (Post 8072164)

yahoooooo

Congratulations from one Sapper to another..makes all the effort and waiting worthwhile, doesn't it?

Rhubarb65