Labour Agreements

Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

loobilu will become famous soon enoughloobilu will become famous soon enough
Default Labour Agreements

Hi

Any info would be much appreciated. If the oz army are unable to sponsor me as i was not a sergeant during my service, will they be willing to give me a labour agreement, is this the same as sponsorship?

Completely lost....

Thanks
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Agreements

Originally Posted by loobilu
Hi

Any info would be much appreciated. If the oz army are unable to sponsor me as i was not a sergeant during my service, will they be willing to give me a labour agreement, is this the same as sponsorship?
Labour agreement is one kind of sponsorship (there are others) but only applies to certain occupations/industries. Normally the employer knows about this option if available.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
Labour agreement is one kind of sponsorship (there are others) but only applies to certain occupations/industries. Normally the employer knows about this option if available.

Would some transport companies be able to do this for truck drivers in regional areas
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

bump
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:14 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Hi

Completely lost....

Thanks
Loobilu,

I have applied and have been successful as an Officer but I was looking at my son in law coming accross as well. He is a Cpl in the infantry please see below the reply from "Defence". He hasn't made anymore contact as his current service is going well and he may be fortunate this year on the next board, but there is a contact email for you to use if you require any further details...good luck.

"Unfortunately, your son in-law does not meet the minimum rank prerequisite of at least Substantive Sergeant, and is not eligible to be enlisted as an Overseas Lateral Applicant.

He may still be able to join the Australian Army, if he is able to make his own way to Australia and obtain Australian Citizenship. Once he has been granted Australian Citizenship he then needs to get in contact with Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) either via phone 13 19 01 or website (www.defencejobs.gov.au). He will need to be aware that although he may gain Citizenship, he is not guaranteed that he will be enlisted into the Australian Defence Force (ADF).

More information on immigration and visas can be obtained from the Department of Immigration website (www.immi.gov.au) and the Australia High Commission, London website (www.australia.org.uk).

Should you require further clarification, please contact CPL Tim Vann on 0061 3 5258 0659 or via e-mail: [email protected]"
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

loobilu will become famous soon enoughloobilu will become famous soon enough

thats great, thanks alot for all your help....hopefully well be able to make some headway now...

Cheers
Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:48 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

thats great, thanks alot for all your help....hopefully well be able to make some headway now...

Cheers
Your welcome, happy to discuss the process if you are successful.