British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Just submitted Spouse Visa Application online... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/just-submitted-spouse-visa-application-online-904515/)

BritInParis Oct 15th 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Just submitted Spouse Visa Application online...

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12361690)
We paid by BPAY. I have not received any acknowledgement of our payment or my application. Nothing. I would have at least expected a receipt or 'thank you for your application' email.

I can't stop thinking that I was redirected to another site and have been scammed.

Yep, you should get that email. Check your junk folder.

LaLaLayla Oct 16th 2017 1:27 am

Nope, nothing in Junk folder 😬

Pollyana Oct 16th 2017 3:40 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12361794)
Nope, nothing in Junk folder 😬

What does your bank say?
I must admit it sounds like the payment(s) did not go through.

LaLaLayla Oct 16th 2017 3:46 am

The payments definitely went through.

LaLaLayla Oct 16th 2017 5:33 am

Hoorah! Just received an Acknowledgement email. What happens next, does anybody know?

Thanks.

Pollyana Oct 16th 2017 9:41 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12361857)
Hoorah! Just received an Acknowledgement email. What happens next, does anybody know?

Thanks.

You go back into your immiaccount and upload your documents.

LaLaLayla Oct 18th 2017 12:35 am

OK, I have been granted a Bridging Visa C which means I can't work. How can I change it for one of the ones where I can work? The Immigration Agent did not tell me.

Thanks.

Pollyana Oct 18th 2017 7:05 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12363438)
OK, I have been granted a Bridging Visa C which means I can't work. How can I change it for one of the ones where I can work? The Immigration Agent did not tell me.

Thanks.

You can't just change it, you will need to contact DIBP and be able to prove extreme hardship in order to get permission to work.
If you are using an agent they should be able to assist you, but if your husband is working, and/or you have savings, you may not be granted permission.
I'd get professional advice before applying, to give yourself the best chance.

Edited to add -weren't you on a tourist visa? That must have expired for you to have been given a BVC. Normally you would have got a BVA, and as you were applying for a Spouse Visa that comes with full working rights.
Had your tourist visa expired before you applied for the 820?

A BVC also has no travel rights, do not leave the country, you can't come back.

LaLaLayla Oct 18th 2017 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12363575)
You can't just change it, you will need to contact DIBP and be able to prove extreme hardship in order to get permission to work.
If you are using an agent they should be able to assist you, but if your husband is working, and/or you have savings, you may not be granted permission.
I'd get professional advice before applying, to give yourself the best chance.

Edited to add -weren't you on a tourist visa? That must have expired for you to have been given a BVC. Normally you would have got a BVA, and as you were applying for a Spouse Visa that comes with full working rights.
Had your tourist visa expired before you applied for the 820?

A BVC also has no travel rights, do not leave the country, you can't come back.

I was on a Tourist Visa, that expired the day after I applied for the Spouse Visa. Ya, I'd say we are experiencing extreme hardship, as my husband is having to work overseas in order to pay the bills. He can't join us until I go back to work (I have my own business which I have put on hold).

Pollyana Oct 18th 2017 11:05 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12363582)
I was on a Tourist Visa, that expired the day after I applied for the Spouse Visa. Ya, I'd say we are experiencing extreme hardship, as my husband is having to work overseas in order to pay the bills. He can't join us until I go back to work (I have my own business which I have put on hold).

What a shame you couldn't get it through a few days earlier.
I would suggest speaking to an agent about the best way to put forward a case for Extreme Financial Hardship.

LaLaLayla Oct 18th 2017 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12363710)
What a shame you couldn't get it through a few days earlier.
I would suggest speaking to an agent about the best way to put forward a case for Extreme Financial Hardship.

I can't afford an Immigration agent, due to my extreme financial hardship :lol:.

I read somewhere that I need to fill in Form 1005, but I can't find it on the immi.gov website...

BritInParis Oct 19th 2017 8:35 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12364170)
I can't afford an Immigration agent, due to my extreme financial hardship :lol:.

I read somewhere that I need to fill in Form 1005, but I can't find it on the immi.gov website...

LMGTFY ;)

LaLaLayla Oct 19th 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12364392)

You don't think I tried that? There is loads of info on the form but not the form itself.

spouse of scouse Oct 19th 2017 10:45 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12364478)
You don't think I tried that? There is loads of info on the form but not the form itself.

I typed it in Google and the first hit is the form!

old.sparkles Oct 19th 2017 10:46 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12364478)

The top answer on my screen, from the LMGTFY, was by DIBP and was the form - https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1005.pdf