British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Just submitted Spouse Visa Application online... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/just-submitted-spouse-visa-application-online-904515/)

LaLaLayla Oct 13th 2017 9:49 am

Just submitted Spouse Visa Application online...

And I have some concerns:

1. None of our cards worked, for some reason, they were all declined in spite of having enough money in our accounts. We also tried to pay by BPAY but it didn't go through in one go as there is a daily limit on our accounts, so we had to send several amounts from different accounts. Will this be a problem, do you think?

2. Nowhere on the form was I asked about our children. They asked about children included in the Application and children who would not be emigrating with us. Nowhere were we asked about our mutual children who are here but not applying for visas (they are Australian citizens).

3. At no point was I requested to upload any documents.

Have I missed anything? Thank you.

Croker Oct 14th 2017 5:15 am

Re: Just submitted Spouse Visa Application online...

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12360046)

1. None of our cards worked, for some reason, they were all declined in spite of having enough money in our accounts. We also tried to pay by BPAY but it didn't go through in one go as there is a daily limit on our accounts, so we had to send several amounts from different accounts. Will this be a problem, do you think?

2. Nowhere on the form was I asked about our children. They asked about children included in the Application and children who would not be emigrating with us. Nowhere were we asked about our mutual children who are here but not applying for visas (they are Australian citizens).

I don’t have kids at all, so my memory of this section of the form is hazy, but shouldn’t you have included them in the “children who are not emigrating with you” section, on the basis that they aren’t emigrating because they’re already Australian citizens?

Someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer for definite, but I would have thought that was where their details were recorded.

Pollyana Oct 14th 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Croker (Post 12360678)
I don’t have kids at all, so my memory of this section of the form is hazy, but shouldn’t you have included them in the “children who are not emigrating with you” section, on the basis that they aren’t emigrating because they’re already Australian citizens?

Someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer for definite, but I would have thought that was where their details were recorded.

Sounds right to me.

BritInParis Oct 14th 2017 4:51 pm

1. If you haven't paid then you haven't submitted an application. It won't be lodged without payment.

2. Children who are Australian citizens are neither migrating nor non-migrating dependents so you were correct there but you should have mentioned your children as immediate family members.

3. Probably because of non-payment.

quiltman Oct 15th 2017 4:20 am

I believe they only accept UK based cards - it does say you can get someone else to pay and then reimburse them. (Certainly for passport applications it says this) It seems stupid as most folk will apply from outside the UK! I have a similar problem here in that many online stores will not accept debit/credit cards NOT issued here in the Philippines! Luckily, most of them do cash on delivery. Have you emailed the visa centre to ask why your cards are not accepted? What does the site say when you input your card details? There may be a clue there.

quiltman Oct 15th 2017 4:47 am

I've just had a quick google. It seems the OP is not alone. The UK visa site just says "Visa or Mastercard debit/credit cards". does NOT say UK only! Others from back in June have been coming across a similar problem , in some cases there is no option to pay! Just a blank after "Please select payment method". Others have had cards declined and the UK visa office says "Use another browser"!! A government ploy to reduce applications - or am I just an old cynic?
All I can suggest is to keep trying.

old.sparkles Oct 15th 2017 6:04 am

Originally Posted by quiltman (Post 12361219)
I've just had a quick google. It seems the OP is not alone. The UK visa site just says "Visa or Mastercard debit/credit cards". does NOT say UK only! Others from back in June have been coming across a similar problem , in some cases there is no option to pay! Just a blank after "Please select payment method". Others have had cards declined and the UK visa office says "Use another browser"!! A government ploy to reduce applications - or am I just an old cynic?

I think you may have crossed wires quiltman - OP is applying for AUS spouse visa :)

NickyC Oct 15th 2017 6:04 am

The OP is applying for an Australian spouse visa.

What does that have to do with the UK visa office? :confused:

spouse of scouse Oct 15th 2017 6:05 am

Probably not much help, but I used an Australian Mastercard without any problems. I think the OP is living in Australia, or at least was recently.

old.sparkles Oct 15th 2017 6:07 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12361225)
Probably not much help, but I used an Australian Mastercard without any problems. I think the OP is living in Australia, or at least was recently.

And again - you applied for UK visa, not AUS visa.

spouse of scouse Oct 15th 2017 6:10 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12361227)
And again - you applied for UK visa, not AUS visa.

Oh dear. Sorry to make you type that out twice.

old.sparkles Oct 15th 2017 6:16 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12361228)
Oh dear. Sorry to make you type that out twice.

No worries - it can be an easy mistake to make.

Hope you've battened down the hatches for Ophelia :fingerscrossed:

spouse of scouse Oct 15th 2017 6:37 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12361232)
No worries - it can be an easy mistake to make.

Hope you've battened down the hatches for Ophelia :fingerscrossed:

Still in Perth, Sparkles :) Hope my doggy's ok. Oh - and the housesitters too, of course :lol:

Pollyana Oct 15th 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12360046)

It sounds like the payment has not gone through. Speak to your bank and get either your daily limit, or your credit card limit raised.
Or get a friend to pay on your behalf.

Once payment has gone through you will get the option to upload documents.

LaLaLayla Oct 15th 2017 8:39 pm

We paid by BPAY. I have not received any acknowledgement of our payment or my application. Nothing. I would have at least expected a receipt or 'thank you for your application' email.

I can't stop thinking that I was redirected to another site and have been scammed.