Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Just submitted Spouse Visa Application online...

Just submitted Spouse Visa Application online...

Old Oct 15th 2017, 8:47 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just submitted Spouse Visa Application online...

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
We paid by BPAY. I have not received any acknowledgement of our payment or my application. Nothing. I would have at least expected a receipt or 'thank you for your application' email.

I can't stop thinking that I was redirected to another site and have been scammed.
Yep, you should get that email. Check your junk folder.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, nothing in Junk folder 😬
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, nothing in Junk folder 😬
What does your bank say?
I must admit it sounds like the payment(s) did not go through.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

The payments definitely went through.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Hoorah! Just received an Acknowledgement email. What happens next, does anybody know?

Thanks.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 9:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hoorah! Just received an Acknowledgement email. What happens next, does anybody know?

Thanks.
You go back into your immiaccount and upload your documents.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

OK, I have been granted a Bridging Visa C which means I can't work. How can I change it for one of the ones where I can work? The Immigration Agent did not tell me.

Thanks.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

OK, I have been granted a Bridging Visa C which means I can't work. How can I change it for one of the ones where I can work? The Immigration Agent did not tell me.

Thanks.
You can't just change it, you will need to contact DIBP and be able to prove extreme hardship in order to get permission to work.
If you are using an agent they should be able to assist you, but if your husband is working, and/or you have savings, you may not be granted permission.
I'd get professional advice before applying, to give yourself the best chance.

Edited to add -weren't you on a tourist visa? That must have expired for you to have been given a BVC. Normally you would have got a BVA, and as you were applying for a Spouse Visa that comes with full working rights.
Had your tourist visa expired before you applied for the 820?

A BVC also has no travel rights, do not leave the country, you can't come back.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 18th 2017 at 7:13 am.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can't just change it, you will need to contact DIBP and be able to prove extreme hardship in order to get permission to work.
If you are using an agent they should be able to assist you, but if your husband is working, and/or you have savings, you may not be granted permission.
I'd get professional advice before applying, to give yourself the best chance.

Edited to add -weren't you on a tourist visa? That must have expired for you to have been given a BVC. Normally you would have got a BVA, and as you were applying for a Spouse Visa that comes with full working rights.
Had your tourist visa expired before you applied for the 820?

A BVC also has no travel rights, do not leave the country, you can't come back.
I was on a Tourist Visa, that expired the day after I applied for the Spouse Visa. Ya, I'd say we are experiencing extreme hardship, as my husband is having to work overseas in order to pay the bills. He can't join us until I go back to work (I have my own business which I have put on hold).
Old Oct 18th 2017, 11:05 am
Home and Happy

I was on a Tourist Visa, that expired the day after I applied for the Spouse Visa. Ya, I'd say we are experiencing extreme hardship, as my husband is having to work overseas in order to pay the bills. He can't join us until I go back to work (I have my own business which I have put on hold).
What a shame you couldn't get it through a few days earlier.
I would suggest speaking to an agent about the best way to put forward a case for Extreme Financial Hardship.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
What a shame you couldn't get it through a few days earlier.
I would suggest speaking to an agent about the best way to put forward a case for Extreme Financial Hardship.
I can't afford an Immigration agent, due to my extreme financial hardship .

I read somewhere that I need to fill in Form 1005, but I can't find it on the immi.gov website...
Old Oct 19th 2017, 8:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I can't afford an Immigration agent, due to my extreme financial hardship .

I read somewhere that I need to fill in Form 1005, but I can't find it on the immi.gov website...
LMGTFY
Old Oct 19th 2017, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You don't think I tried that? There is loads of info on the form but not the form itself.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 10:45 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You don't think I tried that? There is loads of info on the form but not the form itself.
I typed it in Google and the first hit is the form!
Old Oct 19th 2017, 10:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

The top answer on my screen, from the LMGTFY, was by DIBP and was the form - https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1005.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.