Wikiposts

Just starting out

Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:36 am
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Just starting out

Hi Everyone Me and my fiancee are just starting out on the visa process I wanted to know if anyone could help me with a question about debts.
Basically its about student loans and car finance. Does everything have to be paid of before we make the application or can we keep paying of these debts when we are(fingers crossed) in oz.
I think the car finance wll have to be paid off but not sure about the student loans.
Thanks in advance
Rick
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:12 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Just starting out

Originally Posted by Rick C
Hi Everyone Me and my fiancee are just starting out on the visa process I wanted to know if anyone could help me with a question about debts.
Basically its about student loans and car finance. Does everything have to be paid of before we make the application or can we keep paying of these debts when we are(fingers crossed) in oz.
I think the car finance wll have to be paid off but not sure about the student loans.
Thanks in advance
Rick
Hello Rick and welcome to the forum,
can't answer your questions myself but I know this subject arises ever now and again, do a search from the toolbar and have a mooch !
Good luck with the process
Carole
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:15 am
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hello Rick and welcome to the forum,
can't answer your questions myself but I know this subject arises ever now and again, do a search from the toolbar and have a mooch !
Good luck with the process
Carole
THanks Carole I'll do that
this firum is very usefull glad I found it.
How far along the process are you?
Where are you emigrating to?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:17 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

THanks Carole I'll do that
this firum is very usefull glad I found it.
How far along the process are you?
Where are you emigrating to?
Going to Adelaide on an SIR Visa, fingers crossed.
We have passed TRA (skills assesment) and have our sponsorship from south australia sorted, and the visa application has been in two weeks today !!

Where are you hoping to settle, and what visa are you applying for ?

Carole
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:26 am
G'day Sport

Going to Adelaide on an SIR Visa, fingers crossed.
We have passed TRA (skills assesment) and have our sponsorship from south australia sorted, and the visa application has been in two weeks today !!

Where are you hoping to settle, and what visa are you applying for ?

Carole
Hoping to settle in Melbourne. Posted a thread on the general forum about the visa(Information please). My fiancee Charlotte is applying for skilled visa as she passes the points test now, she's a podiatrist, but it will take me 2-3 years to gain my qualification and work experience for an accountant. We need to prove that we've been in a defacto relationship. We've been together for 5 years but have no joint bills or rent book as wedon't live together. So need to find out our options.
Are you sponsored by the state or family?
Charlotte has family in Melbourne but not sure about the sponsoering side of things due to the money envolved.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:32 am
Keeping an eye out !

Hoping to settle in Melbourne. Posted a thread on the general forum about the visa(Information please). My fiancee Charlotte is applying for skilled visa as she passes the points test now, she's a podiatrist, but it will take me 2-3 years to gain my qualification and work experience for an accountant. We need to prove that we've been in a defacto relationship. We've been together for 5 years but have no joint bills or rent book as wedon't live together. So need to find out our options.
Are you sponsored by the state or family?
Charlotte has family in Melbourne but not sure about the sponsoering side of things due to the money envolved.
Rick, we are sponsored by the state, we have no family down under.

Is podiatrist on the MODL ?, that's supposed to be a quicker visa, although having said that I think I've seen a few threads saying that they are taking the same amount of time at the mo.
Can you finish your quals/training over there or are you waiting for that and then applying ?
Can't help with the de-facto situation but there are lots of people on here that have gone that route and I'm sure they will help you out with advice and information
Also have a look on www.austimeline.com to get an idea of how long your type of visa is taking
Carole

Carole
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:35 am
G'day Sport

Smile Re: Just starting out

Rick, we are sponsored by the state, we have no family down under.

Is podiatrist on the MODL ?, that's supposed to be a quicker visa, although having said that I think I've seen a few threads saying that they are taking the same amount of time at the mo.
Can you finish your quals/training over there or are you waiting for that and then applying ?
Can't help with the de-facto situation but there are lots of people on here that have gone that route and I'm sure they will help you out with advice and information
Also have a look on www.austimeline.com to get an idea of how long your type of visa is taking
Carole

Carole
Carole yes podiatrist is on the jobs in demand list, and I can complete my studies in Oz, hoping to apply as soon as possible.
Thanks for the link i'll look into it. All the best with your application let me know how everything turns out.

Rick
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:42 am
Keeping an eye out !

Carole yes podiatrist is on the jobs in demand list, and I can complete my studies in Oz, hoping to apply as soon as possible.
Thanks for the link i'll look into it. All the best with your application let me know how everything turns out.

Rick
Just had a look at your other thread on the Australia forum, you could go away and get married on your own for a weekend (very romantic), get your visa and validate and then come back and have a church blessing with your families before you emigrate for good.
Just a thought I'm a bit soppy, sorry
Good luck to you both
Carole
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:44 am
Get me out of here!!

Jules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the rough

Hello and welcome to the MAD HOUSE !!! No doubt you will become a regular and will need you daily 'fix' like the rest of us on here!!

As for the debt thing as far as I am aware you can keep paying them off when you are in Oz. I have heard of people keeping a UK account open and just sending money over to cover ongoing standing orders etc and have even heard of people just walking away without paying a bean but am sure they don't sleep too good at night and are probably waiting for the knock as these days I don't think there are many hiding places if you know what I mean.

Best of luck with the application. Hope it all goes well

Jules x
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:45 am
G'day Sport

Red face Re: Just starting out

Just had a look at your other thread on the Australia forum, you could go away and get married on your own for a weekend (very romantic), get your visa and validate and then come back and have a church blessing with your families before you emigrate for good.
Just a thought I'm a bit soppy, sorry
Good luck to you both
Carole
You're not soppy been toying with that idea myself