Wikiposts

Just had chest X-rays......

Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Just had chest X-rays......

Just had the chest x-rays done this morning.....didnt realise how nervous I'd be.

I have to pick them up on Wednesday in time for my Meds

How do I find out if there are any problems or not (there shouldnt be but it gets you thinking.......) ? Will the doctor look at them during the Meds? I assume the radiologist has a look and fills out the form before sealing it in the envelope so the doctor wont be able to look at them.

Cheers

SS
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just had chest X-rays......

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
Just had the chest x-rays done this morning.....didnt realise how nervous I'd be.

How do I find out if there are any problems or not (there shouldnt be but it gets you thinking.......) ? Will the doctor look at them during the Meds? I assume the radiologist has a look and fills out the form before sealing it in the envelope so the doctor wont be able to look at them.

Cheers

SS
Not 100% sure but i think the doctor has a look at them and then writes whatever he needs to on the medical forms (which you don't get to see) and you can take your actual x-rays home with you!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:03 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by kirsten
Not 100% sure but i think the doctor has a look at them and then writes whatever he needs to on the medical forms (which you don't get to see) and you can take your actual x-rays home with you!

The doctor should tell you if there's going to be a problem. I've never heard of a case where the doctor has just sent off forms without discussing with the person first.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Thanks a lot. There shouldnt be a problme but just being in this position gets your mind racing.

So the doctor doesnt send the X-rays.....I thought they were supposed to. Maybe its down to the doctor cos I thought some people had.

Cheers

SS
Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:45 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks a lot. There shouldnt be a problme but just being in this position gets your mind racing.

So the doctor doesnt send the X-rays.....I thought they were supposed to. Maybe its down to the doctor cos I thought some people had.

Cheers

SS

Some do, but they should just fill out the Xray form, the actual film isn't needed
Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mlbonner, visa angel ..... surely a migration agent in the making.

i thank you.

SS
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

mlbonner, visa angel ..... surely a migration agent in the making.

i thank you.

SS

Hi SS
I think post July 1st you do need to send the x-ray film - it was something I queried and was told to send it.
All the best
Jana
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi SS,
You keep getting closer dont you. Hope it all went well. i agree with the other poster, if their had been a problem the doctor would be duty bound to tell youu. this whole process makes u totally paranoid though doesnt it? what is the z-ray like? what do they do 2 you|? do u get under a big machine? and wear a whote gown etc? soz if this posting is a bit bleary but i'e had a diner party and too much wine
hope it all goes well
cheers SS

Cheers

SS
Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:20 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by threlly
Hi SS,
You keep getting closer dont you. Hope it all went well. i agree with the other poster, if their had been a problem the doctor would be duty bound to tell youu. this whole process makes u totally paranoid though doesnt it? what is the z-ray like? what do they do 2 you|? do u get under a big machine? and wear a whote gown etc? soz if this posting is a bit bleary but i'e had a diner party and too much wine
hope it all goes well
cheers SS
Hi Threlly

Sounds like a good party!!

Our meds went like this: Had meds done first then 2 days later had x-rays done. X-rays was a stand up job in front of the camera. Took 10 mins to do the 4 of us

X-ray person (radiologist?) checked them over and added comments on it then sent to doctor who did meds. My blood pressure was through the roof (176 over 110, or something like that) so I had to go to my GP for a second reading few days later and it was normal, put down to the stress of medicals. Paranoid indeed.

When Dr received them he adds his comments too, in other words if all is ok he writes something along the lines of "this person is fit for migration to Australia"

There was a problem with wife as she had scarring on lungs after she contracted pnuemonia a few years back. Dr actually rang us to ask what was the cause of this so just told him and he was fine.

So Dr sent medical report and x-rays to Australia and we were not allowed to see them. Reasuringly Dr told us there was nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps

Walla
Old Jul 24th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

thanks for your reply, my medical and x ray is on august 4th, the day after we get back form cornwall for a week, after eating loads of clotted icecream, cream teas, fish n chips etc. this shouldnt matter though.

my main worry being a young female is that i will have to strip off in front of a male doctor, do you have to strip off? and what parts of my body they will need to examine. in the letter i got back from the doctor he also put i was to have no unprotected sex between now and medical, whats all that about?

ever paranoid threlly

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Threlly

Sounds like a good party!!

Our meds went like this: Had meds done first then 2 days later had x-rays done. X-rays was a stand up job in front of the camera. Took 10 mins to do the 4 of us

X-ray person (radiologist?) checked them over and added comments on it then sent to doctor who did meds. My blood pressure was through the roof (176 over 110, or something like that) so I had to go to my GP for a second reading few days later and it was normal, put down to the stress of medicals. Paranoid indeed.

When Dr received them he adds his comments too, in other words if all is ok he writes something along the lines of "this person is fit for migration to Australia"

There was a problem with wife as she had scarring on lungs after she contracted pnuemonia a few years back. Dr actually rang us to ask what was the cause of this so just told him and he was fine.

So Dr sent medical report and x-rays to Australia and we were not allowed to see them. Reasuringly Dr told us there was nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps

Walla
Old Jul 24th 2004, 9:35 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your reply, my medical and x ray is on august 4th, the day after we get back form cornwall for a week, after eating loads of clotted icecream, cream teas, fish n chips etc. this shouldnt matter though.

my main worry being a young female is that i will have to strip off in front of a male doctor, do you have to strip off? and what parts of my body they will need to examine. in the letter i got back from the doctor he also put i was to have no unprotected sex between now and medical, whats all that about?

ever paranoid threlly
Hi Threlly

Well being a bloke I can't comment on laydee things, I was down to my boxers, he had look at the old man and asked me to cough!!!

Dr needs to see you semi naked because I think they look for puncture marks on skin or in veins to determine if you jack up or not. They tap your back so to check your lungs are working ok and put a stethescope on your chest.

They check your eyesight, teeth and look in your ears and the dreaded blood pressure test!! Also weigh you. Feel your tummy too, you know the double hand thing looking for lumps or bumps inside your body!! Take your blood and check the urine you take with you

I think that's about it, if you have your med form you will get a better idea of what they look for if you check

My wife didn't get told about the unprotected sex thing so aint got a clue what that's all about.

It's always embarrasing stripping off but if the Dr is a good un he'll put at ease very quickly

Good luck and try not to get paranoid!! Most people on the forum go through exactly what you're experiencing, I know I did hence my blood pressure going thru the roof!!

Walla
Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:48 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

ever paranoid threlly

No, they wont make you do that, I'm sure. My doctor was a male and even just because I had to take my top off so he could do the 'lumpy bumpy thing' and listen to my heart etc he called in a female receptionist. All very easy and nothing worrying at all

Don't know about the unprotected sex either, unless its for a pregnancy/blood test thing??
Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I think the 'unprotected sex' bit refers to the risk of harm to an unborn foetus should you be pregnant when you have the x-ray!!!!
I don't think it indicates any unsavoury examinations that you may be in line for!!!

I'm dreading the meds, for many reasons (most totally unfounded).......but if I ever get to the position of actually needing to have them done, i'll be over the moon!

Good luck
Old Jul 24th 2004, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Interesting comments all round.....for the x-rays all I had to do was stand in front of the plate. My top was off. My partner was asked to wear a gown.

Now the Meds on Friday......havent been told need to take a urine sample with me? Is it standard procedure to do that or do you pee when there...if so I must remember not to pee at work in the monring ha ha :-)

SS
Old Jul 24th 2004, 11:57 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Interesting comments all round.....for the x-rays all I had to do was stand in front of the plate. My top was off. My partner was asked to wear a gown.

Now the Meds on Friday......havent been told need to take a urine sample with me? Is it standard procedure to do that or do you pee when there...if so I must remember not to pee at work in the monring ha ha :-)

SS
I had to wear a gown - the metal in an underwired bra shows up on your Xray and makes you look a bit odd otherwise

You pee when you're there!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.